- What is an e-Visa?
An e-Visa or electronic visa is issued for people who wish to enter India for tourism or short term travel purposes. People can avail this Visa easily and quickly.
- What is the difference between Indian e tourist Visa, ETA, Traditional Visa and Visa on Arrival?
Earlier, people had to go through a lengthy process to get an indian visa. A visa availed through this process is referred to as the traditional visa. This process requires a lot of paperwork, but it allows multiple entries and has a longer validity.
- I am travelling to India. Can I apply for a Visa on Arrival at the airport?
No, you cannot apply for a visa on arrival at the airport. You have to apply for it in advance and get it approved. If you are a tourist, you have to apply for an e tourist visa online. The visa approval process takes time, which is why applications cannot be made on the day of travel.
- Which airports in India accept Indian e tourist Visa?
The Indian e tourist Visa is accepted by airports located in Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Cochin, Goa, Mumbai, Kolkata and Trivandrum. If you are arriving at or departing from other ports, you will have to apply for a traditional Indian Visa.
- Is the Indian e tourist Visa valid for travel on cruises?
No, the Indian e tourist Visa is not valid for cruises as it can be stamped on the passports at specific airports only. If you plan to enter the country by sea, you need to get a traditional Visa stamped in your passport.
- What is the validity of e tourist visa?
- What the difference between multiple and single entries?
A multiple entry visa allows people to visit india more than once within the validity period. A single entry visa allows people to enter the country only once during the validity period. The e tourist visa is a single entry visa and the traditional visa is a multiple entry visa.
- What visa is best for people who wish to visit India 1 or more times in a year?
If you plan to visit india only 1 time, then you can apply for e tourist visa, which is a single entry visa but, if you plan to visit the country multiple times in a year, you should apply for a traditional visa. You can apply for a maximum of 2 e tourist visas in a year.
- Who is eligible to apply for an Indian e tourist visa?
People of 150 countries, which includes the us, are eligible to apply for an indian e tourist visa. Citizens of other countries who wish to visit the country for tourism or family visits purposes can apply for an e tourist visa. If you or your spouse, grandparents or parents were born in pakistan or were a pakistani citizen, then you will have to apply for a traditional visa only.
- Can people extend their e tourist visa or apply for a new one after entering India?
No, people cannot extend their e tourist visa or apply for a new one after entering India.
- How can people apply for an Indian Visa, if they are not eligible for e tourist visa?
If people are not eligible for e tourist visa, they can apply for the traditional Indian Visa.
- What documents do I need to apply for an e tourist visa?
To apply for an e tourist visa, you have to upload the following documents:
- Passport Copy (information page)
- Passport sized photograph.
- Application PDF.
- What to do after the eVisa has been received on the mail?
You will receive a mail after your e visa application has been approved. You have to print a copy of it and take it along with you when you visit India. It is advisable to print two copies of the e visa. Upon arrival at the airport, the authorities will take your biometric information and the Visa sticker will be pasted on your passport.
- If I cancel my e tourist visa application, will the fee be refunded to me?
- If the Indian Government does not approve my e tourist visa application, will they refund the Visa fee?
No, if the Indian Government does not approve your e tourist visa application, they will not refund the Visa fee as this fee is non-refundable.
- Is it safe to submit personal details online while applying for e tourist visa?
- How to apply for an Indian e tourist Visa?
It is very easy to apply for an Indian e tourist Visa. Before applying, ensure that you have all the required documents ready with you as you have to upload them. To apply for the e tourist Visa, you have to visit the online visa application website of the Indian Government and click on e tourist Visa. Provide the required information, upload the documents and submit your application. Once your application is approved, you will receive your e-Visa by email.
Citizens who wish to travel to india for travel or leisure purposes have to apply for a tourist visa online. It is also known as the e tourist visa or e tourist visa.
Initially, when the government of india introduced the electronic visa service, they had named it the electronic travel authority (eta). This was done because the visa sticker was stuck inside the passport of the traveller at the airport when they arrived in the country. The application form required for this process was called ‘visa on arrival’. At present, you have to apply for an indian visa and get it approved before you enter the country. The official name for the entire process is e tourist visa or e tourist visa.
The e tourist visa permits a single visit for a period of up to 30 days in the country. People can get a maximum of 2 online e tourist visa in a year.
No, if you cancel your e tourist visa application, the fee will not be refunded to you. The visa fees are non-refundable.
Yes, it is safe to submit personal details online while applying for e tourist visa as this information can be accessed only by the Indian Government for the purpose of making a decision regarding your Visa application.