Saudi Arabia which is officially known as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is a sovereign Arab state in Western Asia, which consists of the bulk of the Arabian Peninsula. The country is geographically the fifth-largest in entire Asia and second-largest in Arab world. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has a lot to offer to the residents as well as to the visitors who visit it from around the world.
Year after year, the country receives a huge number of visa applications under different categories. Tourism in the country largely involves religious pilgrimages. This is because the place is called as ‘The Land of the Two Holy Mosques’ as it houses the two holiest places in Islam called Al-Masjid al-Haram and Al-Masjid an-Nabawi.
It needs to be mentioned here that individuals from various parts of the world are required to obtain a visa through the diplomatic missions abroad or submit the online application form on http://www.mofa.gov.sa/sites/mofaen/Pages/default.aspx.
Types of Visas Offered By Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia offers various types of visa to people visiting the country. The types offered are mentioned below:
- Business Visa
- Work Visit Visa
- Family Visit Visa
- Personal Visa
- Government Visit Visa
- Medical Treatment Visa
- Study Visa
- Pilgrimage Visa
- Commercial Visa
- Employment Visa
- Residence Visa
- Special Visit Visa
- Diplomatic Visa
Requirement for Availing Mecca Visa
While looking to avail a visa for visiting Mecca, an Indian citizen must meet the following requirements:
- Filled in application form with the following details-
- Name of the applicant
- Mother name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Present Nationality
- Marital Status
- Home address and contact number
- Office address and contact number
- Passport details
- Purpose of travel
- Duration of stay
- Mode of payment
- Dependent's details, etc.
- He/She must possess a passport with a validity of at least 6 months. The passport should also contain at least two empty visa pages adjacent to each other.
- Must have one recent passport size color photograph with a white background.
- The completed filled out application form must be signed and stamped by the authorized travel agency.
- If the applicant is travelling along with his/her spouse and children, he/she would need to submit copies of marriage and birth certificates.
- If the applicant is a women over the age of 45, she must submit a no objection letter from the husband, son or brother. The letter should be notarized.
- The applicant must possess a non-refundable round ticket with confirmed reservations.
- The applicant is required to submit proof of vaccination for meningitis and ACYW135. For children up to fifteen, vaccination proof for polio and meningitis need to be submitted.
- If an applicant has converted to Islam, an Islamic certificate which is notarized by an Islamic center must be submitted.
- Proof of address, if the address is different from what is mentioned on the passport.
- Original bank pay-in-slip.
- Copy of cancelled cheque/bank passbook.
- Solemn declaration.
Once the application is submitted, it will be reviewed to determine whether to approve or reject the application based on the eligibility criteria and the details provided by the applicants.
Fees Required To Be Paid
Applicants who are applying for a visa to visit Mecca need not pay any fees. However, each of them need to submit two cheques to cover the cost of of guides, Zamzam water agent, tent accommodation and transportation costs. The cheques should include the name and passport number of the pilgrim as well as the date and place of issue.
Hajj Application form
The Haj Committee of India also offer applicants the facility of submit their applications for Haj pilgrimage. Interested applicants can choose to apply either through online or offline mode. The free of cost form can be downloaded from www.hajcommittee.gov.in. The form can also be downloaded from android mobile app called ‘Haj Committee of India’ to initiate the application.
Step-wise guide to fill the Haj online application form
Guidelines for filling up the Haj application form (HAF) online:
The application form which needs to be submitted by applicants for availing visa to visit Mecca requires the individuals to provide the following information:
- Reserve category
- Accommodation category
- Name of cover head
- Embarkation point
- Details like name, date of birth, passport details, complete address etc.
- Details of nominee of applicant
- Details of a being a permissible repeater
- Name of Mehram with relation (applicable for lady pilgrims)
KSA Embassy Address in India
Applicants can also obtain a visa to enter Saudi Arabia through the diplomatic missions. Indian citizens who are looking to visit Mecca can get in touch with the KSA Embassy in New Delhi or the consulate located in Mumbai. They can be contacted for any information on the visa process as well as to clear any other queries. Below we have mentioned the complete address of the offices along with the contact, fax, e-mail address and office timings
Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia
No. 2, Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar
NewDelhi-110057 Telephone - 43244444
Fax - 26144244/4163223
Office Timings - Monday to Friday - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal Consulate General of Saudi Arabia
Maker Tower ‘F’ wing, 4th Floor, Cuffe Parade
Mumbai - 400005
Telephone - 22156001/22150002
Fax - 22156006
Office Timings - Monday to Friday - 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Email address - email@example.com