If you have an outstanding personal loan, you can always choose to transfer the balance to Citibank where you can benefit from low interest rates and longer repayment tenures. The representatives from the bank will help you transfer the balance from your current loan account to a Citibank personal loan account.
Citibank Personal Loan Balance Transfer Online
You can apply for balance transfer to Citibank through the official website of the bank. All you have to do is fill in a few simple details such as your occupation, monthly take-home salary, PAN, city of residence, mobile number, and full name. An executive from the bank will get in touch with you and let you know the process you will have to follow to transfer your personal loan balance.
Citibank Personal Loan Balance Transfer Options
You can transfer the balance from your current personal loan to a Citibank personal loan account in the following ways:
Citibank Personal Loan Balance Transfer Benefits
- You can avail an interest rate as low as 10.99% at Citibank. The bank will inform you about the prevailing interest rate when you sign the loan agreement.
- The bank offers flexible repayment tenures up to a maximum of 60 months.
- With a low interest rate and long tenure, you can pay low EMIs towards your loan.
- You can pay the EMIs through National Automated Clearing House (NACH) or Standing Instructions (SI) under Citibank.
- You can avail the online banking, mobile banking, and mobile alerts services from the bank.
- With Citibank, you need not submit address proof or income proof to find out eligibility.
- Once you transfer the balance and start availing services of the bank, you can get a top-up loan too.
Citibank Personal Loan Balance Transfer Eligibility
Once you submit your basic occupation, income and other details online, the representatives of the bank will get back to you and let you know if you are eligible for the loan.
Given below are some of the general eligibility requirements:
- You should be above 18 years and below about 65 years.
- You should have sufficient work experience which is usually 3 years for salaried individuals and 1 year for self-employed individuals.
- The bank will also set a specific income requirement depending on whether you are salaried or self-employed. The EMI payable is usually required to be less than 60% of your monthly income.
- A high credit score i.e. 700 and above.
Documents Required for Citibank Balance Transfer
- Proof of identity – PAN, Aadhaar, Driver’s Licence, Voter ID, etc.
- Proof of age – Passport, PAN, birth certificate, school leaving certificate, college certificate, tax return with DOB, etc.
- Proof of residence – PAN, Driver’s Licence, Utility bill, Lease deed/rent copy/property registration document, bank account statement, etc.
- Proof of occupation and income – Salary slips, Form 16, IT Returns, Balance Sheet, Audit Report, Bank statements, etc.
- Proof of work experience – Letter from the employer, previous pay slips, and so on.
- Proof of continuity of business in case of self-employed individuals – Ownership document, lease deed/rent copy, previous 3 years bank statements, utility bills, and tax returns.