In order to get the H1B Visa stamped on a passport the foreign professional will need to show that the petition filed for the visa was approved. Once the petition is approved a H1B visa interview will need to be scheduled. The interview may be scheduled at the closest US embassy or consulate. The process of stamping the H1B visa on a passport is implemented in the following order:
The H1B Visa photograph will need to meet the following requirements:
- The digital photograph should be square.
- Dimensions – Minimum 600 pixels by 600 pixels, Maximum 1200 pixels by 1200 pixels.
- The photograph must be in color.
- The photograph should be in JPEG format.
- The size of the file should not exceed 240 kilobytes.
- Form DS160 will need to be completed online on the website of the US Department of State.
- A confirmation form with a 10-digit barcode will appear once Form DS160 has been successfully filled. The applicant should print the confirmation form for future reference, this form will also be required during the visa interview.
Scheduling An Appointment And Payment For Application
After completing the payment of the fees associated with the H1B visa, the applicant will need to schedule two interviews. The first will be with the Offsite Facilitation Centre and the other will be with the consulate or embassy. The Visa Application Centre required the applicant to schedule an appointment a minimum of two days before the interview with the consulate. The Visa Application Centre will collect the biometric information of the applicant. The fees associated with the H1B visa can be cleared electronically. The payment, once made, is only valid for a year, therefore, the applicant should schedule an appointment for an interview within that time.
The applicant will need to go to the indicated office for the visa interview. He/she will need to present the following documents:
- Expired and current passports.
- Digital photograph of the applicant
- Form DS160 visa application conformation page with Visa Application Centre stamp
- Receipt of visa application
- All documents related to the petition
- The appointment letter
- Supplementary documentation