A considerable number of Indian working population in the UAE lives away from their family, leaving behind their husband or wife and children in India. Getting a residence visa for your spouse in the UAE is an easy and inexpensive procedure as long as you adhere to the country’s requirements. While some employers sponsor the residence visa for your spouse and children, you can also sponsor a residence visa for your wife or husband.
Here is a guide on how to get a residence visa for your spouse in UAE
Now that you’ve decided to begin the process of getting a residence visa for your spouse, you need to understand the eligibility for a residence visa for your spouse in the UAE.
Husband Sponsoring Residence Visa For Wife:
Expatriate residents with a monthly salary of Dh4,000 or Dh3,000 plus accommodation are eligible to apply for a residence visa for their wife.
Wife Sponsoring Residence Visa For Husband:
In case the wife is sponsoring husband for a residence visa, she has to be employed as a teacher, doctor, engineer, nurse or in any medical sector role and her monthly salary should not be less than AED 10,000 or AED 8,000 plus accommodation (in Abu Dhabi). While in Dubai the minimum salary should not be less than AED 10,000 with special permission from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners (GDRFA).
- Online application or through a registered typing office in UAE.
- Passports (both original and copies) of husband, wife and children.
- Passport size photograph of spouse and children.
- Salary certificate (for government employees) or attested work contract (for other employees).
- Medical clearance certificate for the spouse and children above 18.
- Legalized marriage certificate attested by the UAE authorities (either married in UAE or in India).
- Attested tenancy contract.
- Copy of spouse’s employment certificate or company contract.
- Latest utility bill (electricity, water, etc.).
Process For Getting Residence Visa For Your Spouse In The UAE:
An expatriate resident has 30 days to apply for a residence visa for their spouse after they enter the UAE through an entry permit. After your spouse enters the UAE, you need to apply for a spouse residence visa in the UAE. With all the required documents in place, below is the process of applying for a residence visa in the UAE.
- Ensure your spouse and children take and pass the medical fitness test to obtain a medical certificate from a government approved health center in the UAE.
- Go to any authorized typing centers with copies of above required documents and get a typed application form and pay the required fees.
- Submit the typed residence visa application for your spouse along with the entry permit, medical certificate and all the documents required for the residence visa at the GDRFA to get it approved.
Validity And Renewal Of Residence Visa:
The validity of the residence visa is generally two years, while renewal is subject to conditions similar to fresh residence visa. The sponsoring expatriate employee visa is linked to the residence visa of the spouse, and if sponsoring member’s visa is cancelled, then the visas of the dependents will be cancelled as well.
A grace period of 30 days is granted from the date of expiry or cancellation of their visa to get a new residence visa. If the sponsoring family member does not renew or cancel their spouse’s residence visa within the stipulated time, then the dependents would be deemed illegal residents with a possibility of a fine being imposed.
To conclude, make sure you have all the documents ready ahead of the process of getting a residence visa for your spouse, this will ensure a seamless experience.