The United Arab Emirates (UAE), simply called as ‘Emirates’, is one of the most popular destinations that a tourist looks forward to visiting. The country’s economy is the most diversified in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the authorities have been focussing on generating more revenue from tourism and business. Dubai is the fifth most popular tourist destination in the Middle East and holds up to 66% share of the country’s total tourism economy.
It needs to be mentioned here that to visit UAE, Indian nationals are required to avail a visa. As such, here we take a detailed look at what an Indian national needs to know if he/she is planning a trip to the country with their friends or family.
UAE Visa Fees
The fees that applicants need to pay while applying for various types of UAE visa are mentioned in the table below:
|Types of UAE Visa||UAE Visa Fees|
|Types of Visa||Fees|
|48-hour Visa||Rs.820 Rs2,440 (Express Visa Fees)|
|96-hour Visa||Rs.2,850 Rs.4,470 (Express Visa Fees)|
|Short Term Visit Single Entry - Service (14 days)||Rs.5,690 Rs.7310 (Express Visa Fees)|
|Short Term Visit Single Entry - Tourist|
|90 days Visit Visa||Rs.14,100|
|Multi Entry Short-Term Visa||Rs.13,580|
|Multi Entry Long-Term Visa||Rs.34,300|
UAE Visa Types
The authorities of UAE issue different types of tourist visas to Indian nationals. The types of tourist visas issued to Indian citizens are discussed below:
- 48-hour Visa: The 48-hour Visa can be availed by those type of tourists who intend to stay in the country for a period of only 48 hours. While the individual who possesses this type of visa can stay in the country for only two days, it comes with a validity of 30 days from the date of issue.
- 96-hour Visa: The 96-hour Visa enables the individual to stay in the country for a period of 4 days or less. Like the 48-hour visa, this type of visa is also valid for a period of 30 days from the date of issue.
- Short Term Visit Single Entry - Service (14 days): This visa is valid for a period of two weeks i.e 14 days from the date of issue. While this type of visa is sought after by most tourists who visit the country, it has a disadvantage. The disadvantage of this type of visa is that it is a non-extendable one.
- Short Term Visit Single Entry - Tourist: This visa is valid for a period of 58 days from the date of issue. It can be extended twice for a period of 30 days each and enables an individual to stay in the country for 30 consecutive days.
- 90 days Visit Visa: The 90 days Visit Visa is beneficial if the individual intends to stay in the country for a longer duration of time. The visa like the ‘Short Term Visit Single Entry - Tourist’ can be extended twice for a period of 30 days each by paying 850 Arab Emirates Dirham. It comes with a validity of 58 days.
- Multi Entry Short-Term Visa: If an individual avails this visa, he/she can visit the country multiple times within the validity period. The visa which comes with a validity of 58 days, can be extended twice for 30 days each by paying the necessary fees. With the help of the visa, the individual can stay in the country for a period of 30 days at a stretch. It is noteworthy to mention here that once the visa is utilized it can’t be cancelled until the validity expires.
- Multi Entry Long-Term Visa: The Multi Entry Long-Term Visa comes with a validity of 90 days and can be extended twice for 30 days each. With the help of the visa, an individual can travel to the country multiple times with the validity period or stay there for 90 consecutive days.
How to apply for UAE visa?
In order to apply for a UAE visa, the individual needs to submit a visa application form along with all the necessary documents and the prescribed fees to the authorities present at the Embassy or the consulate-offices.
UAE Visa Requirements
The documents required to be submitted by Indian applicants while applying for a UAE visa are listed below:
- A Verbale issued by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs or from the concerned Diplomatic Mission.
- Coloured copy of the name page, personal data, date of expiry and cover page of the passport.
- One passport size coloured photograph.
UAE Visa Eligibility
Applicants who intend to visit UAE need to fulfil certain eligibility criteria to avail a visa. The criteria which need to be fulfilled are segregated under various categories like:
- Travel record.
- Financial record.
- Invitation from immediate family member residing in UAE on family status.
UAE Visa Application Status
Once the application for a UAE visa is submitted to the authorities along with the relevant documents and necessary fees, the applicant can track the status of the application. This is can be done with the help of the reference number that is provided to them after the application is submitted and the passport expiry date. To check the status of the visa application, applicants can click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on UAE Visa
- Will I get a visa if my passport is to expire soon?
Ideally, to avail a visa, the passport must have a validity of at least 6 months before you intend to visit UAE.
- What do I do if I want to renew my visit visa?
Generally, a visit visa is generally valid for a period ranging from 30 days to 60 days. In case, the visa is to be renewed, the applicant can get in touch with the authorities and apply for it.
- What would happen if I extend my stay beyond the validity of my visa?
In case, you stay in the country after the validity of the visa has expired you may be subjected to a heavy penalty. Apart from that, you may be stopped from entering the country in the future.
- If I am travelling to UAE on a business trip, do I need a visa?
Yes, you need to get yourself a visa even if you are travelling to UAE for a business trip.
- Can I know the reason for my visa rejection?
No, the reason for rejection of the visa application is not revealed by the authorities.
Most Popular Travel Destinations