|December 1st Rate||Rs.2,890 per gram|
|December 31st Rate||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest Rate in December||Rs.2,895 per gram on the 2nd|
|Lowest Rate in December||Rs.2,767 per gram on the 26th|
December Week 1 (1st - 4th):
- The last month of 2016 was a relatively better period for gold prices in Trichy, compared to the previous two months.
- On 1st of the week, gold began to trade at Rs. 2,890 per gram.
- During the business day on 2nd, gold prices marked the highest for the entire month as the metal traded at Rs.2,892 per gram.
- The 3rd saw prices drop slightly to hit Rs.2,890 per gram before holding on at the same rate till the end of the week on 4th.
December Week 2 (5th-11th):
- When the second week began on the 5th, gold prices had decreased by Rs.21 per gram to trade at Rs.2,869 per gram.
- Prices didn’t change during the 6th as gold still traded at Rs.2,869 per gram.
- The 7th witnessed prices increase slightly by Rs. 3 per gram for gold to trade at Rs.2,872.
- From the 8th, gold prices followed a downward trend as rates were down to Rs.2,863 - a Rs.9 decrease from the previous day.
- On 9th, prices fell a little more as gold traded at Rs.2,851 per gram.
- The last two days of the week, 10th and 11th, weren’t a good period for gold either as a prices decreased by Rs.15 to trade at Rs.2,836 per gram.
December Week 3 (12th-18th):
- On 12th, when the third week began, gold prices maintained the same trend as on the last day of the previous week.
- Gold was trading at Rs.2,836 per gram on the 13th and remained the same on the 14th too.
- The 15th saw prices drop significantly by Rs.36 as gold traded at Rs.2,800 per gram.
- Business day on the 16th saw prices go down as well by Rs.15 to hit Rs.2,785 per gram.
- This decrease is largely attributed to the possible rate cut by the US Federal Reserve.
- The final two days of the week, 17th and 18th, offered a respite as prices increased by a little bit to Rs.2,791 per gram.
December Week 4 (19th - 25th):
- Prices fluctuated quite a bit during the second last week of December.
- When the week began on the 19th, gold was trading at Rs.2,790 per gram and came down to Rs.Rs.2,780 per gram.
- The 21st saw prices increase slightly to trade at Rs.2,782 per gram before continued on its downward slide.
- The lowest price for the month was also seen during this week as it went down to Rs.2,767 per gram on the 22nd.
- On 23rd, prices increased by Re.1 for the metal to trade at Rs.2,768 per gram.
- Last two days of week 4, 24th and 25th, gold prices remained stable to cap off at Rs.2,773 per gram, courtesy of a busy Christmas weekend.
December Week 5 (26th to 31st):
- The last week of the year saw gold prices increase for the entire week.
- On 27th, prices saw an increase of Rs.31 per gram for gold to trade at Rs.2,804 per gram and remained the same on the 28th too.
- Prices again increases on the 29th as gold traded at Rs.2,814 per gram courtesy of new year approaching.
- On the penultimate day of the year, during the 30th, prices increased by Rs.16 for gold to trade at Rs.2,830 per gram.
- December 2016 bid adieu as gold prices went down slightly for the metal to sell at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- All in all, gold price trends were on a decline for December as they decreased by -2.38% as compared to the previous month.
|1st Day||Rs.3,075 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.2,938 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,166 per gram from 9th November|
|Lowest Price||Rs.2,932 per gram on 25th November|
November ‘16 – Week 1 (1st-6th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,075 per gram on 1st November, with a slight increase in price the next day.
- On the 2nd of November, 2016, price of gold increased to Rs.3,014 per gram but declined again the next day.
- There were minor variations noted in the price of gold over the next few days.
- On the last day of the week, the price of gold was Rs.3,119 per gram.
November ’16- Week 2 (7th-13th)
- There was a minor decline noted in the price of gold during the second week of November as compared to the first.
- Prices dropped down to Rs.3,083 per gram and declined further thereafter although the price drop was quite minor.
- This could be attributed to a decline in gold prices due to increase in market strength.
- Rate of gold declined even further with the precious metal closing at Rs.3,059 per gram on the last day of the week. There was a marginal improvement in the price of gold during the second week as compared to the first.
November ’16- Week 3 (14th-20th)
- On the first of day of the third week of november, the price of gold declined slightly to trade at Rs.3,054 per gram.
- Due to sustained demand, gold rate increased by Rs.3 the next day.
- However, this demand did not continue and the price of gold dropped the next day and declined steadily thereafter.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,986 per gram on the last day of the month.
- Decline in gold rates could be attributed to the recent demonetization ruling.
November ’16- Week 4 (21st-27st)
- Low gold rate was sustained until the 21st of November after gold traded at Rs.3,000 per gram.
- There were very minor fluctuations noted during the week.
- There was a decline in the rate of gold after the 22nd and on the last day of the week, gold traded at Rs.2,954 per gram.
- The lowest rate of gold was noted on the 25th, which was Rs.2,932 per gram.
November ‘16 – Week 5 (28th-30th)
- Gold traded at Rs.2,954 per gram on 28th of November, after which prices declined again.
- On the 29th, gold traded at Rs. 2,939 per gram.
- Gold rate closed at Rs.2,938 per gram on the last day of the month.
- There was a decline of 4.45% in the rate of gold as compared to the beginning of the month.
|Highest Price||Rs.3,152 on 1st and 2nd October|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,018 on 17th October|
October 2016 – Weeks 1 and 2 (1st to 9th)
- Though the interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve has been put on hold till December, expectations have sprouted again as a further delay in the hike could lead to other problems for the economy.
- Gold rates were recorded at Rs.3,152 on the 1st of October and remained unchanged on the 2nd.
- Prices dropped to Rs.2,143 on the 3rd, after which another fall in price was recorded to push prices down to Rs.3,130 per gram.
- Prices then fell to Rs.3,050 on the 5th after which another fall in price on the 6th saw them plunge to Rs.3,040 per gram.
- On the 7th of October, prices dropped to Rs.3027, and to Rs.3,026 on the 8th after which they achieved stability to close the week at Rs.3,026 per gram.
October 2016 – Week 3 (10th to 16th)
- Gold rates grew stronger this week as prospects of the U.S. Fed rate hike moved at a slow pace.
- Rates were recorded at Rs.3,034 per gram at the start of the third week of October.
- Prices then increased by Re.1 on the 11th and remained unchanged at Rs.3,035 on the 12th as well.
- On the 13th of October, prices rose by Rs.5 before fluctuating for the remainder of the week.
- Gold closed the third week of October priced at Rs.3,021 per gram.
October 2016 – Week 4 (17th to 23rd)
- There was little talk of the interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve this week.
- Prices fell by Rs.3 at the start of the week and the rate of gold per gram was Rs.3,018 on the 17th of the month.
- Prices then began increasing on a consistent basis until the 20th when they hit Rs.3,049 per gram.
- A minor fall in price on the 21st was followed by an increase of Rs.5 on the 22nd and the precious metal closed the week at Rs.3,046 per gram.
October 2016 – Week 5 (24th to 31st)
- Gold prices rose this week as festive demand picked up in the domestic market.
- Gold was valued at Rs.3,040 on the 24th of October after which fluctuations were in order until the 29th of the month when the precious metal touched Rs.3,067 per gram.
- A minor fall in price on the final day of trading saw gold close the month of October at Rs.3,065 per gram.
- The overall decline in prices between the start and end of October was 2.76%.
|1st Day||Rs.3,120 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,176 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,197 on 8th September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,120 on 1st September|
September '16 – Week 1 (1st to 4th)
- Gold opened at Rs.3,120 per gram on 1st of September.
- Weak U.S. economic data indicated that the Fed rate hike may not be possible this month.
- With the rate hike expectations being put on hold, buyers expressed renewed interest towards the safe haven investment.
- The domestic gold market saw some stability in prices with the festive season nearing.
- Gold went from Rs.3,120 per gram in the beginning of the month, which was recorded to be the lowest, to Rs.3,150 per gram on 3rd and 4th September.
- Overall, the trend for the week was an incline in gold prices.
September '16 – Week 2 (5th to 11th)
- Week 2 started at Rs.3,150 per gram for gold on the 5th of September.
- The week saw a gradual increase in prices where gold reached its peak on 8th September at Rs.3,197 per gram.
- After the 8th, gold experienced a slight fall as it reached at Rs.3,181 per gram on the end of this week on 11th and 12th.
September '16 – Week 3 (12th to 18th)
- Gold rates displayed a continuous downfall through the week. The prices are expected to remain volatile in the coming months.
- The week started at Rs.3,175 per gram on 12th of September and closed at Rs.3,146 per gram by the end of the week on 18th September.
- The investment appeal of gold was dampened in the domestic as well as the overseas markets.
- Demand for gold from jewellers, stockists, retailers, and consumers remained dull in the domestic market.
September '16 – Week 4 (19th to 25th)
- Amid news of the U.S. Federal Reserve rate hike being put aside for now with the presidential elections drawing close, gold prices bounced back.
- The hike may be possible next in December.
- The overseas market displayed a brighter trend and bullish tendencies were on the rise.
- Gold started at Rs.3,160 per gram on 19th and climbed to Rs.3,193 on 24th and 25th of September.
- Improvement in gold rates was due to positive global trends along with heightened domestic demand.
- The domestic gold market may experience a stable demand owing to the festival season in the coming months.
September '16 - Week 5 (26th to 30th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,188 per gram at the beginning of week 5 of September.
- As sentiments in the global market turned bearish, gold rates took a hit this week.
- Dollar gained strength as a result of the U.S. presidential elections.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,180 per gram on 27th September, while it dropped to Rs.3,155 per gram on 28th September.
- Despite a fall in gold rates this week, overall month of September recorded an incline of 1.79%.
|First Day||Rs.3,201 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,142 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,229 per gram on 3rd August|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,142 per gram on 31st August|
August '16 - Weeks 1 (1st to 7th)
- The growth rate in the U.S. was much lower than expected.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,201 per gram at the beginning of the week.
- Prices fluctuated as the dollar dropped and there was an upswing in the global market.
- The highest price for the month of August fell on 3rd when gold traded at Rs.3,229 per gram.
- Towards the end of the week, prices dropped to Rs.3,171 per gram.
August '16 - Week 2 (8th to 14th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,148 per gram on 8th August.
- Increased demand from domestic jewellers in light of the approaching festivals resulted in prices rising.
- In the markets overseas, there was an surge in gold prices as investors put away all expectations of a Fed rate hike this month.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,198 per gram on 10th August, the highest for the week.
- The second week of August closed with gold trading at Rs.3,181 per gram,indicating an overall increasing trend.
August '16 - Week 3 (15th to 21st)
- The rising trend continued into week 3 as steady demand flowed into the domestic market as jewellers and coin makers prepare for the auspicious festivals up ahead.
- On 15th August, gold traded at Rs.3,181 per gram.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,203 on 19th August, the highest for the week.
- Gold rates maintained stability, but is expected to drop as the U.S. Federal Reserve is confident that an interest rate hike is possible and further delays of the hike could lead to other economic risks.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,200 per gram at the end of the week.
August '16 - Week 4 (22nd to 28th)
- Gold rates started sliding down as the prospects of an interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve grew strong.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,184 per gram on 22nd August, but saw a slight increase over the next two days owing to domestic demand.
- Prices started to slip on 25th August on account of a firm dollar.
- By the end of the week, there was a decline of 0.62% with gold trading at Rs.3,164 per gram.
August '16 - Week 5 (29th to 31st)
- The pressure of an interest rate hike was building up and the global markets felt the impact.
- Gold rates dropped to its lowest for the month of August on 31st when it traded at Rs.3,142 per gram.
- Demand in the domestic market dropped as well, but it is expected to pick up again as the auspicious festivals approach.
|1st July Rate||Rs.3,129 per gram|
|31st July Rate||Rs.3,214 per gram|
|Highest Rate in July||Rs.3,244 per gram on 30th and 31st July|
|Lowest Rate in July||Rs.3,118 per gram on 25th July|
|Overall Performance||Increase in price|
|% Change||+2.71% increase|
July'16 - Week 1 (1st to 3rd)
- Gold prices fell for during the week as market demand was low.
- Domestic demand did not reflect the global trend of higher demand.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,124 per gram as the week ended.
July'16 - Week 2 (4th to 10th)
- Prices rose as demand increased.
- The Dollar made slow gains as the week progressed, leading to demand dropping.
- As markets recovered, gold prices fell, with gold trading at Rs.3,162 per gram, a difference of Rs.12 from the start of the week.
July'16 - Week 3 (11th to 17th)
- The strengthening Dollar led to falling demand for gold.
- Prices were more or less stable but slipping downwards as the markets continued to hold steady.
- Gold retailed at Rs.3,126 per gram as the week ended.
July '16 - Week 4 (18th to 24th)
- Prices dipped further as domestic demand reflected international trends.
- Stabilising markets and a strong Dollar led investors away from gold.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,130 per gram, a difference of Rs.10 from the beginning of the week.
July‘16 - Week 5 (25th to 31st)
- Initially, prices continued to fall but rose as the week ended.
- The poor economic data from the U.S. led to the stock markets falling and the Dollar weakening.
- Gold demand shot up, trading at Rs.3,214 per gram at the end of the week, an increase of Rs.96 from the start of the week.
|1st June rate||Rs.2,934|
|30th June rate||Rs.3,105|
|Highest rate in June||Rs.3,122 per gram on 16th June|
|Lowest rate in June||Rs.2,916 per gram on 3rd June|
Jun'16 - Week 1 (1st to 4th)
- Gold opened at Rs.2,934 per gram on the 1st which was also one of the lower rates per month and remained more or less within the same range throughout the week.
- There was a slight decrease noted in the price of gold and on the 3rd, the price was Rs.2,916 per gram which was the lowest for the entire month.
- An increase in price was noted on the 4th at Rs.2,974 per gram which continued till the 5th.
- There were minor fluctuations in the rate of gold for the first week.
Jun'16 - Week 2 (5th to 11th)
- Although the rate of gold was around the Rs.2,000 per gram mark, a gradual increase in price was noted with minor fluctuations here and there.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,974 per gram on the 5th and decreased slightly after that.
- Rates remained steady at Rs.2,968 per gram on the 6th and 7th of June.
- A rise in prices was noted after the 7th at Rs.2,983 per gram and Rs.2,997 per gram on the 9th.
- At the end of the week, gold closed at Rs.3,039 per gram which was also the highest for the week.
Jun'16 - Week 3 (12th to 18th)
- Gold traded at Rs.3,039 per gram on the 12th and steadily increased with a few variations.
- Rate of gold varied between Rs.3,064 per gram to Rs.3,059 per gram between the 13th and the 15th.
- Rate of gold was Rs.3,122 per gram on the 16th which was the highest rate for the month.
- Gold rate slightly reduced thereafter closing at Rs.3,087 per gram on the last day of the month.
Jun'16 - Week 4 (19th to 25th)
- Price of gold was Rs.3,087 per gram at the beginning of the week and decreased slightly after that.
- Rate of gold varied between Rs.3,076 per gram and Rs.3,035 per gram between the 20th and 22nd of June.
- Price of gold reduced even further on the 23rd of June to Rs.3,023 per gram which was the lowest for the week.
- Gold rate was steady at Rs.3,165 per gram on the 24th of June and 25th of June.
Jun'16 - Week 5 (26th to 30th)
- There were minor fluctuations in the rate of gold in the final week of the month. However, rates were above the Rs.3000 mark.
- The rate of gold on the 26th was Rs.3,165 per gram and increased slightly on the 27th to touch Rs.3,180 per gram.
- However, rate of gold plummeted after this to hover between Rs.3,109 to Rs.3,105 per gram between the 28th and the 30th of June.
- A slight increase was noted in the price of gold on the 29th with price of gold being Rs.3,117.50 per gram.
|1st May rate||Rs.3,069|
|31st May rate||Rs.2,914|
|Highest rate in May||Rs.3,076 on the 2nd of May|
|Lowest rate in May||Rs.2,899 on the 31st of May|
|Overall performance||Loss / Negative|
May'16 - Week 1 (1st to 7th)
- Gold rates fluctuated during the first week of May.
- Prices were recorded at Rs.3,069 on the 1st day of the month and Rs.3,050 on the 7th.
- Gold rates increased by Rs.7 on the second day of trading followed by loss of Re.1 on the third day after which they fell by Rs.27 on the fourth day and again by Rs.9 on the fifth.
- An increase of Rs.6 was recorded in prices on the sixth of the month, followed by an increase of Rs.5 on the last day of the week to close at Rs.3,050.
May ‘16 - Week 2 (8th to 14th)
- Gold rates increased by Rs.23 on the first day of the second week and prices were recorded at Rs.3,073 on the 8th of May.
- A decline by Rs.32 on the second day of the week saw prices fall to Rs.3,041.
- Prices fell by Rs.18 on the third day of the week and then increased by Rs.19 on the fourth day and then fluctuated for the next three days to close the week at Rs.3,051.
- There was an overall decline in prices over the course of the week, albeit by just Rs.22.
May ‘16 - Week 3 (15th to 21st)
- Gold prices remained unchanged on the first day of the third week of May at Rs.3,051 and remained unchanged for another day.
- Prices then fell by Rs.14 to Rs.3,037 on the 17th after which a rise of Rs.4 on the 18th saw prices rise to Rs.3,041.
- Rates fell by Rs.23 on the 19th and remained at Rs.3,018 until the 20th after which a decline of Rs.3 was recorded and the price of the precious metal at the close of the week was recorded at Rs.3,015.
- Gold prices recorded a further decline at the end of the week in comparison with the first day of the week.
May ‘16 - Week 4 (22nd to 31st)
- Gold prices remained constant on the first day of the fourth week of May, after which prices continued to fall for the next three days and were recorded at Rs.2,946 on the 25th of the month.
- Prices rose by Rs.6 on the 26th followed by a decline of Rs.27 on the 27th.
- A decline of Rs.9 was then recorded on the 28th of the month and prices remained unchanged at Rs.2,916 until the 29th.
- The lowest price of gold in May was recorded on the 30th of the month as prices fell to Rs.2,899 after which an increase of Rs.15 saw the precious metal finish the month at Rs.2,914 per gram.
- Gold prices fell by Rs.155 between the first and last day of May.
|1st April rate||Rs 2,890|
|30th April rate||Rs 3,069|
|Highest rate in April||Rs 3,069 on 30th|
|Lowest rate in April||Rs 2,869 on 4th|
|% Change||+ 6.19%|
Apr ‘16 - Week 1 (1st to 3rd)
- A cautious approach by investors combined with statements on a US Federal rate change saw demand for gold dip.
- Gold traded at Rs 2,890 on 1st, before dropping marginally.
- The week ended with gold trading at Rs 2,877, highlighting an overall drop in rates.
Apr ‘16 - Week 2 (4th to 10th)
- Prices dropped to Rs 2,869 on 4th, before picking up.
- An overall increase in rates was witnessed during the week.
- Prices changed on a daily basis, ending the week on Rs 2,944.
Apr ‘16 - Week 3 (11th to 17th)
- This was a mixed week for gold, as prices changed on a daily basis.
- Gold traded at Rs 2,950 on 11th, peaking at Rs 2,975 on 12th.
- A steady drop in rates was witnessed post this, as rates dropped to a low of Rs 2,934 on 14th.
- Rates picked up over the next two days, ending the week on Rs 2,957.
Apr ‘16 - Week 4 (18th to 24th)
- An overall drop was seen in gold rates during the week.
- It was a mixed week for gold, as both highs and lows were witnessed.
- Gold traded at Rs 2,960 on 18th, peaking at Rs 2,998 on 21st.
- Gold prices fell post 21st, ending the week on Rs 2,958.
Apr ‘16 - Week 5 (25th to 30th)
- Gold rates appreciated during the final week of April.
- The week began with gold trading at Rs 2,962.
- Prices crossed the Rs 3,000 mark on 29th, peaking at Rs 3,069 on 30th.
- The rates witnessed on 30th were the highest for the month.
|1st March rate||Rs 2,976|
|31st March rate||Rs 2,891|
|Highest rate in March||Rs 2,991 on 8th, 9th and 10th|
|Lowest rate in March||Rs 2,699 on 11th|
Mar'16 - Week 1 (1st to 6th)
- Gold rates were Rs 2,976 on March 1st.
- Protests against an excise duty hike led to market trade being suspended during the week.
- Gold rates stayed steady at Rs 2,976 for this entire duration.
Mar'16 - Week 2 (7th to 13th)
- Rates fell from Rs 2,976 to Rs 2,970 on the 7th.
- Protests against government decisions continued, leading to static rates for most of the week.
- Prices increased to Rs 2,991 on 9th and stayed steady before falling to Rs 2,699 on 11th.
- Gold rates jumped by Rs 20, ending at Rs 2,989 on 13th.
Mar'16 - Week 3 (14th to 20th)
- Gold rates dropped to Rs 2,950 on March 14th.
- Protests impacted rates, as prices dropped for most of the week.
- Rates dipped to a low of Rs 2,926 on 17th, before climbing to Rs 2,949 on 18th and ending at Rs 2,940.
Mar'16 - Week 4 (21st to 27th)
- Both an increase and decrease in rates was witnessed during the week.
- Gold prices fell to Rs 2,914 on 21st, before jumping to Rs 2,943 the next day.
- Gold rates fell for the next two days, dropping to Rs 2,892 before stabilising at Rs 2,896.
Mar'16 - Week 5 (28th to 31st)
- Gold rates steadily increased this week, before dropping on 31st.
- Gold rates initially fell by Rs 22 on 28th, ending at Rs 2,874.
- Rates picked up, crossing the Rs 2,900 mark on 30th, going to a high of Rs 2,910.
|1st February rate||Rs.2,720|
|29th February rate||Rs.2,984|
|Highest rate in February||Rs.2,984 on 25th and 29th|
|Lowest rate in February||Rs.2,720 on 1st|
Feb '16 - Week 1 (1st to 7th)
- Gold rates appreciated in the 1st week.
- Prices were Rs.2,720 on 1st and Rs.2,813 on 7th.
- Gold gained value on all days of the week, ending the week at a cumulative gain of Rs.93.
Feb '16 - Week 2 (8th to 14th)
- Gold rates rose again in the 2nd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,815 on 8th and Rs.2,936 on 14th.
- Gold gained an overall amount of Rs.121 during the 2nd week, rising to a high of Rs.2,961 on 12th before settling at Rs.2,936 for the week.
Feb '16 - Week 3 (15th to 21st)
- Gold gained more value in the 3rd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,889 on 15th and Rs.2,973 on 21st.
- Gold gained Rs.84 over the 3rd week, ending just shy of Rs.3,000-mark.
Feb '16 - Week 4 (22nd to 29th)
- Gold prices appreciated in the 4th week as the net gain in February breached 4-year high records.
- Prices were Rs.2,928 on 22nd and Rs.2,984 on 29th.
- Gold prices fluctuated in the 2,900s all through the week.
|4 th January rate||Rs.2,569|
|31 st January rate||Rs.2,710|
|Highest rate in January||Rs.2,719 on 28th|
|Lowest rate in January||Rs.2,569 on 4th|
Jan'16 -Week 1 (4 th to 10 th )
- Gold rates appreciated during the 1st week of January.
- Prices were Rs.2,569 on 4th and Rs.2,635 on 10th.
- Gold traded positively till 7th to settle at Rs.2,629.
- Rates dropped marginally to Rs.2,626 on 8th before rising back to Rs.2,635 on 9th and 10th.
Jan'16 -Week 2 (11 th to 17 th )
- Gold rates rose again in the 2nd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,632 on 11th and Rs.2,654 on 17th.
- Gold started weaker by dropping to Rs.2,593 by 13th but rallied over the next 3 days to close at Rs.2,654 by 16th and 17th.
Jan'16 -Week 3 (18 th to 24 th )
- Gold had some more positive sessions during the 3rd week.
- Prices were Rs.2,642 on 18th and Rs.2,660 on 24th.
- Gold rose consistently to Rs.2,676 by 21st.
- Prices dropped by Rs.18 to Rs.2,658 on 22nd before touching at Rs.2,660 by 24th.
Jan'16 -Week 4 (25 th to 31 st )
- Gold gained value again in the 4th week as a weaker dollar and increased domestic demand from jewellers fuelled rates.
- Prices were Rs.2,678 on 25th and Rs.2,710 on 31st.
- Gold rose for the most part of the week except on 29th when it fell marginally.
|1st December rate||Rs.2,565|
|31st December rate||Rs.2,534|
|Highest rate in December||Rs.2,598 on 5th and 6th|
|Lowest rate in December||Rs.2,521 on 3rd|
- Gold rates were up in the 1st week of the month.
- Prices were Rs.2,565 on 1st and Rs.2,593 on 7th.
- Gold dropped to Rs.2,521 on 3rd but rallied by Rs.77 in the next two days to settle at Rs.2,598 by 5th.
- Prices dropped marginally on 7th by Rs.5 to end at Rs.2,593.
- Gold rates decreased in the 2nd week of December.
- Prices were Rs.2,572 on 8th and Rs.2,570 on 14th.
- Gold rose to Rs.2,581 on 9th but lost value on 10th and 11th to rest at Rs.2,562.
- There was a gain of Rs.31 on 12th and loss of Rs.23 on 14th.
- Gold rates were mostly stable over the course of 3rd week.
- It was priced at Rs.2,559 on 15th and Rs.2,559 on 21st.
- Prices reached a low of Rs.2,526 on 18th before gaining on the remaining days to end the week at Rs.2,559 once more.
- Gold rates declined in the last days of the month.
- Prices were Rs.2,573 on 22nd and Rs.2,534 on 31st.
- Prices hovered between Rs.2,553 to Rs.2,565 till 30th.
- Gold lost Rs.20 on the last day of the month to end at Rs.2,534.
|1st November rate||Rs.2,676|
|Highest rate in November||Rs.2,682 on 2nd|
|Lowest rate in November||Rs.2,544 on 30th|
- Gold rates declined in the 1st week of the month.
- Prices were Rs.2,676 on 1st and Rs.2,608 on 7th.
- Gold appreciated marginally to Rs.2,682 on 2nd before falling continuously for the next 3 days to settle at Rs.2,624 by 5th.
- Gold appreciated marginally to Rs.2,626 on 6th before dropping to Rs.2,608 on 7th.
- Gold rates decreased in the 2nd week of November.
- Prices were Rs.2,608 on 8th and Rs.2,582 on 14th.
- Gold stayed above Rs.2,600 mark till 11th when it was priced at Rs.2,609.
- Prices fell for the remaining part of the week to settle at Rs.2,582 by 14th.
- Gold rates were mostly stable over the course of 3rd week.
- It was priced at Rs.2,582 on 15th and Rs.2,570 on 21st.
- Gold stayed between Rs.2,563 and Rs.2,581 through the week except for 18th when prices dropped to Rs.2,557.
- Gold rates declined again in the final days of the month.
- Prices were Rs.2,571 on 22nd and Rs.2,544 on 30th.
- Gold stayed around the Rs.2,570 level for most of the 4th week, before dropping to Rs.2,554 on 28th and 29th.
- Prices dropped further on the last day of November to settle at Rs.2,544.
- Also Check:Today's Gold Rate in Trichy