Amerian Express Credit Card Net Banking or Online Banking
One of the most reputed banks in India, the American Express is known for the amount of convenience it provides to its customers. In fact, in order to simplify processes related to credit cards for its cardholders, the bank offers the facility of net banking. Through this, the credit cardholders of American Express have access to a wide range of facilities like online payment, downloading monthly e-statement, generation and regeneration of PIN, and checking transaction details from time to time. They can also register their credit card for the auto-bill payment facility through net banking.
How To Register An American Express Credit Card On The Net Banking Account?
For existing American Express customers with a net banking account: In case one is an existing American Express credit cardholder and already has a net banking account on the bank's portal, they can register their card easily through the portal. All they have to do is log into the bank’s portal, by typing https://global.americanexpress.com and fill in their User ID and password on the homepage after selecting the option of "Cards-My Account" from the drop-down box. Since they are creating an online account for their American Express credit card, they will need to select the option of “Create New online Account” and then follow the steps listed below:
- Once they log in, they will be directed to a page that contains different tabs. They will need to click on the first tab that says, "Verification." Under the “Verification” tab, the individual will need to enter their 15-digit card number and 4-digit card ID and click on “Continue.”
- On the next tab that says, “Account Preferences”, they will be able to make customizations according to their needs.
- The third and the last tab is called, "Card Benefits." Under this tab, the individual will get a detailed explanation about the benefits that comes along with their credit card. Once they finish going through the details listed under this tab, they can click on “Continue” and finish the registration process.
For existing American Express credit cardholders without a net banking account: If an individual is an existing American Express credit cardholder but they don't have a net banking account, they will need to register for an online account first to register their credit card. They can register for a net banking account by visiting the nearest branch of American Express, using phone banking, or by stepping into an American Express ATM.
For new customers of American Express: Even if the credit cardholder doesn’t have a savings account with American Express, they can set up a net banking account for their card to have access to every kind of credit card-related services. They can follow the steps listed below to set up a credit card net banking account:
- They will need to log on to global.americanexpress.com. On the homepage, they will be asked to fill in their 15-digit credit card number and the 4-digit card ID and submit.
- Once they submit the above-mentioned details, they will be redirected to the “Set Up” page, on which the individual can customize the kind of services they want to have access to through this online credit card net banking portal.
- On the third and the last page, they will need to go through the details again, confirm them, and submit them to finish the registration process.
Advantages Of Accessing American Express Credit Card Online
Gone are the days when one needed to run to the bank to fulfil the simplest and the most basic banking needs. Now, almost all kinds of banking needs can be attended to by sitting in the comforts of one’s home. Thanks to the introduction of net banking! From making payments to paying bills, net banking has transformed the way the world of banking works across the world. In fact, credit cardholders of American Express have access to an array of services on their net banking portal. Listed below are some of the major advantages that come along with the net banking facility:
Access to credit card information at any time of the day: American Express credit card net banking provides easy and quick access to their credit cardholders to all their card-related information.
Listed below are some of the services that they can have access to using the net banking facility:
- Total credit limit
- Outstanding balance
- Available cash and credit limit
- Unbilled and billed transactions
- Outstanding balance payment due date
- Reward points
Check credit card statements any time of the day: Although American Express sends credit card statements on a monthly basis to the registered postal address or email ID, in case of an emergency, the cardholder can access and download copies of their e-statement any time they want. On the net banking portal, the cardholder can view e-statement of up to the last 6 months with ease. All they need to do is select the dates and submit their query.
Pay credit card bills online: Once the cardholder registers their credit card on the net banking portal of American Express, they can pay their credit card bills online.
All they have to do is follow the steps listed below:
- Log on to www.americanexpress.com.
- On the homepage, they will need to select "Cards-My Account" from the drop-down menu and then enter their user ID and password.
- Once they log into their online banking account, they will have to go to “Registered Credit Card” and click on “Make Payment.”
- Next, they will need to enter the amount they want to pay and click on “Confirm.”
- Once they confirm, the payment is be processed.
How To Raise Queries And Requests Using The American Express Net Banking Portal?
Once an American Express credit cardholder registers their card for online banking on the portal, they will have access to most of the online banking services. They can raise requests and post queries using the net banking facility. Listed below are some of the credit card-requests that can be raised using the netbanking facility:
Blocking or Hotlisting of American Express Credit Card: In a situation wherein the cardholder loses or ends up damaging their card, they can raise a request to block the same using the bank's netbanking facility. They can do this as an alternative to calling the customer care to block the card.
Apply for conversion of credit card balance into EMIs through netbanking: Using the net banking facility, credit cardholders can raise a request to convert their outstanding balance into EMIs. They can mention the tenure that they want to avail while raising the request.
Change of American Express credit card PIN: Credit cardholders can use the net banking facility to change the PIN of their credit card. This is an easy and convenient process and saves a lot of time as well. Once a PIN change service request is raised on the portal, it is resolved immediately. To change the PIN of their credit card, the cardholders will need to follow the steps listed below:
- Click on the tab that says "Credit Cards."
- Next, they will need to click on "Credit card PIN."
- On selecting the option mentioned above, they will need to select, "Change credit card PIN."
- They will be asked to type in the existing PIN first and then the new PIN. After typing in the new PIN, they will need to retype it to confirm it.
- Once they hit the confirmation tab, their new PIN will be activated.
Check reward points: Cardholders can check the amount reward points they have earned on using the credit card at various payments counters and getaways by using the netbanking portal. They can also raise a query on how to redeem the accumulated reward points using the portal.
Faqs On American Express Credit Card Netbanking
- What are the modes of payment or money transfer available on my American Express net banking facility?
The netbanking facility of American Express includes the following money transfer or payment options:
Where can I find my unbilled credit card charges on the portal?
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
- Same bank transfer facility
To check your unbilled charges, you can click on the tab that says, "View Latest Transactions" on the "My Account Summary" page. You will be asked to select the period on which you would like to check the transactions. Once you select the period, you will be able to see the unbilled credit card charges.
Can I use the netbanking portal to locate the nearest American Express ATMs?
Yes, you can raise a request asking for a list of the nearest American Express ATMs in your city.
After a raising a request using the netbanking portal, will I receive an acknowledgement confirming that my request has been recorded?
Yes, you will receive a mail or a message, or both, on your registered email id and phone number acknowledging the request made by you.
Will the bank send me a notification once my query is resolved?
Yes, the bank will send you a written communication once the query or dispute is resolved.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.