American Express Gold Card Overview
American Express Credit Cards and Charge Cards, also known as AMEX cards, are very popular with customers across India. These cards are known to offer a wide range of benefits and also come with comparatively lower interest rates. The process of applying for American Express Credit Cards and Charge Cards is also very simple.
The American Express Gold Card is a charge card that comes with intelligent features and offers benefits to the customers. When customers opt for this card, they have the opportunity to accelerate their earn rate, use the Points to redeem for Rewards from the specially curated Gold Collection and also provides access to other seasonal promotions.
American Express Gold Card Features and Benefits
- 4,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points, to be awarded on using the Card 3 times within the first 60 days of Card membership, upon payment of annual fee.
- Earn 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points for simply using your Card 4 times on transactions of Rs.1,000 and above every month.
- Get 3% cash back at leading fuel stations across India exclusively with your AMEX Card. Click here to register and to avail the offer and access the list of participating outlets.
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs.50 spent except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions.
- Earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points upon First Year Card Renewal, on payment of annual membership fee. Points to be credited within 90 days of Card renewal.
- Redeem from the fabulous 18 carat and 24 carat Gold Collection.
- Enjoy benefits on your travel bookings with MakeMyTrip.com.
- Flexibility in spending with "no pre-set" limit which means your charges are approved basis your spending pattern, financials, credit record and account history. Please note that 'no pre-set' limit does not mean your spending is unlimited.
Eligibility and documentation of American Express Gold Card
The eligibility criteria for the American Express Gold Card are as follows
- The card is available to people aged 18 and above.
- The applicant should not have defaulted on payments.
- The applicant should have a good credit score.
- The card is available only to the residents of India.
- If self-employed: The applicant’s company should have been trading for more than 12 months.
The documents required for applying for this American Express card are as follows:
- KYC documents such as PAN, ID Proof and Address Proof
- Form 16/ Salary slip
- 1 recent photograph
Fees and Charges of American Express Gold Card
- The fee for the 1st year is Rs 1000 (exclusive of taxes).
- From second year onwards, the fee is Rs 4500 (exclusive of taxes).
- As it is a charge card, there are no finance charges.
How to apply for the American Express Gold credit card?
In order to apply for this card, visit BankBazaar.com, click on ‘Credit Cards’ and then select this card. You can check the eligibility and also check other details about this card. You can then click on “Apply” and fill in your personal details to instantly apply for this card online.
How to Redeem the Membership Reward Points?
Redeem your membership reward points against items listed in the 24 carat and 18 carat gold collections. Alternatively, you can choose from over 600 hand-picked redemption options ranging across a host of new products and services. Use the option “Select and pay with points” to pay your credit card charges through points. Also, redeem your membership reward points instantly at a host of select online and offline merchants.
American Express Gold Card FAQs
- Will I earn membership reward points for all kinds of transactions?
You will earn membership reward points for all kinds of transactions except cash transactions, utilities, fuel and insurance payments.
- Can I get an additional supplementary card?
Two free supplementary cards come with each Amex Gold Care credit card. Issue of additional cards above the complimentary cards comes at an annual fee of Rs.1500 per card.
- What is the cash advance fee for this card?
The cash advance fee for all American Express cards is 3.5% of the transaction amount (minimum amount of Rs.250).
- What is the credit limit for the gold card?
The Amex Gold card does not come with a pre-set limit. The limit varies based on the spending habits, financials, credit records and account transaction history of the customer.
- Is there any cash withdrawal limit for this card?
Yes, there is a cash withdrawal limit of Rs 10,000 for every fortnight.