In order to gain entry into Canada, tourists are required to possess a valid entry document, like a visa. Here we will discuss how to go about obtaining a Canada Tourist Visa.
Requirements for Canada Tourist Visa
Individuals who wish to visit Canada must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a valid travel document, like a passport.
- Have a medical certificate that proves they are in good health.
- Attend the interview with an immigration officer and convince him that you have connections in India â€“ like a job, family, financial assets, etc., because of which you will return.
- Possess adequate funds for the duration of your stay in Canada.
- Undergo a medical exam.
- Obtain a letter of invitation from a friend or relative residing in Canada.
How to Apply for Canada Tourist Visa
Following is a step-by-step guide to applying for a Canada Tourist Visa:
- Download the correct application from www.canadainternational.gc.ca and fill it out and print it on a laser printer.
- Go through the checklist relevant to the tourist visa and ensure that all documents as mentioned are attested to your application form.
- Check the fees applicable to a tourist visa on www.canadainternational.gc.ca
- Visit the nearest Canada Visa Application Centre along with your passport, two passport-sized photographs, filled out forms, all the supporting documents, and the fees and submit your application after making the payment.
- Obtain a receipt after paying the fees as the receipt will contain your unique tracking number that must be used to track the status of your application.
Applying for Canada Tourist Visa Online
If you wish to apply for a Canada tourist visa online, you will need access to a camera or scanner to produce electronic copies of the documents you are required to upload. You will also need a valid credit card to pay the fees. All you have to do is fill out the application form, attest the necessary documents to it, and email it to the Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Applying on paper for Canada Tourist Visa
If you wish to take the traditional route to apply for a Canada Tourist Visa, you will have to first download the application package from www.canadainternational.gc.ca. Read the instructions and fill out the form. Gather the documents mentioned in the checklist and submit your application along with the relevant documents and fees at the nearest Canada Visa Application Centre.
How to Track Your Canada Tourist Visa Application Status
You can check the status of your Canada tourist visa application at the Canada Visa Application Centre. All you have to do is to enter your date of birth along with your tracking number and hit â€˜Submitâ€™ and it will tell you how long it will take for your application to be processed.