BPCL SBI Credit Card
BPCL SBI Card is a co-branded fuel credit card jointly launched by SBI Card and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), in December 2017.
The card claims to provide the most rewarding fuel saving benefits for the card holders. Designed to serve the mass affluent consumer segment which consumes a significant amount of fuel on a daily basis, the BPCL SBI Card offers significant savings proposition on fuel.
The fuel credit card provides up to 5% savings on fuel which is approximately equal to 70 litres of fuel per year. Further, it also offers accelerated savings on other categories of spends including groceries, entertainment, utility bill payments, and lot more. It also comes with a comprehensive reward points programme.
Features and Benefits of BPCL SBI card
The BPCL SBI card offers a bundle of features and benefits for its users. Besides providing fuel savings, the card is designed with the features of regular credit card such as balance transfer on EMI option, global acceptance, flexipay, auto payment option and lot more. Let’s look at each one of them in detail.
Welcome gift: Card holders will receive 2,000 reward points as activation bonus reward points upon paying the joining fee. The reward points are worth Rs.500 and can be redeemed against fuel purchases at BPCL fuel outlets, BPCL vouchers, or to purchase products from SBI Cards rewards catalogue - Shop n Smile.
The activation bonus reward points will be credited 20 days after paying the joining fee.
Accepted worldwide: The international credit card is accepted at all the outlets that allow Visa or MasterCard transactions. It can be used at over 24 million outlets across the globe including 3.25 lakh stores across India.
Balance transfer on EMI: Card holders can transfer their outstanding dues on other credit cards to BPCL SBI card and pay back in easy monthly instalments (EMIs) at low rate of interest. A tenure of 3-6 months is available for repayment. Users can avail the facility through net banking or by calling the customer care.
Flexible repayment: The FlexiPay option allows BPCL SBI Card users to repay their big ticket transactions in easy monthly instalments. The feature is valid for any purchase above Rs.2,500 and can be availed within 30 days of purchase.
A tenure period of 6, 9, 12 or 24 months is available for repayment. A flat interest rate of 14.5% p.a. and an one-time processing fee of 2% will be charged for conversion.
Easy Bill Pay: Card users can enrol for the Easy Bill Pay feature to auto pay their utility bills, electricity, telephone, and internet bills every month.
Free add-on cards: The card holders are eligible for add-on credit cards that come up with almost all the benefits and features of the primary card. Family members of the card holder including parents, spouse, children and sibling above 18 years of age are eligible for add-on cards.
Easy Money: The Easy Money feature allows the users to convert their cash limit into cash. Card holders can request for a draft or cheque within the available cash limit and the same will be delivered to their registered address. The facility can be available through SBI net banking.
Fuel surcharge waiver: Card holders are eligible for a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on every transaction up to Rs.4,000. A maximum of Rs.100 can be waived under the feature providing an annual saving of Rs.1200.
Reward Points on BPCL SBI Credit Card
- Card holders will earn 5 reward points for every Rs.100 spent at grocery, departmental stores, movies and dining. Four reward points equal to Rs.1
- By enrolling for the Easy Pay facility, which auto pays utility bill payments, card holders can earn 5 rewards for every Rs.100 spent for bill payments.
- All the non-fuel retail purchases except those mentioned above will earn 1 reward for every Rs.100 spent.
- For fuel purchases made at BPCL outlets, users can earn 13 reward points for every Rs.100 spent
- There is no minimum threshold for redeeming the reward points and the same can be done at 1200 select BPCL petrol pumps. The accrued points can also be redeemed for BPCL vouchers and to purchase from SBI Cards’ ‘Shop n Smile’ rewards catalogue
BPCL SBI Card – Fees and Charges
The fees and charges applicable for the co-branded fuel credit card are listed below
|One-time annual fee
||Rs.499 (Applicable from second year and is reversible if the spend in first year equals or exceeds Rs.50,000)
|Add-on card fee
Extended credit charges
- An interest free repayment period of 25-50 days is available for all retail purchases, provided the outstanding dues from the previous month are cleared
- An interest rate of up to 3.35% per month is applicable from the date of transaction for all the uncleared dues
- Minimum amount due will be 5% of the total outstanding with a minimum of Rs.200. All the EMIs pertaining to EMI-based loans will be included in the minimum due.
Cash advance and fee
- A cash advance limit of up to 80% of the credit limit with a maximum of Rs.12,000 per day is available with no interest free period
- Cash withdrawn from SBI and other bank ATMs will attract a cash advance fee of 2.5% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs.300
- Cash advances from international ATMs will attract an advance fee of 3% of the transaction amount with a minimum of Rs.300.
- Late payment fee
|Total Amount Due (Rs.)
|0 – 200
|201 - 500
|501 – 1,000
|1,000 – 10,000
|Greater than 10,000
|Cheque pickup fee
|Statement retrieval fee
||Rs.100 per statement (more than 2 months old)
|Charge slip retrieval fee
||Rs.225 per charge slip
|Card replacement charge
|Rewards redemption fee
||Up to Rs.99
|Payment dishonour fee
|| 2% of the payment amount, subject to a minimum of Rs.450
|Cash payment fee
|Emergency card replacement in abroad
|Over limit fee
||2.5% of the over limit amount (min. Rs.500)
|Foreign currency transaction fee
||1.99% conversion mark-up
- For railway tickets purchased through IRCTC counters, a fee of Rs.30 and 2.5% of the transaction amount will be charged
- For railway tickets booked using IRCTC online portal, 1.8% of the transaction amount and service charge will be levied
Check Eligibility and Apply for BPCL SBI Credit Card
Individuals who wish to apply for BPCL SBI credit card can check their eligibility using the ‘SBI Card’ website or by contacting the SBI Card helpline at 3902020.
To check online follow the steps mentioned below
- Visit ‘SBI Card’ website
- Click ‘Personal> Credit Cards> Apply Now’
- A new page with different categories will be displayed, select ‘Travel & Fuel Cards’ to see BPCL SBI Card
- Click ‘Apply Now’ button under the card details to visit the application page
- Fill the required fields and click ‘Next Step’
- Once the details are submitted, you will receive an instant decision from the bank about your eligibility for the card.
If you’re eligible for the card, your credit limit will be displayed online, which means you application has been approved online.
The bank executives will approach you in next two working days and will inform you about the required documents and set an appointment to collect the same from you. Once the documents are submitted, the bank will take up to 21 days to process the application.
If you’re not eligible for the card, the same will be displayed instantly.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.