Bank of Baroda is now providing its customers with a debit card that can be used for all daily transactions. Visa Electron Debit Card is ideal for your daily needs in purchasing day-to-day groceries, clearing out utility bills, booking tickets online, etc. The debit card comes with a number of benefits like higher transaction limits and higher ATM withdrawal limits, among others.
Features of Visa Electron Debit Card:
- Offers a swipe limit of Rs.50,000 per day
- High cash withdrawal limit of Rs.25,000 per day
- Can be used at over 6,900 Bank of Baroda ATMs around the country
- This card can be used for picking up daily groceries
- This card can also be used for booking tickets online
- Online transactions are made easy and secure with PIN verification
- Enquiries about bank statements and account balance can be made at any ATM with this card
How do you apply for a Visa Electron Debit Card?
An individual can apply for a Visa Electron Debit Card by first opening an account with Bank of Baroda. Once the application form is submitted to the bank along with all necessary documents, the bank will determine if you are eligible to open an account with them.
Steps that need to be followed to open an account:
- Download the “Account Opening Form” that is available on the Bank of Baroda website
- Fill in all required details that is asked for on the form
- Submit the filled application form along with all necessary documents
- Once the bank is done reviewing your application form, the bank will create your account
- When the bank has decided to open an account for you, the bank will then issue a debit card along with its PIN number
You are required to submit the following documents for clarifying identification when you’re applying for a Visa Electron Debit Card:
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- PAN Card with photograph
- Passport (Verification for NRI’s)
- Any document with your photo on it that has been certified by the Central/State government and its departments
You are required to provide documents for Proof of Address (POA) also. Submit any of the documents listed below as a POA:
- Voter ID
- Ration Card
- Registered Lease or Sale Agreement of Residence
- Driving Licence
- Insurance Copy
- Utility bills like telephone (landline only), electricity, and water (not more than 3 months old)
- Any legal document that is issued by the Central/State government or any of its departments
- Women who are married can submit a POA in the name of their spouse
Please ensure that all copies are attested before submission.
Service Charges and Fees related to Debit Cards
Let us take a look at the list of services and charges that is provided by Bank of Baroda on their debit cards. These charges may vary for Bank of Baroda’s Visa Electron Debit Card.
|Annual Fee||Exempted for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for the following years (Not applied for No Frill Accounts)|
|Regeneration of PIN||Rs.150|
|Charges for additional cards||Exempted for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for the following years (Not applied for No Frill Accounts)|
|Renewal of Debit Card on expiry||Nil|
|Replacement of card (Within India)||Rs.200|
|Cash Withdrawal at BOB ATM in India||Nil|
|Balance Enquiry at BOB ATM in India||Nil|
|Mini Statement at BOB ATM in India||Nil|
|Transactions made at Metro ATMs of other banks located in 6 Metro cities: Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru||
|Transactions made at Metro ATMs located at any other place other than the mentioned 6 Metro cities||
|For every transaction made on an overdraft/current account holders||Rs.20|
|MasterCard/ Visa/ RuPay||
|Charges for retrieval of charge slip||Rs.400|
|Rail tickets and fuel surcharges||Rs.10 or 2.50% of transaction amount (whichever is higher)|
|Surcharges on payments at certain educational institutions and payment of certain government services||1% of the transaction amount|
**Fees are susceptible to change without any prior notice at the sole discretion of the bank/regulator. GST is applicable.
FAQs on Bank of Baroda Visa Electron Debit Card
- How can I activate my Visa Electron Debit Card?
- What happens if I lose my Visa Electron Debit Card?
- What are the features of a Visa Electron Debit Card?
A Visa Electron Debit Cardholder can activate their card by using the PIN that has been provided by the bank at an ATM. This PIN can then be changed to any other four-digit number of your choice. Please ensure that the envelope containing the PIN has not been tampered with in any way when you get your debit card and PIN package from the bank.
If a Visa Electron Debit Card is lost or stolen, it is advisable that the individual report the matter to the bank immediately. The card will then be blocked to prevent any misuse or fraud. The cardholder must confirm the same in writing to the bank along with an acknowledged police complaint which must be submitted along with the written letter. Once this is done, a new card will be issued from the bank.
There are a number of features that a Visa Electron Debit Card provides that makes daily transactions easy.
- Cash withdrawals from various ATMs
- Enquiry about account balance
- Mini statement of the account can be printed easily
- Minimizes the amount of hard cash that we would need to carry around
Yes, you can. All you need to do is go to the nearest ATM and punch in your current PIN. Once this is done, go to the relevant options and change the PIN to a four-digit number of your preference.
If you have forgotten your PIN, contact the bank and apply for the PIN regeneration. Once this is done, the bank will issue a new PIN and this PIN will be sent to the registered address of the cardholder. A PIN regeneration charge will be levied on the card holder.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2020
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.