India has a lot to offer to tourists from around the world. Whether a foreigner is visiting India for tourism, business, medical, studies or any other reason, the official website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in provides all the information pertaining to all categories of Indian Visas. In order to be eligible for an Indian Visa, an applicant is required to meet various eligibility criteria. The visa application can be carried out online which allows the applicant to visit the Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or Indian Mission/ Post to complete the remaining application process.
Online Visa Application Steps
The website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in allows the applicants to complete the visa registration section. The applicant needs to provide the following information for the online visa application process:
- Country you are applying visa from - The applicant needs to indicate the country that he/she is applying from
- Indian Mission - Select the appropriate Indian Mission/Post applicable to your location
- Nationality - Choose the nationality
- Date of Birth - Must be mentioned in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Email ID - The approved visa is sent to this email
- Re-enter Email ID - Verify the email ID to avoid errors
- Expected Date of Arrival - Must be mentioned in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Visa Type - Based on the nature of the travel, the applicant must indicate the types of visa he/she is applying for.
- Purpose - Visa type can be different from the purpose of the travel, the applicant must indicate the purpose of his/her travel from the list of drop-down options
Indian Visa Eligibility Factors
Foreigners who wish to visit India for recreation, casual visit, sightseeing, meeting friends/relatives, business or for a short duration medical treatment are eligible for the India e-Visa (eTV). Few eligibility factors for the Indian Visa are mentioned below:
- Passport - The applicant must have a passport with at least six months of validity from the date of arrival in India. Additionally, the passport must have at least two blank pages for immigration stamping.
- Tickets - The applicant must produce onward and return journey tickets.
- Funds - The applicant must have sufficient funds to support himself/herself during the trip.
- Other documents - Based on the applicant’s travel plan, he/she must submit necessary documents.
The applicant must complete the online application to initiate the application process. After filling in the online application form, the applicant will be required to upload the scanned copy of the necessary documents such as the passport, photograph, etc. to complete the online application. Once the application is submitted, the applicant is required to pay the visa fee based on his/her requirements. The applicant will have access to multiple online payment methods. After the payment is made, the applicant will be provided with a reference number. The reference number can be used to track the status of the application. After the application is reviewed, the approved eTV is sent to the applicant’s registered e-mail ID. Additionally, regular notifications are sent through text SMS.
Visa Application Status
In order to track the status of the visa application, the applicants can follow these steps to know the status of their application:
- Regular Visa Application
- Visit - https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/StatusEnquiry
- Enter 12 characters Application ID
- Passport Number (the visa status can also be obtained with the passport number)
- e-Visa Application -
- Visit - https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/StatusEnquiry
- Enter 12 characters Application ID
- Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY
- Specify Nationality
- Verify captcha
- Check Status Advanced search for e-Visa only
Factors to consider before applying for an Indian Visa
- Applicants are allowed to apply for a visa under single or multiple entry visa schemes
- E-visa is allowed under the e-Tourist visa, e-Business Visa, and e-Medical visa categories.
- The photograph must meet the required guidelines.
- The applicant may be required to submit additional documents based on his/her profile.
- The visa fee is based on the type of visa, applicant’s nationality, entry scheme, and other factors.
- Visitor’s biometric details are obtained by the immigration officer while arriving in India.
- E-visa will be valid for 60 days from the date of entering India.
Countries Who Can Apply For An Indian Visa
Foreigners from the following countries/territories can apply for an Indian e-Visa:
|Albania||Cameron Union Republic||El Salvador||Italy||Monaco||Portugal||Swaziland|
|Andorra||Canada||Eritrea||Jamaica||Mongolia||Republic of Korea||Sweden|
|Angola||Cape Verde||Estonia||Japan||Montenegro||Republic of Macedonia||Switzerland|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Chile||Finland||Kenya||Mozambique||Russia||Tajikistan|
|Armenia||China- SAR Hong Kong||Gabon||Laos||Namibia||Saint Christopher and Nevis||Thailand|
|Aruba||China- SAR Macau||Gambia||Latvia||Nauru||Saint Lucia||Tonga|
|Australia||Colombia||Georgia||Lesotho||Netherlands||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Austria||Comoros||Germany||Liberia||New Zealand||Samoa||Turks and Caicos Island|
|Azerbaijan||Cook Islands||Ghana||Liechtenstein||Nicaragua||San Marino||Tuvalu|
|Bahamas||Costa Rica||Greece||Lithuania||Niger Republic||Senegal||UAE|
|Barbados||Cote d'ivoire||Grenada||Luxembourg||Niue Island||Serbia||Uganda|
|Belize||Cuba||Guinea||Malawi||Oman||Sierra Leone||United Kingdom|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Czech Republic||Haiti||Mali||Palestine||Slovakia||USA|
|Brazil||Djibouti||Hungary||Marshall Islands||Papua New Guinea||Solomon Islands||Vanuatu|
|Brunei||Dominica||Iceland||Mauritius||Paraguay||South Africa||Vatican City-Holy See|
|Burundi||East Timor||Ireland||Micronesia||Philippines||Sri Lanka||Vietnam|
|Cambodia||Ecuador||Israel||Moldova||Poland||Suriname||Zambia and Zimbabwe|
News About Visa Application Process
BLS International inaugurates the Spain Visa Application Center
On 8 February, the Spain Visa Application Center was officially inaugurated at El-Biar, in Algeria by Spain’s Ambassador and the senior officials of BLS International Services Limited. The center targets to process all kinds of visa applications, even including transit, business, family, and tourist visa to Spain.
With a revenue of Rs.584.42 crore, BLS International Services Limited is one of the world’s biggest Indian service providers for outsourcing the process of attestation, passport, citizenship, and visa applications to the diplomatic missions as well as the governments globally.
The ceremony was inaugurated by D. Santiago Cabanas Ansorena, the Ambassador of Spain, who addressed the BLS’s excellent services and infrastructure of the VAC (Visa Application Center).
26 February 2018
Australia sees a rise of 15 percent in Indian tourists visiting the nation
Australia as a holiday destination is quite fascinating as it offers the tourists who visit the country a lot to explore. As such it is no surprise that the island country is flooded by tourists year after year. As per data revealed by Tourism Australia, in the last year starting October 2016, the number of Indian citizens visiting the country has seen a rise of 15 percent. Till October, 2017 the number of Indian tourists visiting has been estimated at 294,000. According to the data, it reveals that India is rated ninth in terms of in-bound market to the country which is headed by visitors from New Zealand. It is followed by visitors from China, US, UK, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and South Korea. Tourism Australia in the data also revealed that the money spent by Indian tourists in the country also saw a hike of 26 percent. The rise in the number of Indian visitors can be accounted to the fact that the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection allowed online submission of tourist visa applications since mid-2017.
28 December 2017
Foreign tourists visiting India has increased by 18% in 2017
According to the tourism ministry, the arrival of foreign tourists to India has increased to 18% in September 2017 for over a period of 1 year.
The tourism ministry released a statement, in which it is shown a detailed data of the foreign visitors to India. In September 2017 there were about 7.23 lakh foreigners who visited India. Whereas in September 2016 it was 6.08 lakh and 5.43 lakh in September 2015. There were more number of tourists from Bangladesh (29.65%), US (10.24%), the UK (7.04%), Sri Lanka (3.98%), Australia (3.50%), Malaysia (3.32%), Germany (2.57%), and other countries.
It was also reported that Delhi airport remains the most busiest of all, followed by Haridaspur Land Check Post (16.06%), Mumbai Airport (13.57%), and Chennai Airport (6.56%).
In fact there was also an increase in the number of tourists arriving India on e-visas as of September 2017. Even the number of tourists who visited the country through e-visa has increased from 0.69 in 2016 to 1.18 lakh in 2017.
26 October 2017
India Introduces New Rules and Regulations for Medical Tourism Visa
India will go easy on the medical visa rules and get tech friendly. The change is part of a bigger plan which is to increase Indian Medical Tourism by 10% a year. India will soon change the rules regarding medical tourism visa after having received flak for the tedious medical visa process. For years, there have been complaints regarding the amount of time the patients have to wait in order to avail the treatment along with the whole process. As of now, patients going to India for medical treatment have to seek online appointments from Indian Missions and this might take from weeks to months. The Ministry of Home Affairs has agreed to make changes after pressure from the Prime Minister's office.
21 June 2016
Annual India Pilgrimage Applications Invited by the Government
The annual (Urs) of Khawaja Allauddin Ali Ahmed Sabir Kaliyari celebrations will be held in India nd applications for attending the event have been invited by Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony by the 24th of May. A Rs.1000 charge that is not refundable will have to be deposited online by the applicants and the transfer must be made to the National Bank of Pakistan. When submitting the application to the ministry, the original receipt of the amount deposited must be attached to the application. The ministry has also revealed that the celebrations will be able to house only 200 Pakistani pilgrims this year, and should there be an excess of applicants, there will be a ballot held on the 1st of June through which the lucky participants will be determined.
15 May 2016