The UK visa status can be easily checked or tracked online if one has his or her passport number or a visa reference number. Applicants who submit their visa applications to the respective Home Offices face a common issue of “long waiting time.” But at times, even a quick online search can return some frustrating results.
The reports vary from one applicant to the other, especially for the applicants who have received their confirmation within a few weeks. At times, this can even take months. Fortunately, the government has trailed an advanced system to help check the UK visa application status online. This is available on the official UK Government website.
How To Check For UK Visa Status Online
Here is a step-by-step guide for tracking the status of the UK visa online.
Step 1: Go to the link https://iasservices.org.uk/track-uk-visa-status/.
Step 2: One will require any one of the following details handy:
- Case ID or Case Identification Number: This information is available on all the letters that are received from the Home Office. It is an 8-digit number. However, if the case ID starts with the number zero, then it can be omitted. Type the numbers following zero in the status form.
- Unique Application Number (UAN): This is a 16-digit number, which is available on all the emails and letters that an applicant receives from the Home Office.
- Payment Reference Number (PRN): Once the payment is made, the applicant receives a Payment Reference Number, which can be used for tracking the visa application.
- Biometric Resident Permit Number (BRPN): This information is a combination of numbers and letters, which is found on the biometric resident permit number.
- Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) Number: This number is received only when the applicant pays an NHS Immigration Health Surcharge Number at the time of application processing. It is a combination of letters and numbers of the format IHS013256748.
Step 3: With the help of the above details, an applicant can enter and track the status of his or her application.
How to quicken the UK visa status?
If an applicant has used the forms given below, he or she can obtain a decision for the UK visa within 4-5 working days.
- SET (F)
- SET (AF)
- SET (M)
- SET (LR)
An applicant has to download and complete the requests as well as the payment forms at the Home Office. Make a note that only 5 requests are processed per day, which is accepted between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. The fee for this speed service if 490 EUR per person including the application fee.
Is there a facility to track the visa application through SMS for Indian applicants?
The Visa Facilitation Services (VFS) are the most reputed and outsourcing partner for the British High Commission’s Visa Department. Conjointly they announced that have a feature to track UK visa application’s status via SMS.
An applicant just has to send an SMS (Short Message Service) to the number – 7333 from his or her mobile phone. This service is available for all Indian network service providers both on CDMA and GSM platforms.
The content of the message is as follows:
VISA –space- UK – space- Your Passport Number.
How to use a GWF number for tracking the UK visa application?
While telephoning the UK service center or emailing them, give your GWF number. If you are wondering what a GWF number is, then know that it is a unique application number, which is given to the applicant at the time of submission.
Without a GWF number, the UK visa and Immigration department cannot give you an update on your visa status.
How to contact the UK visa and immigration department?
Phone: The telephone number is +44 2034811736, which is accessible from Monday to Friday for 24 hours. The call costs £1.37 for a minute with other international call costs.
Email: Any inquiry via email costs £5.48 but follow-up emails aren’t charged.
How long do they take to respond?
If its email, they the UK Immigration Department takes at least 2 days to respond. However, phone services are rather better than email.