Singapore visa is a document that permits people to enter Singapore for a specific period of time. Without a valid visa, you cannot enter the country unless you are a citizen of a country that does not require a visa to enter Singapore. There are different types of visa issued by the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority. The purpose for which you wish to enter Singapore will help you determine the type you should apply for.
Types Of Singapore Visa
- Entry Visa
- Business Visa
- Employment Visa
- Student Visa
- Visa for Social Visit
How To Get A Singapore Visa Online?
The application process of Singapore visa is simple and you can apply online using SAVE (Submission of Application for Visa Electronically). To apply using SAVE, you can take the help of an authorized visa agent/strategic partner of the overseas missions or a local agent or local contact.
To submit your visa application through an authorized visa agent or strategic partner, you can contact the ICA and the overseas missions to get information about the agent or partner.
If you know a citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore who has a SingPass account and is 21 years old or above, then it is best to submit a Singapore visa form through them. They can apply for a visa on SAVE for you using their SingPass account. They also have to provide their passport details in SAVE. If you are applying using this method, then the application should be submitted within 30 days before your arrival date.
To make the payment, you need to have a Mastercard or Visa Debit or Credit Card. People can also pay using the eNETS service.
People who enter Singapore using a visa for social visit are not allowed to involve themselves in any kind of profession, business, paid employment or occupation in the country.
Criteria For Singapore Visa
People from the following countries or regions need a visa to enter Singapore:
|Assessment Level I Countries or Regions|
|MSAR (Macao Special Administrative Region) Travel Permit Holders|
|People’s Republic of China|
|Hong Kong Document of Identity Holders|
|Assessment Level II Countries or Regions|
|Palestinian Authority Passport Holders, Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East Countries and Temporary Passport issued by UAE|
Citizens of the Commonwealth of Independent States may enter the country without visa, in case of transit between two other countries, provided:
- They are in transit from or to a different country
- They commence their journey to the third country within the visa free period, which is 96 hours.
- They fulfil entry requirements of Singapore.
- They have a valid passport and an onward air-ticket.
- They have the entry documents required for visiting the different country.
- They have the funds required for their stay in Singapore.
Foreigners who wish to study full time in Singapore have to apply for a student visa or a Student Pass and people who want to work in Singapore have to apply for an employment visa. People who want to visit their relatives, families and friends in Singapore have to apply for a visa for social visit.
Documents Required For Singapore Visa
Every person who wants to visit Singapore must have the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Recent passport sized photograph (colour).
- Original Passport and a copy of the same. The passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months.
- Sufficient money to last during the stay period in Singapore.
- Return or Onward air tickets.
- In case the individual is visiting a different country from Singapore, he/she should have the entry documents required for that country.
- Completed Embarkation or Disembarkation Card.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (to be submitted if applicable).
- In case of business or social visit, Letter of Introduction (LOI) has to be submitted. This LOI should be issued by the local contact in Singapore.
- Official translation is required for documents that are not in English.
Applicants will be asked to submit other documents depending on the type of visa they apply for.
Singapore Visa Fees
At present, the cost of a Singapore Visa is S$30 per issue, which is non-refundable. No additional amount is charged for processing.
S$30 will be charged as visa fee if an individual stays in Singapore after his/her visa free period expires.
The fee amount can be changed at any time as per the discretion of the Singapore Government and it can vary depending on the type of visa you apply for.
For more information, please contact ICA.
Photo Specification for Singapore Visa
- People have to submit passport-sized photograph along with their application.
- They have to submit color photo and not black and white.
- The Singapore visa photo size should be 35mm(width) x 45mm(height)
- The photo should be clicked against a plain white color background.
- The photo should show the full face of the individual.
- The individual should not submit any photo where he/she is wearing a headgear. (If a headgear is worn for religious or racial reasons, it is accepted, but it should not hide the facial features of the applicant).
How To Check Singapore Visa Status?
Individuals can check the Singapore visa application status on SAVE on the website of ICA. To check they have to click on the ‘Status Enquiry’ option.