All applicants looking to obtain a Schengen Visa are required to fill in and sign an application form, which can be downloaded for free via the Schengen Visa website. The form also requires the applicant to attach a passport sized photograph taken according to the specifications and format specified.
The Schengen Visa Application Form is divided into 37 sections, which are to be filled in by the applicant with relevant information. The different sections of the form are outlined below, along with information on how to fill them:
- Name/Surname : Enter your last name
- Surname at Birth : Former surnames should be entered here if any
- First Name/Given Name: Enter your first name
- Date of Birth : Enter your date of birth in Day-Month-Year format
- Place of Birth: Enter the city or town where you were born
- Country of Birth: Enter the country in which you were born
- Current Nationality: Enter your present nationality
- Sex: Select the relevant box, whether male or female
- Marital Status: Select the relevant box, whether single, married, divorced, separated etc.
- Minors: If the applicant is a minor enter the following information in the space provided:
- First Name
- Nationality of the parents or legal guardians
- National Identity Number: If you have a national identification number such as a Pan number for example, enter it in this section
- Type of Travel Document: Select the type of travel document or passport you are submitting with the form. Eg: Ordinary passport, diplomatic passport etc.
- Number of Travel Document: Enter the passport number in this section
- Date of Issue: Enter the date the passport was issued
- Valid Until: Enter the date of expiry of the passport
- Issued By: Enter the country or government that the passport was issued by
- Applicantâ€™s Home Address and E-Mail Address: Enter your residential address along with your E-mail ID. Enter your telephone number/numbers in the box next to it
- Residence in a Country Other Than the Current Country of Nationality: Select the relevant box if you reside in any other country other than your own. If you select â€˜Yesâ€™ then you will be required to provide your residence permit number and the expiry date of the permit
- Current Occupation: Enter your occupation or profession
- Employer and Employerâ€™s Address and Telephone Number: Enter the name of your employer/company/organization as well as the establishmentâ€™s address and telephone number. In the case of students, enter the name and address of the educational institution.
- Main Purpose of the Journey: Select the relevant box depending on your purpose of visit. Eg: Visiting friends or family, Tourism, Cultural, Business etc.
- Member State of Destination: Enter the Schengen country or countries you plan on travelling to
- Member State of First Entry: Enter the Schengen country that is your first point of arrival
- Number of Entries Requested: Select the relevant box depending on how often you plan on travelling back and forth between your country and the Schengen area
- Duration of Intended Stay or Transit: Enter the number of days you plan on staying in the Schengen area
- Schengen Visas Issued during the Past Three Years: If this is your first time then select â€˜Noâ€™. If you have previously travelled to the Schengen area in the last 3 years select â€˜Yesâ€™ and enter the validity date of the previous Schengen visa
- Fingerprints Collected Previously: Select the relevant option if your fingerprints were collected when applying for a Schengen visa previously
- Entry Permit for the Final Country of Destination: If you possess an entry permit for the final country that you plan on visiting, enter the authority it was issued by as well as the duration of its validity
- Intended Date of Arrival in the Schengen Area: Enter the date you expect to land in the Schengen area
- Intended Date of Departure from the Schengen Area: Enter the date you expect to leave the Schengen area
- Surname and First Name of the Inviting Person in the Schengen States: Enter the first and last name of the person inviting you to any of the Schengen countries. If this does not apply, then enter the name of the hotel or accommodation you plan on staying at.
- Details of the Contact Person in the Company: If you are applying for a business visa or are travelling on official work, then enter the name, address, telephone number and email ID of the contact person in the organization along with the telephone numbers of the company or organization.
- Cost of Travelling and Living during the Applicantâ€™s Stay Covered: If you are covering your own travelling and living expenses, select the relevant box along with the relevant means of support such as cash, credit card etc.
- Personal Data of the Family Member who is an EU Citizen: In the spaces provided, enter your relativeâ€™s last name, first name, date of birth, nationality and passport or ID number
- Family Relationship with an EU Citizen: Select the relevant box stating your relationship with the family member you are visiting. Eg: Spouse, child etc.
- Place and Date: Enter the city you currently reside in as well as the date of filling in the form
- Signature: Sign the form, and the case of minors the parents or guardianâ€™s signatures are required
Enter the residential address and e-mail ID of the person inviting you or the address and e-mail ID of the hotel or accommodation you will be staying at along with the relevant telephone numbers in the space immediately below.
At the bottom of this page enter the city you reside in and the date of filling in the form along with your signature. In the case of minors the parents or guardianâ€™s signatures are required.
Thus, you can apply for a Schengen Visa by filling the above-mentioned information.