Multiple banks. Different interest rates. Call it a "conflict of interest".
Multiple banks. Different interest rates. Call it a "conflict of interest".
  •  Loading your search... Loading your search...
  • South Indian Bank Flexi Loan is Rated as "Excellent!" by 2 Users

    Fees & Charges

    Promised Interest Rate

    Customer Service

    Responsiveness

    Personal Loan BYTES FROM OUR KITCHEN

    South Indian Bank Flexi Loan

    Loans are traditionally designed to be rigid, adhering to strict guidelines, which in turn translate to lengthy formalities and processes. A flexi loan offers flexibility and ease of use to customers, enabling them to borrow as per their discretion without having to worry about reapplying each time. South Indian Bank offers flexi loans designed for individuals who are on the move and are used to uncomplicated working conditions.

    What can this loan amount be used for?

    A flexi loan from South Indian Bank can be used for multiple purposes, provided it is not used to aid illegal activities, hoarding or speculation purposes. NRIs cannot use this loan to invest in agriculture, real estate or plantations. Any other legitimate financial requirement can be met using this loan.

    Who can avail a South Indian Bank Flexi Loan?

    The primary target group of South Indian Bank Flexi Loan are High net worth individuals, although anyone who is able to satisfy the basic criteria laid down by the bank can avail this loan. A joint or a single loan account can be maintained through this loan scheme.

    What is the loan amount which can be availed via Flexi Loan?

    The minimum loan amount which can be availed is Rs 2.50 lakh, with the upper limit decided by the bank based on individual applications and the collateral provided. A maximum of Rs 15 crore can be obtained against a prime urban/non-urban residential property.

    How is the loan amount disbursed?

    The loan amount is disbursed by crediting the SB/NRO account of a borrower.

    What are the eligibility criteria one should satisfy in order to avail this loan?

    Individuals who wish to avail this loan need to satisfy the following basic criteria.

    • Indian/NRI: An applicant should be an Indian citizen or a NRI.

    • Income: An individual should have sufficient funds to repay the loan. The salary should be such that the annual repayment requirements are less than 75% of his/her total annual income.

    • Security: The value of a collateral should be double the loan amount.

    What is the interest rate charged by South Indian Bank?

    Interest rates charged by South Indian Bank on its Flexi Loans depend on the base rate, which currently stands at 10% (as of November 2015). An additional interest of 3.8% is added to this base rate, taking the overall interest to 13.8% per annum.

    Note: Interest rates charged by South Indian Bank are at their sole discretion and subject to change without intimation.

    What is the repayment tenure for this loan?

    This loan can be repaid through flexible EMIs, with a minimum repayment tenure of 6 months and a maximum tenure of 10 years.

    What are the penal charges applicable on this loan?

    A penalty is charged on the amount defaulted during a particular duration. This fee is currently 2% per annum for the particular amount.

    How can one apply for this loan?

    Individuals who wish to apply for this loan can do so either online, through the official website of the bank or offline, by directly visiting any branch. They are required to fill in their basic information like name, address, contact number and account details (if they are existing account holders) and submit the relevant forms.

    South Indian Bank Flexi Loan Reviews

    • South Indian Bank Personal Loan
      "Happy with the service "
      0.5 5.0/5 "Blown Away!"
      The rate applied for the personal loan was around 13% for the south indian Bank. They generally dont process a personal loan but with manager recommendation I have got this loan.I have received a loan amount of 3lakhs and they have applied charges around 8000Rs in the loan.
      Was this review helpful? 0
      , chennai
      Reviewed on Jun 22, 2016
    • South Indian Bank Personal Loan
      "Good Rate of interest and Processing fees"
      0.5 4.0/5 "Great!"
      I have taken my personal loan from South Indian Bank. The services was average from them. But they offered me a good rate of interest. The rate was of 11.5%. The processing fees was initially .04% and later they waived off 50%. I got the fee of .02%.
      Was this review helpful? 2
      , thiruvananthapuram
      Reviewed on Aug 08, 2015
    Common Loader Icon
  • reTH65gcmBgCJ7k
    This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.