The Haj Committee of India has started accepting applications for Haj 2018 which is expected to begin on August 19 and end on August 24. Though the deadline was fixed on December 7, the Haj Committee of India has decided to extend the last date of application submission to December 22 due to requests from State/Union Territory Haj Committees. Individuals who are interested to apply for Haj 2018 are provided with online as well as an offline method of application. Both online and offline methods require the same application form to be completed and submitted along with the required documents.
Haj 2018 Online Application
The free of cost application form is available on the official website of the Haj Committee of India - www.hajcommittee.gov.in. Applicants can choose to download the application form and take a print out to carry out the manual submission or they can choose to complete the application online itself. Additionally, applicants can also download the Android mobile app called ‘Haj Committee of India’ to initiate the application. If an applicant meets the eligibility criteria, the following steps will be useful to fill in the application form:
- Visit the official website – The online application requires a computer with an active internet connection and access to a printer. Once you are on the official website - www.hajcommittee.gov.in, select ‘Online-Application’ options at the right side of the menu options. When you are the website, you are recommended to avoid refreshing (F5) the page.
New user registration – After you have clicked on the ‘Online-Application’ options, the page will redirect you to register as a new user. In order to register as a new user, you will need to submit the following details:
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Password (to access the website)
- Security Code (as displayed on the screen)
- Confirmation (to indicate all the details entered by you are true and correct)
Once all these details are submitted successfully, you will receive a text SMS with the OTP on the specified mobile number. Use the OTP to verify your new account which will help you in activating your account. Only the activated accounts are allowed to initiate the Haj 2018 application.
- Registered user login - After successful registration, the users will need to enter their mobile number and password to access the Haj Application form. Once signed in, the applicants will indicate the category of their application based on the eligibility criteria and other qualifying factors. The selection of the appropriate category will allow the users to access Haj 2018 Application form.
Steps To Fill In Haj 2018 Online Application Form
The online form requires the following details from the applicants:
- Number of adults
- Number of infants
- Accommodation category
- Embarkation point (while selecting the Embarkation point, applicants will need to confirm the approximate airfare to proceed to the next section of the form).
General details of the Pilgrim and Co-pilgrim
- Details of the Cover Head including First Name, Gender, Date of Birth, and Passport Details (number, place of Issue, date of issue, date of expiry)
- Details of the Companion (if the applicant 70+ years of age, the relationship to the companion must be mentioned)
Applicant’s personal details
- Desired category
- Accommodation category
- Passport number
- Place of issue
- Date of issue
- Date of expiry
- Given name
- Father's name
- Mother's name
- Spouse's name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- Education qualification
- Blood group
- Present residential address
- Details of nominee of the applicant
- Bank account details of the cover head
- Document for address proof, along with Solemn Declaration, Original Bank Pay-In-Slip, copy of cancelled cheque or bank passbook.
Payment details for offline mode
- Number of cash receipts
- Transaction ID
- Issuing bank
- Receipt amount
- Receipt date
- Issuing branch code
Payment details for online mode
- Number of transactions
- Transaction ID
Once the details are filled in and the payment details are confirmed through a transaction ID, the form will be ready for the final submission. Applicants are recommended to download the copy of the application in PDF format. The signed copy of the application form along with the required documents and a photograph must be submitted to the State/Union Territory Haj Committee before the extended due date of December 22.
Applicants are also recommended to visit - www.hajcommittee.gov.in in order to get latest updates from the announcement section of the website.