Japan is popular for its natural beauty, gardens, temples, food, festivals, historical sites, theme parks, etc. The country is welcoming and many people from around the world travel to Japan every year for tourism purposes. Many Indians also visit Japan or wish to go on a tour to Japan. To go to Japan, Indians have to apply for a tourist visa or short term visa or Temporary visitor visa for sightseeing without guarantor.
A short term visa allows a stay period of up to 90 days for tourism purposes.
Indian nationals have to pay Rs.440 for a single entry or multiple entry visa. This fee may be changed at any time at the Japanese Immigration Department’s discretion. This fee will refunded in case the visa application is rejected by the Embassy.
- Valid passport. It should have over 2 blank pages. Submit old passports (if any).
- Copy of first and last pages of the passport.
- Visa application form. It must be fully filled and signed by the applicant.
- Cover letter that states the purpose of visit and day-wise details of the visit.
- 1 passport sized photograph. It should be 2x2 inches in size and should be clicked within the last 6 months. It should be a colored photograph with white background. The photo paper quality should be good.
- Travel tickets and itinerary (hotel booking, day-wise details).
- Last 6 months bank statement.
- Recent ITR (Income Tax Return).
- Employed applicants have to submit an employment certificate from his/her employer or NOC or proof of leave sanction. He/she also has to submit salary bank statement of last 6 months.
- Applicants who own a company have to submit ownership proof and bank statement of the company.
- Students or dependents have to submit consent of parents of spouse, original bank statement of last 6 months of spouse or parents and recent ITR of spouse or parents.
- If applicant has a dependent accompanying him/her to Japan, then proof of relationship has to be provided. Copy of passport, birth certificate or marriage certificate can be submitted in this case.
Apart from this the Japanese Embassy may ask some applicants to appear for an interview and submit additional documents.
Visa Processing Time:
The Japanese Embassy will take a minimum of 3 working days to process the visa application, starting from the date of submission.
Applicants can download the form online from the website of the Japanese Embassy.
To apply for a Japanese tourist visa, Indian applicants have to first download the visa application form online from the website of the Japanese Embassy. They have to fill the application form and sign it. They have to attach all the required documents. They have to take this form along with the documents and visa fees to the visa application centre and submit them. Applicants can apply for a tourist visa to Japan through the help of Vfsglobal or CKGS.
|Embassy of Japan, New Delhi||Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Lakshadweep, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Punjab|
|Consulate-General of Japan in Chennai||Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Puducherry|
|Consulate-General of Japan in Kolkata||Orissa, Bihar, West Bengal and Jharkhand|
|Consulate-General of Japan in Mumbai||Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Daman & Diu|
|Consulate-General of Japan in Bengaluru||Karnataka|
Applicants can check their visa application status online on the website of Vfsglobal by entering their Reference Number and Birth Date.