The visa application process differs from country to country. Each country has its own set of rules when it comes to accepting visa applications. Normally, an applicant needs to go through the following steps to obtain a visa:
Step1: Select the type of visa you are applying for.
Step2: Next, check your eligibility.
Step3: Fill the online application form entering all required information.
Step4: And finally appear for the visa interview along with all required documents at a select embassy.
The Visa apply form is available both online and offline. In case, you opt for a manual process, you need to download the application form and submit it to the concerned consulate of a nation, provided the facility is available. All nations may not accept offline visa applications. In any case, a person has to appear for visa interview personally.
Like different visa application procedures maintained by different countries, the cost involved in visa application varies from country to country.
Apply For Visa Online
- These days many countries accept online visa application forms. When it comes to online visa application, what you need to do is to fill all required information in the visa application form and get all supporting documents handy with you so that you can produce them as and when you need or at the time of your physical visa interview. The online visa application form is available on the official embassy website of a county.
- For example, you can apply for a visa online in India. Before applying online, make sure you would be able to provide all required documents needed by the country on the date of your visa interview. Applicants can apply for Indian Visa Online by using Online India Visa Registration. In order to do so, you should have access to need to a system equipped with either Chrome or Internet Explorer 7.0 and above and Acrobat Reader. There, all dates should be filled in the following format DD/MM/YYYY. Also, an applicant's passport should be valid for at least 6 months at the time of submission of online visa application.
- The rules and regulations involved in visa application are subject to changes. So, it’s important you check with the embassy website of a particular country you want to visit before you start applying for a visa. Visa application procedure may vary within the same country based on the embassy you are attending.
Information To Be Provided With Visa Application Form
Normally, a visa applicant needs to fill an application form which is mostly available at the embassy website of his/her destination country and enter all required information. You may be required to furnish the following information with your visa application form:
- Name of the applicant.
- Date of birth.
- Passport number.
- Dates of travel/stay at your destination country.
- Contact address in the destination country.
Apart from the aforesaid information, you may be asked to furnish further information.
Check the Following Before You Apply For A Visa
Before applying for a visa to a particular country, an applicant needs to prepare a visa application checklist considering the following points:
- Application procedure- how it works.
- Visa fees
- Embassy security measures
- Fingerprint collection
- Know the interview guidelines beforehand.
Although, the procedure of visa application may varies from country to country, the checklist more or less remain the same. Besides, you also need to prepare yourself for a convincing visa interview.