Often, when people shift houses, they forget to update or change their address of correspondence on their bank’s portal. To ensure smooth flow of communication, it is important to update the address of correspondence each time it is changed. Cardholders can change the address of their SBI credit card online as well as offline. Let’s take a detailed look at the process.
Address change for SBI Cards can be done in two different methods:
- Through an online process
- Through an offline process
Online Process of Changing Address in SBI Credit Card
SBI credit card address change through online is an easy process. Cardholders need to follow the steps listed below for the same:
- Cardholders must first visit the official website of SBI Bank - sbicard.com.
- Then click on Login which is at top right side.
- Then login with your mobile number, user id or credit card details.
- Once you logged in then click on “My Profile”.
- Next, they should click on “Address.”
- This will lead them to a page where they can select the communication address they want to update.
- They need to fill in the details of their new address and click “Set As Communication Address.”
- Alternatively, cardholders can write an email using the id sbicard.com/email..
Offline Process of Changing the Address of Correspondence for SBI Cards
SBI credit card address change through offline methods is easy. There are three ways to go about it:
- Card Holders can visit the nearest branch of the SBI and submit a request in person with the bank’s representative.
- Cardholders can call the SBI credit card helpline numbers - 39020202 (prefix with local STD code) or 1860 180 1290 (toll free numbers).
- Cardholders can write to this address as well: SBI Card, Post office Bag 28, GPO, New Delhi-110001. Head office: SBI Card, Correspondence Department, DLF Infinity Towers, Tower C, 10-12 Floor, Block 2, Bldg 3, DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon – 122002, Haryana, India
SBI Credit Card Address Change form Download
Cardholders need to download the “Declaration of Current Residential Address by Individuals” form by logging into www.sbicard.com.
They would need to furnish the following details on the same:
- Current Residence Address
- Residence Phone Number
- Permanent Residence Address
- City of Permanent Residence Address
- Pincode of Permanent Residence Address
- Office Address
- City of Office Address
- Pincode of office address
Documents Required to Change Address in SBI Credit Card
According to the RBI guidelines in accordance to the Know Your Customer (KYC), it is compulsory for cardholders to submit their KYC documents to begin the process of changing the address of correspondence. The cardholder needs to submit self-attested copies of either their current residential address of permanent residential address. They will also need to submit a declaration form duly filled that can be downloaded from sbicard.com. Following is the list of documents that are accepted by the bank as a proof of address change:
|A copy of voter’s ID card
|A copy of passport
|A copy of Aadhaar card
|A copy of driver’s license
|Copy of a letter issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India containing the details of the name of the cardholder, address, and Aadhaar Number
|Certificate of service with a photograph will be reviewed as a valid KYC document (both ID proof as well as residence).
||For employees working in the defence
|ID card of employers with address details and photo will also be accepted as a valid residence and ID proof
||For employees working in the defence
|Certificate of service with a photograph will be reviewed as a valid KYC document (both ID proof as well as residence). The date of issue should be within 60 days from the processing date.
||For employees of SBI
|Bills for different utility services including electricity, landline, postpaid mobile, gas connection, and water bill). These bills should not be more than two months old.
|Municipal tax receipt or property
| Bank account or post office saving bank account statement valid only for last two month
|Pension or family pension payment orders (PPOs) issued to retired employees by government departments or public sector undertakings, if they contain the address
|Letter of allotment of accommodation from employer issued by State or Central Government departments, statutory or regulatory bodies, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, financial institutions and listed companies.
|Leave and license agreements with such employers as mentioned in point 15 above allotting official accommodation
|Documents issued by government departments of foreign jurisdictions and letter issued by Foreign Embassy or Mission in India.
Necessity of Changing Address in SBI Credit Card
In a situation where the cardholder is changing their address of correspondence, it is important to change or update this information on their portal. This will ensure seamless communication between the bank and the cardholder. Listed below are a few reasons why the cardholders should update or change their address of correspondence in case they shift to a new one:
- This will help the bank in getting in touch with them easily.
- Updating the new address of correspondence will ensure that all the necessary documents like account statements, etc, reach the cardholder through post on time.
- In case the bank decides to change banking terms and conditions, they will be able to reach the cardholder and update them about the same.
Process of Changing Phone Number or Email Id in SBI Credit Card
Cardholders can change their Email Id in the steps listed below:
- The first step is to login to SBI's official banking portal.
- Once there, the cardholder would need to enter their ID/ username and password.
- After logging in, they need to click on "My Account & Profile."
- Next, they would need to click on "Profile."
- Under, "Profile," the cardholder will get a list of options to choose. The one at the end of the list says, "Update Email ID."
- Once they click on that option, they can fill in the email id that they wish to update. After filling in the detail, they would need to click on the "Submit" tab.
- Clicking on "Submit" will take them to a new page that will give the cardholder the option to select their mode of approval from "SMS (OTP) Approval" and "Branch Approval."
- Once they select "SMS (OTP) Approval," they will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- The next step is to enter the OTP. Once they submit the same, their email will be updated immediately.
To Change their Phone Number, Cardholders will need to follow the steps listed below:
- Cardholders will need to log on to the official customer portal of SBI.
- Next, they will need to click on the "Profile" tab.
- Clicking on the "profile" tab will lead them to the "Personal Detail" tab. They need to click on that to enter their password.
- Once they enter their password, the screen will display their name, registered email id, and their mobile number that is registered with the bank.
- Cardholder can click on the hyperlink "Change Mobile Number -Domestic Only (Through OTP/ATM/Contact Centre)."
- They will be led to a new screen that will have the option called "Personal Details-Mobile Number Update" which will further have three different tabs- "Create Request," "Cancel Request" and "Status."
- The cardholder will now need to enter their "New Mobile Number" and click on the "Submit" tab.
- The cardholder will need to re-enter "New Mobile Number."
- Next, they will need click on the "Submit" option.
- Once that is done, a pop-up message will appear on the screen saying, "Verify and Confirm Your Mobile Number XXXXXXXXXX."
- Next step is to click on "OK."
- This will lead to a new page with the following modes of approval of change of the registered mobile number:
- Approval through contact centre.
- IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through an ATM.
- By sending an OTP on both the mentioned mobile numbers.
If the cardholder wants to change the registered mobile number by receiving an OTP on both the mobile numbers, they have to follow the steps listed below:
- Cardholders can click the tab against the option of 'By OTP on both the Mobile Number'.
- Next is to click on the 'Proceed' button.
- Next is to select the account by clicking the radio button, for which you possess the debit card.
- Next, the cardholder needs to click on the 'Proceed' button.
- This will lead the cardholder to a new screen with the ATM cards associated with the selected account will be displayed.
- Cardholders need to select the ATM card and click on the 'Proceed' button.
- In the next screen, the State Bank of India's Payment Gateway will be displayed.
- Cardholders would need to enter the card details (card number, valid through/expiry date, cardholder's Name, PIN and the characters visible in the box).
- Next, they will need to click on the 'Submit' button.
- Next, they will need to verify the information and click on the 'Pay' button.
- On successful validation, INB system will send OTP along with reference number on your old as well as new mobile number.
- The cardholder needs to send an SMS from both (new and old number) in following format ACTIVATE <8 digit OTP value> <13 digit reference number< to 567676 within 4 hours. ACTIVATE 12345678 UM12051500123
- Upon successful validation of the OTP value and reference number, the new mobile number entered by the cardholder will be copied in INB, CBS and ATM. A successful message in this regard will also be sent to the customer on their registered mobile number.
FAQs on Address Change for SBI Credit Cards
How can I update my address in SBI Credit Card Account?
Just Log on to sbicard.com> My profile > Address > Go to the address that you want to choose as communication address and click on “Set as communication address”. Alternatively, you can write us at sbicard.com/email or call us at our helpline.
Which KYC documents I need to submit to my contact details?
You need to submit Passport, Voter ID card, Driving License, Utility bill (only last two months bills accepted), Municipal tax receipt, Property tax receipt, Pension payment orders.
How long my international number would be valid in SBI Credit Card?
Your international mobile number will be valid with SBI credit card for a period of 90 days.
Can I set my official address as communication address?
Yes, you can set your official address as communication address.
How do I update or correct my name or date of birth on my credit card account?
You need to provide the self-attested copy of KYC documents in order to update or correct your name or date of birth on your credit card account. You can also call at the bank’s helpline to update your name and date of birth.
Can rent agreement be considered as the proof?
You may submit a rent agreement along with any one of the above-given documents as address proof.