Egypt is a pre-dominant Arab country located in northern Africa. It has been friends with India since olden times and Indian nationals frequently visit Egypt for business and tourism purposes. To visit Egypt for tourism purposes you need to get an approval for a tourist visa from the Egypt embassy in New Delhi or the consular office in Mumbai. Indian citizens cannot apply for a visa to Egypt online because India is not included in the list of countries whose nationals are eligible for an e-visa approval unless the number of people travelling in a group is large.
How To Apply For An Egyptian Visa
Since India is not included in the list of countries whose nationals can apply for an e-visa online through the official website, the only way an Indian citizen can apply for a visa whether it be tourist or business is offline. To apply offline, the application needs to be submitted to the embassy or the consulate. The unique thing about getting an approval for an Egyptian visa is that the applicant need not give an interview for it. Only if the applicant does not have any history of travelling abroad previously is he or she asked to attend an interview with the immigration officer for the same. The applicant can submit the application for the tourist visa to the embassy or the consulate (depends on the state in which you reside) between 9:30 am to 11:00 am. The applicant does not necessarily need to be present in person to submit the application for the visa. A relative or an agent with a valid authorization letter can also submit the application.
Types Of Egypt Visa
Tourist visa for Egypt
A tourist visa issued by the Egypt embassy or the consulate is valid for 90 days although a tourist in can stay in the northern African country only for a period of 30 days. The unique thing about getting an approval for a Egyptian tourist visa is that the applicant need not give an interview for it. Only if the applicant does not have any travel history previously is he or she asked to attend an interview with the immigration officer for the same. The applicant can submit the application for the tourist visa to the embassy or the consulate (depends on the state in which you reside) between 9:30 am to 11:00 am. The applicant does not necessarily need to be present in person to submit the application for the visa. A relative or an agent with a valid authorization letter can also submit the application. The documents required to get an approval for a tourist visa to Egypt are:
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- The visa application form
- The applicant’s income tax return for the past 3 years (not mandatory)
- A valid covering letter or a request letter to the consular
- Air tickets
- The applicant’s bank statement from the previous 6 months. The bank statement must be attested by a gazette officer from the bank and the account should have a minimum of Rs.50000.
- Xerox of the first and last page of the applicant’s passport as well as the original passport itself.
Business visa for Egypt
If the applicant is travelling to Egypt for business purposes, he or she needs to apply for a business visa. Like the tourist visa, the application form needs to be sent to the Egyptian embassy in Delhi or the consulate in Mumbai (as per the state you reside in). The documents required for an approval for a business visa to Egypt are:
- A valid passport that does not expire for at least 6 months from the date the visa holder intends to leave Egypt.
- Two copies of the visa application form
- Two passport size photos of the applicant with white and black background. The photo should not be older than 3 months.
- Booked air tickets
- A cover letter from the organization the visa holder will be representing in Egypt.
- An invitation letter from the business partners in Egypt. The letter should be faxed directly to the embassy or the consulate.
- A document that acts as proof for the applicant’s funds. It could either be the international credit card or foreign exchange endorsements.
- A document acting as proof of stay for the applicant in Egypt such as hotel bookings.
- The applicant’s income tax returns for the last 3 years.
Online E-Visa Egypt
The applicant willing to obtain an e-visa for Egypt can either do it before they depart from their home country or at any port of entry in Egypt itself. The list of countries that are eligible for an e-visa in Egypt are:
The applicant can access their e-visa for Egypt via email after they have received the approval for the same. The applicant has to carry at least one hard copy of the e-visa while entering Egypt. The e-visa issued by the Egyptian embassy is only valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue and the traveler can stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days from the date of entry. The e-visa applicant can request for an Egyptian e-visa depending on the number of visits to the country. The e-visa holder while in Egypt must follow all the rules and regulations of the African country.
Egypt Visa Fees
- For a single entry to the country, the cost of an e-visa is Rs.1675 plus service fee.
- For multiple entries to the country, the cost of an e-visa is Rs.4020 plus service fee.
- The normal visa fee for single entry into Egypt for a tourist visa costs about Rs.1900 and for multiple entry, the fee is Rs.2800.
- The normal visa fee for single entry into Egypt for a business visa costs Rs.2900 and for multiple entry, the fee is Rs.4000.
Tracking Visa Status
For Indian citizens, visa can be collected from the Egyptian embassy in New Delhi or the consulate in Mumbai from 3:00pm to 3:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
Centers for application of Egyptian visa in India
- Egyptian embassy in New Delhi: An Egyptian visa can be obtained from the embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in New Delhi. The address is 1/50 Niti Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Pin - 110021. The contact number is 022-26114006/4097. The embassy is open from Monday to Friday, 09:00 am to 04:00 pm. The visa application timings are from 09:30 am to 11:30 am and the visa collection timings are from 09:30 am to 03:00 pm.
- Consulate General of Arab Republic of Egypt: The address is 101 Benhur Apartments, 32 Narayan Dabholkar Road, Mumbai, Pin - 400006. The contact number for the consulate is 022-23676422/6386. The office is open from 09:30 am to 05:00 pm. For Delhi, J & K, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab, M.P., Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Kolkata and the North-eastern states, the visa collection time is from 09:30 am to 03:00 pm from Monday to Friday and the visa submission time is 09:30 am to 03:00 pm. For Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and the union territories of Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry , the visa application timings are 09:30 am to 01:00 pm and the visa collection timings are 02:00 pm to 02:30 pm.
Get Visa For Other Countries
- Spain Visa For Indian Citizens
- Bali Visa
- Oman Visa For Indians
- Maldives Visa
- South Africa Visa
- Poland Visa For Indians
- Brazil Visa
- Switzerland Visa
- Ireland Visa