A personal loan for special occasions such as a wedding can be a real saviour when you realise that your dream wedding is going to cost you more than what you expected, and you might face a shortage of funds. Even in cases where the wedding is of a family member or a friend, you do not want them to compromise on anything on their special day. Hence, many lenders have come up with personal loan offerings that are specially designed to meet the expenses associated with a wedding. These loans are also known as marriage loans or wedding loans and availing these loans are hassle-free, quick, and require very less documentation.
Perhaps, one of the biggest benefits that a personal loan offers is that you can avail it for any purpose without having to disclose to the lender where you are using the funds. Another benefit that a personal loan for wedding offers is that you do not have to provide any security to avail the loan.
Interest Rates Offered by Top Lenders on Wedding Loans
||16% to 24%
Top Lenders Offering Personal Loans for Wedding
– One of the top private banking firms in the country, ICICI Bank understands that a wedding needs to be special and hence, offers personal loans to meet expenses related to the wedding. The main features offered by marriage loan from ICICI Bank are given below:
- The loan application process is easy and can be done online.
- The documentation required is minimal.
- Can be used to fund wedding-related expenses such as decorations, booking the venue, etc.
- The wedding loan from ICICI can be availed through the iMobile app that can be downloaded on your smartphone.
– With more than 200 branches across India, Tata Capital caters to the financial needs of its customers and with its wedding loan offering, it turns their dream wedding into a reality. Some of the features offered by these loans are listed below:
- Loans in the range between Rs.75,000 and Rs.25 lakh can be availed from Tata Capital.
- The repayment tenure ranges between 12 months and 72 months.
- The marriage loan availed from Tata Capital can be repaid through online mode on its website or by dropping a cheque at the nearest branch.
- Tata Capital does not charge a fee on prepayment of the loan.
– To make your wedding or the wedding of your loved ones memorable, Indiabulls Dhani offers marriage loan to finance the expenses related to a wedding. The loan comes with attractive benefits some of which are given below:
- The repayment tenure on the Indiabulls Dhani wedding loan ranges between 3 months and 24 months.
- The loan application process is entirely digital allowing users to apply for the loan through the Dhani mobile app that can be downloaded on your smartphone.
- Applicants can avail a loan ranging between Rs.1,000 and Rs.15 lakh.
- The loan from Indiabulls Dhani is instantly approved and the loan disbursal happens in a few minutes.
- The personal loan for wedding is a very useful product for those who wish to make their wedding dream come true. The features of the wedding loan offered by Axis Bank are provided below:
- The loan amount that can be availed from Axis Bank ranges between Rs.50,000 and Rs.15 lakh.
- Applicants have a chance to earn Axis eDGE Rewards points on personal loans. The points can be redeemed to get some amazing offers.
- The repayment tenure on the personal loan for wedding from Axis Bank can be extended up to 5 years.
- To avail a marriage loan from Axis Bank, applicants should earn a minimum of Rs.15,000 per month.
- When it comes to a wedding, nothing should come in your way of making it memorable. Bajaj FinServ understands this, which is why they’ve got you covered by offering you marriage loans with the below-mentioned benefits:
- After the borrower submits the relevant documents and they are successfully verified, the loan will be disbursed to his/her account within 24 hours.
- Applicants can repay the marriage loan availed from Bajaj FinServ in flexible tenures ranging between 24 months and 60 months.
- Bajaj FinServ offers borrowers an option of prepayment on the wedding loans.
- Borrowers who wish to reap the benefits of up to 45% lower EMI can opt for the ‘Flexi Interest-only' loan of up to Rs.25 lakh.
Your eligibility for a personal loan for wedding will depend on various factors and this can vary for each applicant. The eligibility criteria may also vary from lender to lender, but the generic ones have been listed below:
Minimum age: To apply for a marriage loan, individuals should be aged at least 21 years. For some lenders, the minimum age required for a marriage loan is 23 years.
Maximum age: Salaried individuals interested in availing a marriage loan should not exceed 58 years of age, while self-employed applicants should not be aged more than 65 years of age.
Minimum Net Monthly Income: Generally, the minimum income requirement for wedding loans is Rs.15,000 but certain lenders may require it to be Rs.25,000. The current city, age, etc., of the applicant may also affect the minimum income criteria.
Employment type: Salaried, self-employed individuals, and professionals are eligible to avail marriage loans provided they meet the minimum income criteria.
Employment status: Applicants should have a steady source of income to avail wedding loans. Salaried individuals should have been employed for at least 2 years and at least one year with the current employer to avail marriage loans.
Credit score: Lenders prefer lending to applicants whose CIBIL score is above 700. Applicants having lower CIBIL scores may also manage to secure a marriage loan, but they may be charged a higher rate of interest.
Maximum Loan Amount: The maximum loan amount that can be availed as a marriage loan will vary from lender to lender and will be dependent on many other factors such as repayment capacity, income, CIBIL score, etc. However, the quantum of loans will range between Rs.5 lakh and Rs.20 lakh.
Different lenders will require you to submit different set of documents during the loan application process but the basic ones that most of them may require from applicants have been listed below:
Valid Proof of Identity: Applicants can submit any (or a combination) of the below-mentioned documents as a proof of identification when applying for a loan.
- Voters ID
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) Job Card
Valid Proof of Address: The below-given documents can serve as a proof of address for the wedding loan application.
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Water/Electricity/Telephone bill
- Rental Agreement
- Voter’s ID
Proof of Age: Applicants usually do not have to provide a separate proof of age as the documents submitted as ID proof and address proof will usually have the date of birth mentioned on them. However, if there is no mention of age on those documents, applicants can produce any of the below-given documents.
- School leaving certificate
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
For salaried individuals: Form 16 or latest salary slips or bank account statements showing the salary that is credited.
For self-employed individuals: IT returns for the last 2 years, P&L Account, and Balance Sheet, and latest bank statements of the primary account for the past 6 months.
Loan Application Form: Applicants will need to fill up the application for the marriage loan provided by the lender and submit it along with the above-mentioned documents. The form is also available for download from the lender’s website.
What category of loans does a marriage loan fall under?
Marriage loans are basically a type of personal loan. Think of your loan as a personal loan, but for the purpose of funding your marriage.
Does everyone get the same loan amount, interest rate and tenure since its a purpose-directed loan?
No, despite everyone takes the loan for a specific purpose, the loan amounts that get approved vary from one another and are dependent on a lot of factors.
What are the factors upon which the loan amount depends?
Your loan amount that eventually gets approved or denied, depends on your age, net monthly income, employment type (salaried, self-employed, salaried professionals), employment status (term of employment, employability, etc.), CIBIL credit score, existing EMIs being paid, and in general, your ability to repay.
What are the documents that the bank or NBFC will ask for?
The bank will require your proof of ID (with photograph), proof of address and proof of income along with a duly-filled and signed form and 2 passport-size photographs.
Do any major banks offer marriage loans?
Most major banks and NBFCs in India offer marriage loans, like Punjab National Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, Citibank, IDBI Bank, Kotak Mahindra, HDFC Bank, Bank of Baroda, Capital First, Tata Capital, Axis Bank among many more.