ICICI bank credit cards are one of the most widely used financial products in India. These credit cards are popular because of the kind of attractive features and benefits that they come with. However, ICICI bank likes to update these features, benefits, and promotional offers on these cards from time to time. While the bank sends regular updates to the cardholder's each time a change or update is introduced via email, it also prefers to send the information in detail through postal address as well. Hence, it is important to keep the address of communication updated all the time. Any change in the address of correspondence must be updated immediately.
Mostly, customers forget to update the change in address of correspondence because of the misconception that the process is tedious. In fact, changing or updating the address is a simple and convenient process. One can do it sitting at the comforts of their home. ICICI credit cardholders can change their address of correspondence using online or offline methods. Let’s take a detailed look at the various processes meant for the same.
Online Process To Change Address Of Correspondence For ICICI Credit Cards
ICICI credit cardholders can update or change their address of correspondence by following the steps listed below:
- Cardholders need to visit ICICI bank’s internet banking portal www.icicibank.com.
- After visiting the bank’s portal, they will need to log in their user id and password.
- Once they enter their customer profile, they will need to click on the drop box at the top right-hand corner of the screen and click on “Service Request.”
- On clicking on that option, they will be led to a section called “More.”
- Clicking on “More” will lead them to a new page with a tab called, “Request for change of communication address.”
- Once they are on the next page, they will need to enter the communication address and the click on “Submit.”
- Next, they will be sent an OTP on their registered mobile number. They will need to enter the same OTP on the space provided to them on the screen.
- Once they enter the OTP, they will have to click on “Submit” tab.
- On the following screen, cardholders will be given a confirmation that the address change request has been placed successfully.
- They will be given a reference number which they should keep for future reference.
Offline Process To Change Address Of Correspondence For ICICI Credit Cards
ICICI credit cardholders can change the address of correspondence offline in two different ways:
- Cardholders can 24-hour customer care service +91-4040-661-850 and talk to the executive to initiate the process. Alternatively, they can also request for a call back y submitting a request on the website. A phone banking service representative will get in touch with them within 10 minutes.
- Cardholders can download the application to change the address of communication from www.icicibank.com. After duly filling it up, they must attach a proof of address with it and send it to the address mentioned below:
ICICI Bank Limited,
5th Floor, A-Wing, Autumn Estates
Chandivali Farm Road, Chandivali
Land Mark: Next to Chandivali Studio, Opp MHADA
How To Download The Declaration Form To Change The ICICI Address Of Correspondence?
Cardholders can download the declaration form to change or update the address of correspondence by logging on to www.icicibank.com. Once they fill up the form, they must take a print out of the same to submit it at their nearest ICICI bank.
Documents Required To Change Address in ICICI Credit Cards
ICICI credit cardholders can submit any one of the following as proof of address:
- Copy of valid passport with photograph and signature
- Copy of voter's ID card
- Copy of driver's license
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of job card issued NREGA and signed by the officer of State Government.
- Copy of letter issued by a gazetted officer with a photograph of the cardholder duly attested.
- Copy of utility bill like electricity, landline, postpaid mobile bill, gas line, and water bill. The bill should not be more than 2 months old.
- Receipt of property or municipal tax.
- Copy of post office savings bank account statement/passport or bank account.
- Copy of pension or family pension payment orders (PPOs) issued to retired employees by the government departments or public sector undertakings, only if they contain the address.
- Letter of allotment of accommodation from the cardholder's employer issued by the central government or state government department, regulatory or statutory bodies, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, financial institutions and listed companies. Also, license and leave agreements with such employers allotting official accommodation.
- Copies of documents issued by the government departments of foreign jurisdictions and letter issued by Foreign Embassy or Mission in India.
Necessity Of Changing Address Of Correspondence For ICICI Cards
In a situation where the cardholder is changing their address of correspondence, it is important to change or update this information on their portal. This will ensure seamless communication between the bank and the cardholder. Listed below are a few reasons why the cardholders should update or change their address of correspondence in case they shift to a new one:
- This will help the bank in getting in touch with them easily.
- Updating the new address of correspondence will ensure that all the necessary documents like account statements, etc, reach the cardholder through post on time.
- In case the bank decides to change banking terms and conditions, they will be able to reach the cardholder and update them about the same.
FAQs on Change Of Address Of Correspondence For ICICI Credit Cards
- How long does it take the bank to update my mailing address?
Your request will be processed in one working day.
- Do joint account holders need to fill separate forms to request a change of address?
Yes, joint account holders need to fill in two separate forms to file a request to change the address of correspondence.
- Will I sent an SMS alert to notify the change in address of correspondence?
If you submit a registered mobile number or an email id, ICICI bank will send you a notification once your request is closed and the change has been made.
- Is rent agreement a valid proof for change of address?
A copy of the rent agreement can be submitted with copies of any of the documents listed in the list by the bank as proof of address.