If you are an Indian citizen who wants to visit Singapore, you require a Singapore visa. This visa will grant you entry in Singapore for a specific period of time. Indians who have diplomatic or official passports do not need a visa to enter Singapore.
How To Apply For Singapore Visa From India?
Indians can apply for a Singapore visa online using the e-Visa application system. The High Commission of Singapore in India does not accept any walk-in applications. All the visa applications have to be submitted online. Applicants have to fill up Form 14 A to apply for a visa. This form is available for free on the website of ICA. The applicants can submit their applications through any authorized agent as well.
Apart from this, a local contact of yours in Singapore can apply for a visa online on behalf of you via SAVE (Submission of Application for Visa Electronically). To apply, your contact will have to use their SingPass account.
Once your visa application is approved, you can print the e-visa.
Documents Required For Singapore Visa In India
- Form 14 A (Completed).
- Valid Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- Recent passport-sized photograph (2 photos).
- Applicants have to submit colour photos that are 35 mm wide and 45 mm high and do not have any borders.
- The full face of the applicant should be visible in the photo and the facial image (chin to crown) should be between 25 mm and 35 mm.
- The person in the photo should not wear any headgear unless he/she wears it because of racial or religious reasons. In this case the headgear should not cover the features of the applicant’s face.
- The photos should be clicked against a plain white background.
- The photos should have either a matt or a semi-matt finish.
- Unclear or scanned photos will be rejected.
- Other relevant documents such as LOI (Letter of Introduction), Letter of Guarantee from Shipping Agent, In-Principal Approval Letter, Residential Proof, Employment Letter, Company Invitation Letter, etc.
- All the documents that are in Hindi have to be translated in English.
Singapore Visa For Indians Fees
The fee for applying for a Singapore visa is S$30. This fee has to be paid at the time of application. For making the payment online, you need to have a MasterCard or Visa Credit or Debit Card. This fee is non-refundable in nature.
Apart from the visa fee, the authorized visa agents may ask you to pay a service charge of Rs.300.
Disclaimer – The fees and charges can be changed at the discretion of the Singapore ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority).
Singapore Visa Application Status India
Applicants can check the status of their Singapore visa application online. To do so, they have to visit the website of ICA and click on ‘Visa(SAVE)’. On the next page, they have to click on ‘Status Enquiry’ and enter their Application Reference Number and Travel Document Number.
If their application is approved by the ICA, they can click on ‘Proceed’ to avail a copy of their e-Visa.
Singapore Visa Validity For Indian
The validity of a Singapore visa can be different and is dependent on the type of visa the applicant is applying for. Once the validity period is over, the visa holder will have to return back to India or apply for an extension. If you apply for an extension of your visa, you will have to pay fees for the same.
- What do I do if I lose my e-visa copy?
In case you lose your copy of e-Visa, you can print a new copy by following the same steps for tracking the status of visa application. You can also contact your authorized visa agent to get a new copy.
- Does a Singapore visa guarantee entry in the country?
No, a Singapore visa does not guarantee entry in the country. You also need to fulfil the other requirements. For example – You need to have a valid passport, confirmed return air ticket and you have to provide proof that you have enough funds that will last during your stay in Singapore.
- Can I apply for a Singapore visa in person at the office of the High Commission of Singapore?
No, you cannot apply for a Singapore visa in person at the office of the High Commission of Singapore.
- By when do I apply for a Singapore Visa?
You should apply for a Singapore Visa at least a month before your trip.
- How much time will it take to process my Singapore visa application?
Your Singapore visa application will be processed within a period of 1 working day after you submit it to the authorized visa agent. This one working day does not include the submission date, public holidays and weekends.
News About Singapore Visa for Indians
Clampdown of Singapore Visa seen as a problem for IT companies in India
H1-B regime has been tightened and lately there has been a lot of spotlight on it. According to R. Chandrashekhar, President of Nasscom, the visa issue is not going to be the deciding factor for the growth of IT industries. He agrees that messages and signals from the US are not extremely welcoming or positive. But he added that there has not been too many regulatory or legislative changes in the framework.
He mentioned that the Singapore visa issue is a stronger barrier at present. New visa issuance has been shut down completely. Indian techies in Singapore stands at less than 10,000 now which can impact the chasing of future deals.
27th April 2017
Travel across Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore with just one visa
The Prime Minister of Malaysia, Abdul Razak has recently announced few changes to the policy of visa for Indians visiting Malaysia and the neighboring countries. The Indian tourists can now take advantage of the multiple-entry e-visa. The visa fee has been waived off to boost tourism and cultural growth. Additionally, the online visa application will be approved within 48 hours. Malaysia will be the gateway for Indian tourists who wish to travel to Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore with an e-visa. In the announcement, the PM of Malaysia expressed the need for such initiatives is essential to strengthen the economy of the nation.
5th April 2017