The option of Singapore visa on arrival is not applicable for Indian citizens, except for transit passengers (even this is not guaranteed), provided that they have a proper boarding pass to the main destination and they only pass through the Singapore zone. For better understanding, the entire details about a Singaporean visa are written below.
Is There A Singapore Visa On Arrival Facility For Indians?
As said above, there is no facility of Singapore visa on arrival for Indian nationals. Therefore, a visa is required for all the residents, who are designated under the Level I and Level II assessment countries. Talking about India in specific, it belongs to the Assessment Level I countries. Hence, an electronic visa (or e-Visa) is mandatory before entering Singapore. The procedure to acquire an electronic visa for Singapore is extremely easy and can be done within 3 days.
Singapore e-Visa For Indians
An Indian citizen can apply for a Singapore e-Visa or Electronic Visa in 2 ways:
- The first approach is to know someone who already lives in Singapore and has a SingPass account. If this is the case, then he/she can apply for the Singapore Visa locally on behalf of the applicant. This will help save a lot of money.
- If an applicant does not know anyone in Singapore, then he/she is just left with only one option, which is none other than the e-Visa. This process has to be carried out through a certified agent in India.
This article focuses on the steps to get an e-Visa because not many of the applicants will have relatives or friends living in Singapore. The requirements, processing time, and other details related to electronic visa are explained in detail below.
Requirements For Applying A Singapore e-Visa
- A passport that has a validity of 6 months from the date of travel.
- A completed and duly-signed Form 14A (available at the Singapore Government website).
- Two recently taken colored passport-sized photos on a white background, each of matte finish and of the size 35 × 45 mm (width × height).
- A cover letter that states the visit purpose along with the total days an applicant intends to stay in Singapore.
- A copy of confirmed return flight tickets.
- A copy of hotel accommodation in Singapore.
- A copy of the applicant’s itinerary (optional).
- A copy of the bank statements for the last 6 months (optional). This serves as a proof that an applicant is maintaining a healthy and an adequate balance.
Procedure To Apply For An Electronic Visa For Indians
As soon as an applicant is ready with all the necessary documents, he/she can readily apply for an e-Visa. Just choose an agent and discuss to them about further details. Regardless of what agent an applicant chooses, the process is overall the same, which is highlighted below:
- Choose a certified agent so that he/she can carry out the entire process smoothly. Make sure to keep all the documents handy and safe. Generally, all agents offer the same service and the same fee.
- The visa processing fee is around 30 SGD (Singaporean Dollars) or Rs,1,437 (varies based on the current SGD rate) and can be paid online. Besides this, an agent will usually charge an additional amount of Rs.300 for each visa application. Therefore, an applicant in total has to pay around Rs.1,737 or more. Since the payment is going to be done online, an applicant is required to have a valid credit card.
- Once the payment process completes, a representative will pick up the documents from home but this facility comes with an extra charge of Rs.200. However, the documents can be directly submitted to the respective agent.
- The agent checks all the documents and submits them to the High Commission of Singapore on the applicant’s behalf. After 3-5 working days, the e-Visa and the documents are returned to the applicant via courier or the applicant can directly pick them up from their office too.
The received electronic visa has a validity of 1 year from the issued date or sometimes less, depending on the consulate officer. With an e-Visa, an applicant can stay not more than 30 days each time he/she visits Singapore.
VFTF (Visa Free Transit Facility)
Indian citizens who are in transit by air from or to any 3rd country are eligible for a 96-hour VFTF (Visa Free Transit Facility). However, an Indian traveler who is not eligible for a VFTF will not be permitted to enter or visit Singapore.
The conditions for a VFTF are as follows:
- Travelers who are in transit and are eligible for a VFTF should qualify the prevalent entry requirements before entering Singapore.
- The ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority) officers handle the entry assessment at the entrance point.
- Stay extension for a transit traveler is strictly not permitted under the VFTF.
- The VFTF for an Indian citizen is applicable only for an air-to-air travel.
- A visa application form that is submitted with incomplete or incorrect details, will be immediately rejected and the process of acquiring a visa will be delayed.
- The stay duration of a visa application is subject to its merits and approval.
- Possessing a visa doesn’t guarantees an entry into Singapore. Whether an applicant will be allowed or not, is decided by the ICA officers.
- An applicant is also allowed to enter Singapore when he/she has adequate funds to afford the stay duration, a valid passport, and confirmed return/onward air tickets.
Get Visa On Arrival For Other Countries