Bali is an island and province located in the south-east Asian country of Indonesia. It is a tourist hotspot and more than 2 lakh Indians visited the island last year. There is a direct flight from India to Bali, Indonesia. An Indian citizen who is willing to travel to Bali must first get an approval for a visa from the Indonesian embassy. The three factors that determine the requirements for the type of Indonesian visa are:
- The country to which you belong
- Your reason for the visit
- The period for which you will stay in the country
Some of the things regarding passport and visa that every Indian citizen needs keep in mind while getting an approval for a visa to Bali are:
- The passport to be issued for the visit to Bali should have an expiry date at least 6 months from the date you reach the island.
- If you are travelling to Bali for less than 30 days then you do not need a visa.
Click Here: Indonesia Visa
Tourist/Social And Cultural Visit Visa
If a person is travelling for the purpose of tourism, he or she can apply for a tourist visa. There are three different types of tourist visas that can be availed. They are:
- Tourist visa for stay less than 30 days: As an Indian citizen if the person stays for less than 30 days, he or she does not require a visa. Instead at the immigration counter the applicant will receive a visa extension stamp that will track the number of days he or she stays in Bali. The good thing about the visa extension stamp is that it acts in the same way a normal visa does and is free of cost. The point to note here is that this tourist visa cannot be extended beyond 30 days.
- Tourist/Social and Cultural visa for stay between 30 and 60 days: There are two different visas that the applicant can apply for when he or she visit for a period of 30-60 days although the visit must be regarding tourism or social purposes. The two visas are:
- Visa on arrival: As an Indian citizen if the applicant wants to visit Indonesia for a period of 30-60 days, he or she needs to obtain a visa on arrival. Recently the Indonesian government has waived the fee for getting a visa on arrival but still some people pay the amount for visa. They do this so that they can extend the tourist visa from 30 days to a maximum of 60 days.
- Social and cultural visit visa: For social or a cultural visit to Bali, an Indian citizen needs to apply for a B-211 visa. The social/cultural visit visa is valid for a period of 60 days. The visa holder can extend the period for which the visa is valid as well although a sponsor letter is required for this.
- Staying for a period longer than 60 days: To stay for a period more than 60 days, the applicant has to apply for an extension through the Indonesian immigration services as the maximum period for which Indonesia issues a tourist visa is 60 days.
List of documents required for an Indonesian tourist visa
If an Indian citizen is travelling to Bali for strictly business purposes, then he or she has to apply for a business visa. The validity of an Indonesian business visa is for 14 days. The list of documents required for the business visa are:
If a person is travelling to Bali for the sole purpose of employment then he or she can obtain an employment visa. The documents required to get an approval for an employment visa are:
Indonesia visa centers in India
- The Indonesian embassy: The Indonesian Embassy is located in New Delhi. The address is 50-A Kautilya Marg, 110021, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, India. The contact numbers for the embassy are +91-11-2611-8642/8643/8645/8646/0694. The fax numbers are +91-22-2351-0941/5862 The email to contact the embassy is email@example.com
- The Indonesia consulate in Mumbai: The address of the Indonesian consulate in Mumbai is 19, Altamound road, Cumbala Hill, 400 026, Mumbai, India. The contact numbers for the consulate are +91-22-2351-1678/0940/0900. The fax numbers are +91-22-2351-0941/5862. The email contact for the consulate is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Indonesian consulate in Kolkata: The address of the Indonesian consulate in Kolkata is 4C White house, 119 Park Street, 70016, Kolkata, India. The contact numbers for the consulate are +91-33-2229-6557/6658/7519. The fax number is +91-33-2265-9023.
- The Indonesian consulate in Chennai: The address of the Indonesian consulate in Chennai is 3rd floor, Ispahani Center, 123/124, Nungambakkam, High road, 600034, Chennai, India. The contact number is +91-44-4208-9196. The fax number is +91-44-4208-9197. The email is email@example.com
- The Indonesian consulate in Madras: The address of the Indonesian consulate in Madras is 5, North Leith Castle Road, Santhome, 600028, Madras, India. The contact number is +91-44-234-1095. The fax number is +91-44-234-2582.
Get Visa For Other Countries
- Spain Visa For Indian Citizens
- Oman Visa For Indians
- Maldives Visa
- South Africa Visa
- Poland Visa For Indians
- Brazil Visa
- Switzerland Visa
- Egypt Visa
- Ireland Visa