Officially known as the ‘Republic of the Philippines’, the Philippines is a country in Southeast Asia. The country is situated in the western Pacific ocean and is made up of about 7,641 islands, which are broadly categorized under three geographical divisions namely - Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
The country, which is abundant with natural resources, has some of the world’s greatest biodiversity. Given this, the country is one of the ten most biologically megadiverse countries. The beaches, islands, rainforests, mountains, and diving spots are the most popular tourists' destinations in the country.
If you want to witness the beautiful landscape of the Philippines, you would be needed to avail a Philippine visa. Here, we take a detailed look at the Philippine visa.
Philippines Visa Fees
If a Philippine Visa is applied for, the fees for processing and issuance of the visa application that is needed to be paid are mentioned in the table below:
|Types of Philippines Visa||Amount|
|Single Entry valid for 3 months (Restricted Nationals)||Rs.3,160|
|Single Entry valid for 3 months (Other Nationals)||Rs.2,370|
|Multiple Entry Valid for 6 months (Restricted Nationals)||Rs.6,320|
|Multiple Entry Valid for 6 months (Other Nationals)||Rs.4,740|
|Multiple Entry Valid for 1 year (Restricted Nationals)||Rs.9,480|
|Multiple Entry Valid for 1 year (Other Nationals)||Rs.7,110|
|Transit Visa ( Restricted Nationals)||Rs.3,160|
|Transit Visa (Other Nationals)||Rs.1,580|
|Pre-Arranged Employment Visa||Rs.31,600|
|Special Non-Immigrant Visa||Rs.31,600|
Types of Philippines Visa
The Philippines issues different types of visa to applicants. The types of visa which can be applied for are mentioned below:
- Tourist Visa
- Religious Visa
- Business Visa
- Transit Visa
- Diplomatic Visa
- Student Visa
- Pre-Arranged Employment Visa
- Special Non-Immigrant Visa
- Temporary Visitor’s Visa with a pending application for a working visa or dependents visa.
Requirements for Philippines Visa
The basic requirements that you need to fulfil in order to apply for a Philippine visa are listed below:
- The visa application form must be filled up fully and legibly completed in English.
- One passport size photograph.
- Bank statements for the last six months duly stamped and signed by a bank officer.
- The original passport that has a validity of at least six months.
- Photocopy of the data and amendment pages in the passport.
- ‘Demand Draft’ drawn from any bank having a branch in New Delhi which is payable to ‘Embassy of the Philippines’.
Note: It needs to be mentioned that additional documents may be needed to be submitted. Refer to the official website of the ‘Embassy of the Philippines’ in India to know more.
How to apply for Philippines Visa?
If you wish to apply for a Philippine visa, it can be done in the ways mentioned below:
- In person
- Through a travel agency
- Apply from other countries
To apply for a Philippine visa in person, you need to visit the authorities present at the consular section of the Philippines Embassy located in New Delhi or the ones present in the Philippine Consulates located in Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata. They would guide you through the entire process that needs to be followed in order to apply for Philippine visas.
A Philippine visa can also be applied for through a reputable travel agency. To apply through a travel agency, you must download the visa application form, duly fill it up, provide the necessary documents and fees and submit the same to the officials of the travel agency. Once the application is submitted at the agency, the application is forwarded to the Philippine Embassy located in New Delhi for processing.
Indian nationals can apply for a Philippine visa from other countries as well. When I say from a different country it means from the place of legal residence. In case, you visit the Philippine Embassy or Consulates, do as asked by the officials present there.
General Visa Application Policies of Philippines Visa
When applying for a Philippine visa, there are certain policies that need to be paid attention to. As such, the policies are listed below:
- Indian nationals need to get themselves a visa to enter the Philippines regardless of the duration of stay.
- Indian nationals holding a Diplomatic/Official passport who are visiting the Philippines for less than 30 days are exempted from having to apply for a Philippine visa.
- No legal right is attached to a Philippine visa.
- A temporary visitor’s visa for Pleasure (single entry or multiple entries for 6 months) or Business (single entry, multiple entries for 6 months or multiple entries for 1 year) can be applied for by Indian nationals.
- Visa applications filed by applicants are subject to evaluation and approval by the Philippine consular officer.
- The mere submission of the basic and additional requirements requested by the Consular officer does not guarantee that a visa would be granted.
- Possessing a Philippine visa does not guarantee entry into the country.
- Admitting a foreign national into the Philippines is the function of the Immigration authorities at the port of entry.
- As all information on any visa application and its status are kept in strict confidence, telephonic inquiries on the status of a visa application will not be entertained.
Application Form for Philippines Visa
The application form which needs to be filled up and submitted to the authorities can be downloaded from the official website of the ‘Embassy of the Philippines’. To download the form, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit www.newdelhipe.dfa.gov.ph
- Next, click on ‘Visa Information’ under the ‘Consular’ drop-down menu.
- Following that, click on ‘Visa Forms’ under the section ‘Visa Information and Services’.
- In doing so, the application form will be opened in a new tab.
- Download the form on the Computer/Laptop.
Philippine Visa Application Status
There isn’t a way to check the status of a Philippine visa application. However, it needs to be mentioned here that the information on the status and/or result of a visa application will be given only to the applicant or the authorized representative on the day indicated on the claim stub given at the time when the visa application form was received.
Processing Time for Philippines Visa
The time is taken to process an application for a Philippine visa usually takes around 10 days.
Reasons for Rejection of a Philippine Visa Application
The visa application for a Philippine visa can be rejected on grounds such as:
- Basic and additional requirements were not submitted.
- If the applicant does not prove that he/she has strong economic or family ties to the home country, or prove he/she is having sufficient financial means to support himself/herself in the country and a clear intention of honouring the status of the temporary visitor’s visa.
- Pending documents were not submitted within the 5-day waiting period.
- Fraudulent supporting documents were submitted.
- On suspicion of misrepresentation.
- A discrepancy between the data on the application form and other related supporting documents.
- If a temporary visitor’s visa is applied for when the correct category of visa that needs to be applied for are - student visa, pre-arranged employment or a special non-immigrant visa.
FAQs on Philippines Visa
Are Indian nationals eligible for visa-free entry into the Philippines?
Yes, Indian nationals are eligible for visa-free entry into the Philippines. However, they need to fulfil certain criteria like:
- Possessing a valid tourism/business/student visa and an onward ticket to India or next destination.
- Being a permanent resident of any of the following countries - UK, USA, Singapore, Canada, Australia, Japan and the Schengen area.
- Having a valid passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Having no derogatory record with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration.
Can the evaluation of documents be carried out online?
No, evaluation of documents can’t be carried out online.
Is it necessary to enter the Philippines only through Manila?
No, it is not necessary to enter the Philippines only through Manila. An individual can enter the country through any of the international airports or seaports.
Can expedited visa processing be requested?
No, expedited visa processing can’t be requested as the authorities have stopped the facility since 23 April 2018.
Is it necessary to submit financial documents along with the visa application form?
Yes, they are necessary to be submitted because it helps the authorities to gauge whether the applicant is capable to finance his/her expenses while staying in the country.
Apply Visa Online For Other Countries