When opening a bank account with ICICI Bank, customers are offered a variety of debit cards that they can choose from based on their requirement. Using the debit card, customers can make withdrawals from ATMs, making purchases online on merchant establishment websites, earn reward points with every transaction, etc. For those using ICICI debit cards for the first time, they can follow steps mentioned below to generate the ATM/Debit card PIN, to make purchases online or at merchant establishments using their debit card. Now, customers are not required to activate their debit cards at ATMs only, they can do the same via their net banking account.
Steps to Generate ICICI Bank ATM/Debit Card PIN
First time users of ICICI debit cards can follow the steps mentioned below to generate ATM/debit card PIN:
- Login to your ICICI net banking account using your username and password.
- Click on “My card PIN”.
- Choose the 4-digit PIN for your debit card, enter it and click on “generate now”.
- Select the debit card you wish to generate the PIN from your list of debit cards.
- Enter the 3-digit CVV number. For those who do not know, the CVV number is placed on the back of your debit card, near the signature panel.
- Enter the grid values at the back of your card.
- Once this is done, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on “submit”.
- After this is done, confirm your new ATM/Debit card PIN.
How to Generate ICICI Bank Debit Card 3D Secure PIN
The 3D Secure PIN is a 6-digit numeric PIN that enhances the customer’s security when shopping online on merchant establishments. The 3D PIN is chosen by the customer and at no point should be shared with anyone. For first-time users, follow the steps mentioned below to generate a 3D Secure PIN.
- Visit the merchant establishment you wish to make a purchase from and select the products you wish to buy.
- Next, proceed to checkout.
- Enter your ICICI Bank debit card details and click on “submit”.
- Since this is you first time making an online transaction, you will be automatically redirected to the 3D Secure registration page.
- Choose either the OTP or ATM PIN option to reset your 3D Secure PIN.
- If you have chosen OTP, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Select mobile number and click on “submit”.
- Enter the OTP and enter the 3D Secure PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the 3D Secure PIN to confirm the PIN.
- Click on “submit”.
- Once you have done this, your 3D Secure PIN will be set and you can carry on shopping online.
- If you have chosen ATM PIN, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter your debit card number, date from when the debit card is valid, your date of birth and the ATM PIN.
- Click on “Register”.
- Next, enter the 3D Secure PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the 3D Secure PIN to confirm the PIN.
- Click on “Submit” to confirm.
- Once this is done, your 3D Secure PIN will be set and your can carry on making the purchase on the online merchant establishment.
Steps to Make a Transaction at Retail Outlets using Your ICICI Debit Card
First-time users can follow the steps mentioned below to make transactions using their ICICI debit card at retail outlets.
- As soon as you have billed the products at the retail outlet, the executive will swipe your debit card to make the payment for products.
- Verify the amount entered before entering your 4-digit PIN.
- Once that is done, enter your ATM PIN.
- If the PIN entered is correct, the transaction will be approved.
- Collect the charge slip as a proof of the transaction - just in case.
Steps to Make Online Transactions using Your ICICI Debit Card
- Visit the merchant establishment and select the products you wish to purchase.
- Once the selected products are in your cart, click on “proceed to checkout”.
- On the payment gateway page, enter your debit card number, CVV and the expiry date of your ICICI debit card.
- Now, your can either choose to make the payment using your ATM PIN or 3D Secure PIN.
- If you have chosen ATM PIN, enter the 4-digit PIN.
- If you have selected the 3D Secure PIN to make the payment, enter the 6-digit numeric PIN.
- Lastly, click on “submit” to confirm and make the payment for the purchase.
- As soon as this is done, you will receive an SMS alert that the transaction has taken place and the amount debited from your account. The balance in your account will also be displayed. Contact the bank if you have not made the transaction.
ICICI Bank Debit Card FAQs
- Will I be charged a fee for every transaction that I make either at a retail store or online using my ICICI Bank debit card?
- Can I use my ICICI Bank debit card to make International transactions or withdrawals?
- Will I be charged if I request for a replacement of my ICICI Bank debit card?
- 4. What should I do if my card is blocked for entering the wrong PIN?
- 5. I am making an online transaction and the merchant establishment website is requesting for a CVV number to finalise the payment. What and where is this CVV number?
No, you will not be charged a fee for transactions made at retail outlets or on online merchant establishments using your ICICI Bank debit card.
According to a mandate of the Reserve Bank of India, all debit cards that have been issued after 1 December 2017 are blocked for International transactions. However, customers can activate their debit card for international transactions just by calling the ICICI customer care from their registered mobile number. That said, all chip cards issued can be used for international transactions without having to call the ICICI Bank customer care.
You will be charged a fee of Rs.199 (Plus service tax) for a replacement ICICI Bank debit card.
If you have entered the wrong PIN thrice, as a security measure your card will be blocked by the bank. The card will be active automatically within 24 hours.
The CVV number is the 3-digit number at the back of your debit card near the signature panel. Enter the CVV number and confirm the payment.