SBI Platinum Card Overview:
Our country has reached at that economic point where the corporate culture is catching up at a great pace and is almost there. This corporate culture in the banking and financing arena has been nothing short of a miracle that has led to the introduction of credit cards. The terms and conditions of credit cards are well-accepted and competitive schemes that showers the users with rebates and free gifts has only enticed the masses more and more to this credit card culture.
The new enticements are all part of credit card providers’ determinations to make credit cards the top go-to swipe choice for clients in light of recent RBI guidelines. Your SBI Platinum Credit Card sees to it that you are handsomely rewarded at every stage of your life.
Benefits of SBI Platinum Credit Card:
- When you sign up for this card, you get a welcome gift- coupon for INR.3000.
- You will earn reward points for spends in supermarkets, international travel, restaurants etc.
- You can gain entry to around 200 Golf Courses in the world as a complimentary gift.
- Gain free access to airport lounge using Priority Pass Program for little or nominal fees.
- SMS, Email alerts and monthly statements will make sure that you are informed of your card performance and transactions.
- If you spend more than five lakh rupees per year, you are entitled to get a free domestic air ticket (one-way).
- Use the card for more than one year and start the next year with an anniversary gift coupon worth INR. 3000.
- You can easily handle your SBI Card account using netbanking.
- Alerts to make sure that your utility bills are paid before the due date which will also fetch more reward points.
- There is also the Easy Money Facility. Request for a bank draft, which will be later debited to your SBI Card account.
Features of SBI Platinum Credit Card:
- An SBI Platinum Credit Card holder can earn up to 40,000 redeemable reward points in a year.
- Apart from premium lounge entry and golf club access, you can track your account anytime anywhere using your phone or online bank account.
- You can also access e-statements of every transaction done with your card.
- SBI Platinum Card provides you with a free Easy Bill Pay facility to make sure that you pay all your utility bills before due date. This will also fetch you more cash points.
- In case of theft or loss, the card will be instantly replaced if you report it to the 24*7 helpline.
Eligibility & Documentation:
- You should be an earning individual who should be above age 21 and less than 60.
- You must submit photocopies of your national ID card, income papers and address proofs.
How to apply:
Visit BankBazaar.com and browse through the SBI credit cards page. You have the option to either explore or check your eligibility for different cards. BankBazaar will give you a list of carefully chosen credit cards as per your needs. Click on “Apply” and type down your personal info to apply for the card immediately.
SBI Platinum Card Fees and Charges:
- One-time joining fee for the SBI Platinum Card is Rs. 2,999.
- Cardholders are charged an annual fee of Rs. 2,999 for every membership year.
- Cardholders also get an interest free credit period of 20 to 50 days which is applicable for retail purchases.
- The cash advance limit for SBI Platinum Card is 80% of the credit limit.
- Finance charges are up to 3.35% per month, starting from the date of withdrawal.
- The cash advance fee is 2.5% of the transaction amount or Rs.300 when the SBI Platinum card is used at domestic ATMs and 3% of the transaction amount at international ATMs.
SBI Platinum Card FAQs:
- What is the fee I should pay at the time of signing up for SBI Platinum credit card?
You need to pay INR. 2999 as joining fee.
- What is the annual renewal fee I should pay for my card?
It is INR. 2999, which you can be exempted from if you have enough points accumulated.
- Can I apply for a supplementary card?
You can apply for additional cards for your family members’ use (only if they are above age 18).
- What is Flexi Pay feature?
The card comes with a Flexi Pay feature that allows you to make big purchases beyond your current budget. It can be easily repaid via EMIs at quite a low interest scheduled at your convenience.
- Tell me more about the fuel surcharge benefits.
Cardholders can avail a 2.5 percent additional fuel surcharge rebate, not exceeding INR.250, for each fill between INR.500 & INR. 4000.