A Singapore Tourist Visa permits individuals from other countries to visit and explore Singapore. This visa can be used for tourism purposes only.
How To Apply For Singapore Tourist Visa?
You can apply for a Singapore e-visa online. You can either take the help of a local contact in Singapore or an authorized visa agent to apply for the tourist visa. You can also download the form online for free from the website of ICA, Singapore, and submit it to any authorized visa agent. If you are applying through a local contact in Singapore, you have to ensure that your contact is at least 21 years old and has a SingPass account.
Once the visa application is approved, you can print your e-visa.
Singapore Tourist Visa Fees
The fee for issuing a Singapore visa is S$30. Apart from this, the authorized visa agent may charge you a service fee.
Disclaimer: The fees and charges can be changed at the discretion of the ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority), Singapore.
Singapore Tourist Visa Processing Time
It may take 1 working day for the High Commission of Singapore to process your tourist visa application. This 1 working day does not include the date of submission of application, public holidays and weekends. Sometimes it may take the High Commission more than 1 day to process your application.
Singapore Tourist Visa Requirements
You need the following documents to apply for a Singapore tourist visa:
- Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- Confirmed air tickets (tickets to Singapore and return) that contain the itinerary of the trip.
- Recent passport-sized photographs (2 photos). These photos should:
- Be 35mm x 45mm in size.
- Be a color photo with a plain white background and no borders.
- Have matt or semi-matt finish.
- Show the full face of the applicant with no head gear. If the applicant is wearing a headgear because of racial or religious reasons, the photo will be accepted provided the headgear does not cover his/her facial features.
- Bank Statement that displays previous 6 months transactions that has been duly attested by the bank.
- Income Tax Return copy for the previous 3 years.
- Copy of pay slip (if applicable).
- Proof of residence.
- No objection letter by parents (required if a minor child is travelling).
- Official translation of documents that are not in English.
- A letter to the Embassy of Singapore that mentions the travel dates.
- A leave letter from the applicant’s company.
If needed, the High Commission may ask you to submit additional documents.
Singapore Tourist Visa Validity Period
Singapore tourist visa has a validity for a period of up to 2 years, but it allows individuals to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days. It is a multiple entry visa, which means you can travel to the country more than once during the validity period without having to reapply for the visa.
Singapore Tourist Visa Status Check
It is very easy to check the status of Singapore tourist visa application. You can do so online on the website of ICA. To check, you have to open the website of ICA and click on ‘Visa(SAVE)’. You will be directed to another page where you have to click on ‘Status Enquiry’ and enter your Travel Document Number and Application Reference Number. If your application has been approved, you can click on ‘Proceed’ to print a copy of your e-visa.