American Express Gold Card Overview:
American Express Credit Cards and Charge Cards, also known as AMEX cards, are very popular with customers across India. These cards are known to offer a wide range of benefits and also come with comparatively lower interest rates. The process of applying for American Express Credit Cards and Charge Cards is also very simple.
The American Express Gold Card is a charge card that comes with intelligent features and offers benefits to the customers. When customers opt for this card, they have the opportunity to accelerate their earn rate, use the Points to redeem for Rewards from the specially curated Gold Collection and also provides access to other seasonal promotions.
American Express Gold Card Features:
- The card does not come with any preset credit limit and you can set your spending limit. There is no pre-set limit to your Amex Gold Care credit card. However, this does not mean that you can spend unlimited. It means that the charges are levied based on your spending pattern, credit history and account transaction details.
- You will get Two Supplementary Cards at no additional cost.
- With a quick dispute resolution service, customers will be able to settle card related disputes with merchants without any hassles.
- You will get two supplementary cards for free meaning no additional yearly fee will be charged for these cards.
- Enjoy Zero liability for lost cards and so you will not be responsible for any transactions made using a lost card.
- Get a replacement card on an emergency basis, in case your card is lost, stolen or damaged.
American Express Gold Card Benefits:
- If you swipe your card for a transaction of Rs.1000 or more for more than 4 times a month then you get to enjoy an additional 1000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points.
- When you renew your credit card for the first year, you get to earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points on payment of annual membership fee. These reward points are credited within 90 days of your card renewal.
- Use your Amex Gold Care card to avail discounts and benefits on hotel and airline bookings made via MakeMyTrip.
- Redeem your membership rewards against a huge collection of hand-picked rewards in the 24 carat and 18 carat Gold collections.
Eligibility and documentation:
The eligibility criteria for the American Express Gold Card are as follows:
The documents required for applying for this American Express card are as follows:
- The card is available to people aged 18 and above.
- The applicant should not have defaulted on payments.
- The applicant should have a good credit score.
- The card is available only to the residents of India.
- If self-employed: The applicant’s company should have been trading for more than 12 months
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Income documents and bank details
Fees and charges:
How to redeem the membership reward points?
- The fee for the 1st year is Rs 1000 (exclusive of taxes).
- From second year onwards, the fee is Rs 4500 (exclusive of taxes).
- As it is a charge card, there are no finance charges.
Redeem your membership reward points against items listed in the 24 carat and 18 carat gold collections. Alternatively, you can choose from over 600 hand-picked redemption options ranging across a host of new products and services. Use the option “Select and pay with points” to pay your credit card charges through points. Also, redeem your membership reward points instantly at a host of select online and offline merchants.
How to apply for the American Express Gold credit card?
In order to apply for this card, visit BankBazaar.com, click on ‘Credit Cards’ and then select this card. You can check the eligibility and also check other details about this card. You can then click on “Apply” and fill in your personal details to instantly apply for this card online.
American Express Gold Card FAQs:
- Will I earn membership reward points for all kinds of transactions?
You will earn membership reward points for all kinds of transactions except cash transactions, utilities, fuel and insurance payments.
- Can I get an additional supplementary card?
Two free supplementary cards come with each Amex Gold Care credit card. Issue of additional cards above the complimentary cards comes at an annual fee of Rs.1500 per card.
- What is the cash advance fee for this card?
The cash advance fee for all American Express cards is 3.5% of the transaction amount (minimum amount of Rs 250).
- What is the credit limit for the gold card?
The Amex Gold card does not come with a pre-set limit. The limit varies based on the spending habits, financials, credit records and account transaction history of the customer.
- Is there any cash withdrawal limit for this card?
Yes, there is a cash withdrawal limit of Rs 10,000 for every fortnight.