Nationalities from the US are required to obtain a visa in order to enter India. Once the application form is completed and submitted, the applicants will need to pay the applicable visa fee in order to get an approved visa.
The visa fee depends on various factors which are listed below:
- Applicant’s location – The US citizens need to indicate the state where they live, each state has different fee which is payable by the applicants.
- Applicant’s nationality – Whether the applicant is a US citizen or a foreigner is also one of the important factors considered for the calculation of the visa fee. The applicant may indicate the status of the US citizenship by birth or by naturalization. Foreigner will need to mention their nationality from the list of options. If the applicant has ever held an Indian citizenship or passport, it will directly impact the visa fee. Additionally, the Indian Embassy/Consulate will also check if the applicant’s parents or grandparents were related to India. If they are related, the applicant will need to provide the details of it.
- Occupation – The applicant will also need to provide the details of their occupation.
- Purpose of travel – Depending on the purpose of the visit, the applicants are required to pay a different visa fee. Whether it’s tourism, business, medical or any other type of visit, it directly impacts the visa fee.
- Duration of visa – Based on the requirements of the applicants and eligibility factors, they will need to indicate their duration of stay in India. Applicants can also extend their visa based on the specific visa norms.
- Entry scheme – Applicants can choose to apply for a visa under the Single, Multiple, Double or Triple entry scheme. Moreover, they can also apply for a Transfer of Visa. The type of the entry scheme also affects the visa fees directly.
- Mode of application – The applicant can fill in the application form for himself/herself or for a minor. The visa fee is affected by the applicant’s preferred mode of application.
- Mode of payment – The visa fee can be paid either online or offline. The online payment system allows the applicants to make the payment through a credit card while the offline method offers payments through money order, cashier cheque, and usage of credit card as well.
- Date of travel – The applicant will require to mention the planned travel date on their application to meet the visa application eligibility criteria.
- Name of the applicant – The first and the last name of the applicant must be mentioned on the application form.
- Date of Birth – The date of birth mentioned by the applicant must be supported with valid documents such as the Birth Certificate, etc.
- US Passport Number – Passport number as mentioned on the applicant’s passport must be provided in the application form.
- Traveling company – The applicant must mentioned whether he/she will be traveling alone or with a group or family.
- Email ID and phone number – The email ID and mobile number mentioned by the applicant will be used for notifications and communications from the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
While the type of US visa, duration of stay, and the entry scheme plays a vital role in the calculation of US visa fee, the Indian Embassy/Consulate will also look into other factors such as mode of payment, etc. to determine the applicable visa fee. Applicants are advised to visit the official website for Indian Visa https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html to understand various rules and regulations pertaining to the Indian Visa. The website provides all the details an applicant needs to know to initiate the visa application process.