In today’s world having a credit card has almost become a necessity. As time has gone by banks have come up with different credit cards for the customers. And with so many credit cards to choose from, a potential credit cardholders is spoilt for choices. Though the credit card allows an individual to be financially confident, if not used judiciously it can work against the individual who uses it. However, with banks providing credit card users with the facility of credit card statement, a credit card holder can keep a tab on the purchases made through the credit card and ensure that the expenses do not go overboard. Having a tab on the expense incurred through credit card is necessary as it can have a big say on the credit score of the individual.
A credit card statement can be defined as the monthly assertion that records all the payments, expenditure, and other debit and credit payments made to one’s credit card account within a particular billing cycle.
Understanding Your Citibank Credit Card Statement
The credit card statement provided by Citibank is divided into eight different sections. All the details of every transaction carried out through the credit card is mentioned in the statement provided by the bank.
The different sections and sub-sections mentioned in the Citibank credit card statement are as follows:
- Details like name, email address and residence address of the cardholder is mentioned on the top left-hand corner of the statement
- Details such as payment due date, total dues pending, minimum amount due, credit limit, available credit limit and available cash limit are mentioned on the top right-hand corner of the statement
- The credit card statement also provides the card holders to see the details regarding opening balance, payments/credits, purchase/debits, finance charges and total dues under the tab of ‘Account Summary’
- The statement also highlights the past dues that the cardholder may have in his/her name. Under the section of Past Dues, the following sub-sections like overlimit, 3 months+, 2 months+, 1 month, current dues and minimum amount due would be included
- All the domestic transactions carried out courtesy the credit card would be also be provided in the credit card statement. This would include the date, transaction description and amount for which the Citibank credit card was used.
- A cardholder can also know the summary of reward points courtesy the statement provided by the bank. Under the summary, the opening balance, earned points, disbursed points, adjusted points and closing balance are mentioned so that the cardholder is aware of how and where the reward points were spent.
- Apart from all these, a credit card statement enables the cardholder to know about the offers that the available on his/her credit card as well other important information.
Mrs. Sharma enjoys cashback on all her retail purchases. You could too!Get A Card
How To Avail Citibank Credit Card Statement Online As Well Offline
Cardholders can request for online credit card statements using the the facility called ‘NetBanking’. Once this request is made the bank will send the credit card statements on the registered email ID and stop sending hard copies to the cardholder.
As for receiving credit card statements offline, the cardholder needs to visit the bank’s nearest branch and register themselves for the facility. Upon doing so, the bank will start sending the credit card statement of the previous billing cycle via post to the registered postal address.
How To Manage Errors In An Citibank Credit Card Statement
In case the holders of a Citibank credit card spot an expenditure that was not made by them, he/she must make bring it to the attention of their bank officials. Here, we have mentioned ways through which a citibank credit card holder can fix an error spotted in their credit card statement:
- Inform the Merchant: A Citibank credit card holder can talk to the merchant and inform about the discrepancy that was spotted in the statement. In case the merchant rectifies the mistake, the cardholders can sort the issue without needing to involve the officials of the bank. However, if the issue persists, the individual needs to raise the matter with the bank authorities.
- Keep your paperwork ready and updated: To support the cardholders claim against the erroneous transaction, the holder of Citibank credit card will need to keep a record of the receipts, credit card statement and any substantial document that would help them in proving that the transaction mentioned is not correct.
- Complain to the creditor’s: Another option that is available to the card holders is to send a letter to the creditor’s department outlining their objection and providing all the proof that is required to highlight the mistake in the statement. Doing so will force the department to carry out billing-related inquiries.
What Are The Benefits Of Signing Up For Online Citibank Credit Card Statement?
- The individual who registers for online credit card statements can save, print and archive the statements of 18 months for reference
- It is secure and never lost in mail as it is sent in a 128-bit encrypted and password protected format
- It is fast and convenient as the cardholder can view the statements at any time
- If the cardholder signs up for the online statements, he/she can login to Citibank online and generate an unmasked statement which can be used while filing tax papers
- One can also request for duplicate statement instantly in case of non-receipt of the statement courtesy Citibank online.
Faqs On Citibank Credit Card Statement
- can register for Citibank credit card statement?
Account holders of all current and savings account provided by Citibank can register for email credit card statement.
- How frequently can a cardholder receive credit card statements?
Customers who register for email statements can receive a monthly update for savings account. While those who have current accounts with Citibank can choose to get daily/weekly/monthly statements.
- How can one register for email statements?
Cardholders can register for email statements through the NetBanking facility of Citibank or by visiting the nearest branch of Citibank.
- Will the cardholder continue to receive hard copies of their credit card statements after opting for the online version?
No, once the cardholder registers for an email credit card statement, the bank will stop sending hard copies of credit card statements.
- Does the cardholder need to pay to avail the credit card statement via email?
No, a cardholder does not need to pay for availing credit card statements provided by Citibank.
Know More About Other Bank Credit Card Statement