Travelling to new places and exploring the culture and cuisine of that place offers you the opportunity to make life better and happier in several ways. So, it is imperative that you take some time out of your busy schedule and embark on a vacation as and when you can.
When we talk of taking a vacation, travelling abroad is the first thing that comes to mind. However, the expense associated with it and the long visa formalities makes you rethink whether the trip is worth it.
However, there are certain countries in the world which enable tourists to visit them visa free. While these countries may not be quite popular, they offer tourists a lot of opportunities for adventure and recreation.
Let’s look at the countries which can be visited visa free by Indian citizens in 2021 as listed in the Global Passport Index:
|Palestinian Territories||Qatar||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Senegal||Serbia||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Tunisia||Vanuatu|
List of Visa Free Countries with Indian Passport
- Bhutan: Officially known as the Kingdom of Bhutan, the country is in the eastern Himalayas and is a landlocked one. It is the second least populous country in South Asia after the Maldives. Indian citizens can stay in the country without a visa for a period of 14 days. During the period of stay in the country, you can indulge yourself in mountain adventure trekking and hiking. The Jhomolhari Base Camp trek, Masagang trek, and Snowman Trek are some of the popular treks that one can go on when visiting the country. Apart from these, Bhutan has as many as eight declared tentative sites for UNESCO inclusion which can be visited. They include the Ancient Ruin of Drukgyel Dzong, scared sites associated with Phajo Drugom Zhigpo and his descendants, Tamzhing monastery etc.
- Dominica: The Commonwealth of Dominica, an island country in the West Indies also enables Indian tourists to visit the country without a visa. Those who visit the country can stay there for a period of 180 days or 6 months and enjoy the mountains, rainforests, freshwater lakes, waterfalls, hot springs, beaches and diving spots. The country is an attractive eco-tourism destination.
- Ecuador:Ecuador is one among visa free countries for Indians. The authorities allow them to stay in the country for a period of 90 days without a visa. Officially known as the Republic of Ecuador, the country is in northwestern South America and offers tourists a host of activities to indulge in. The country has two cities with UNESCO world heritage sites and two natural UNESCO world heritage sites. The main tourist attractions in the country include – the Galapagos Islands, Historic centre of Quito, Illinizas volcano, Salinas beach etc.
- El Salvador: The Republic of El Salvador is the smallest and the most densely populated country in Central America. The country allows Indian tourists to visit the country without a visa and stay in the country for a duration of 90 days. When it comes to tourism, the landscape is slightly different from those of other Central American countries. Surfing in a natural tourism in Ecuador because of the famous coastal beaches. Other attractions in the country are – San Ignacio, Santa Ana, Playa Las Flores in San Miguel among others.
- Fiji: Officially known as the Republic of Fiji, Fiji is an island country in Melanesia, part of Oceania in the South Pacific Ocean. The country is visa free for Indian citizens. As part of that arrangements, you can stay in the country for a period of 120 days. The main attractions to tourists in Fiji are the sandy white beaches and the aesthetically pleasing islands. Scuba diving is a common tourist activity in Fiji, and it has a significant number of soft coral reefs.
- Grenada: Grenada, another country in the West Indies also allows Indian tourists to visit the country visa-free. They can stay in the country for a period of up to 90 days without needing a visa. Tourism is the leading foreign exchange earner for Grenada. Conventional beach and water-sports tourism is largely focused in the southwest region around St. George. Eco-tourism is also growing in the country. The country has many idyllic beaches, waterfalls, natural and historical places which can be visited during your stay.
- Haiti: Haiti can be visited by Indian tourists without needing to avail a visa. They can remain in the country for a period of 90 days. Officially known as the Republic of Haiti, the country is located on the island of Hispaniola, east of Cuba in the Greater Antilles archipelago of the Caribbean Sea. The country gets most of its tourists from cruise ships. Tourist destinations in Haiti which can be visited include Ile-a-Vache, Camp-Perrin, and Pic Macaya.
- Indonesia: Indonesia, a country located in Southeast Asia is the world’s largest island country. The country can be visited by Indian tourists without a visa and stay there for a period of 30 days. When it comes to tourism, nature and culture are major attractions in the country. Tropical climate, vast archipelago, long stretch of beaches, and rich cultural heritage reflects Indonesia’s dynamic history and ethnic diversity. The South Asian country has eight UNESCO world heritage sites while 19 more are on the tentative list. It needs to be mentioned here that the ancient Prambanan and Borobudur temples, Toraja and Bali are some of the popular destinations for cultural tourism in Indonesia.
- Jamaica:Jamaica is another visa free country for Indians. Jamaica, the third largest island of the Greater Antilles and the fourth largest island country in the Caribbean. Top tourist attractions in the country include Dunn’s River Falls in St. Ann, YS Falls in St. Elizabeth, and the Blue Lagoon in Portland. The climate of the country is tropical and hence supports diverse ecosystems.
- Macao: Officially known as the Macao Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, the autonomous territory can be visited by Indian tourists without availing a visa. The authorities allow Indian citizens to stay in the country for a period of 30 days visa-free. The country preserves many historical properties in the urban area which can be visited during theie stay in the country.
- Mauritius: An Indian national can stay in Mauritius for a period up to 90 days without a visa. The island nation in the Indian ocean enjoys a tropical climate with clear warm sea waters, beaches, and tropical fauna and flora. It is complemented by a multi-ethnic and cultural population.
- Micronesia: A subregion of Oceania that is composed of thousands of small islands in the Western Pacific Ocean can be travelled to without a visa if you are an Indian national. The authorities allow them to stay in the country for a period of 30 days without the visa. The cuisine of the country is tropical in nature while the artistic tradition of the country was developed from the Lapita culture.
- Nepal: Nepal, the neighbouring country of India can also be visited without a visa by Indian citizens. A landlocked country, located in the Himalayas offer tourists the opportunity for zip flying, trekking, skydiving, bird watching and shopping. The country officially known as the ‘Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal’ is also known for its monasteries.
- Palestinian Territories: Palestinian territories is used to describe the territories occupied by Israel since 1967. The west bank including East Jerusalem and the Gaza strip fall under this territory which can be visited by Indian citizens without availing a visa. Tourists can visit sites like East Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Church of the Nativity, Solomon’s Pools, Salesian Cremisan Monastery, Ramallah, Hebron, Jenin etc. when visiting the Palestinian territory.
- Qatar: Qatar, a country located in Western Asia also allows Indian citizens to visit the country visa-free. Indian nationals are permitted to stay in the country for a period of up to 30 days without the visa. The culture of the country is like other countries in Eastern Arabia and is significantly influenced by Islam. When in the country, make it a point to visit the museum of Islamic Art, which is regarded as one of the best museums in the region along with other Qatari museums.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis: Indian tourists can visit Saint Kitts and Nevis without a visa and stay there for a period of 90 days. Also known as the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis, the island nation in the West Indies is the smallest sovereign state in the Western Hemisphere. The country is known for its cloud-shrouded mountains and beaches. Scuba diving and snorkeling are quite popular among the tourists visiting the country.
- Senegal: Republic of Senegal, a country located in West Africa allows Indian tourists to visit the country without needing a visa. An individual from India is permitted to stay in the African country for a period of up to 90 days visa free. The country has a rich French colonial heritage and a lot of natural attractions. The country is known for its nightlife, which is centered on native mbalax music.
- Serbia: Serbian authorities allow Indian nationals to visit the country visa-free and stay there for a period of 30 days. The country situated at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe has a diverse range of touristic products. Tourism in the country is mainly focused on the mountains and spas of the country. Christian pilgrimage to many orthodox monasteries across the country and river cruising is also popular among tourists.
- St. Vincent and Grenadines: St. Vincent and Grenadines, a country located in the Lesser Antilles island arc enables tourists from India to visit the nation without a visa for a period of up to 30 days. The country is known for its 18th century botanical gardens, French and British built Fort Charlotte which offers far reaching views from its clifftop perch and the black sand beaches.
- Trinidad and Tobago: Officially known as the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the twin island country is the southernmost nation of the West Indies in the Caribbean. Indian tourists can visit the country visa free with the authorities allowing them to stay in the country for a period of 90 days. Beaches and ridge forest reserves make a trip to the nation worthwhile.
- Tunisia: Tunisia, a country located in the Maghreb region of North Africa also allows Indian citizens to visit the country without availing a visa. The ones visiting the country can stay there for a period of 90 days. During their stay, individuals can visit the ancient ruins of Carthage, the coastal resorts outside of Monastir, the Muslim and Jewish quarters of Jerba, and the cosmopolitan capital of Tunis.
- Vanuatu: The authorities of Vanuatu allows Indian nationals to visit the country and stay there for a period of up to 30 days without a visa. The country which is a South Pacific Ocean nation is made of 80 islands and allows scuba diving at coral reefs, underwater caverns and wrecks such as the World War II era troopship SS President Coolidge.