Overview of the ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card
The ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card is the next gen debit card that allows you to make easy and fast contactless payments. It has been designed and customized for your individual needs backed up with complete security. The Expressions Paywave NFC Card has been customized with a built in payWave technology where you can simply tap and make your payments at different retail outlets. This card is not just about what is on the inside the but also what is on the outside. You can choose your own unique design from 160 plus images in the gallery, or if you do not find what you are looking for, you can even upload your own picture online. This card is the personification for the extension of your arm because you do not have to physically submit your card at the terminal or to a cashier, you can simply wave the card 4 cms from the merchant terminal to securely make the payment.
Features and Benefits
- As a joining benefit, ICICI debit card offers you a Gift Certificate from Wills Lifestyle that is worth Rs. 500. You can redeem this Gift Certificate at any Wills Lifestyle outlet in India. However, note that you cannot redeem this certificate on any discounted products.
- Enjoy a discounted vacation with a voucher from Cleartrip costing Rs. 3550. You can redeem this voucher in the following ways –
- Avail 30% discount up to Rs. 2000 on your Weekend Getaways when you stay for a minimum of 2 nights.
- Avail 20% discount up to Rs. 1000 on Hotels when you stay for a minimum of 2 nights.
- Avail 10% discount up to Rs. 550 on your Round Trip domestic flights when you purchase tickets for a minimum value of Rs. 4500.
- Avail a Rs. 1000 gift voucher from The MobileStore that is applicable when you make a purchase for a minimum value of Rs. 8000 and make the payment using your ICICI Debit Card.
- Your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card gets you discounts when you dine at 800 plus restaurants across the country. You can avail a 15% discount when you dine at restaurants under the culinary treats program. You can choose from over 800 restaurants across major cities including Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai to name a few.
- You can travel luxuriously with a complimentary Airport Lounge Access that your debit card makes you eligible for. Get free access to the lounge by simply swiping your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card at the point of entry for a minimum amount of Rs. 2. You can avail a maximum of 2 access at the participating Airport Lounges per Card, each Quarter.
- Get zero surcharge at select HPCL pumps when you purchase fuel using your ICICI Debit Card. However, to avail the 2.5% surcharge, you need to make a fuel transaction for a minimum value of Rs. 401 and above at the select HPCL pump and swipe your card only at the ICICI Bank Terminal.
- You earn PAYBACK points when you make purchases using your ICICI Debit Card.
- Earn 6 PAYBACK points for every purchase of Rs. 200 at merchant outlets within India.
- Earn 10 PAYBACK points for every purchase of Rs. 200 at merchant outlets outside India.
- You are entitled to complimentary Insurance and Purchase Protection using your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card for the following amounts –
- Air Accident Insurance – Rs. 20 lakhs
- Personal Accident Insurance – Rs. 10 lakhs
- Purchase Protection – Rs. 2.5 lakhs
- You can avail the aforementioned Insurance for a minimum purchase of Rs. 499 and within the last 30 days. Also, in order to avail the Air Accident Insurance, the purchase of the flight tickets must be made using your ICICI Debit Card.
- This card is also enabled with high transaction and withdrawal limits.
Making Payments using your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card
To make simple, safe and contactless payments using your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card, follow the steps below –
- When you are about to make the payment at the merchant outlet, look for the following on the EDC machine – Visa PayWave mark, contactless logo.
- Check the purchase amount that will be displayed on the EDC machine screen and wave your Expressions Debit Card from 4 cms away.
- You will then be requested to enter your four digits ATM PIN.
- Once the transaction has been successfully completed, a green light with flash on the machine indicating the same.
You can also use your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card as a regular debit card at any VISA terminals, even those that are not enable to make Visa PayWave payments.
For a complete list of merchants that have the VISA PayWave contactless payment facility, visit the official ICICI Bank website.
Fees and Charges
- Joining Fee – Rs. 499 + GST. This is a onetime fee charged when you first purchase the ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card.
- Annual Fee – Rs. 499 + GST. This fee will be charged only from the second year onwards.
Expression Paywave NFC Card FAQs
- Q. What do you mean by VISA PayWave?
A. The VISA PayWave is a technology that allows you to make contactless payments. This means that you can make the payment at a terminal without the need of swiping or dipping your card. You can simply wave your card from a distance of 4 cms and the payment will automatically get processed. This technology is available on your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card.
- Q. The ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card is supposed to be more secure. How is that so?
A. As the ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card is enabled with the VISA PayWave technology, you do not have the need to submit your card at a PayWave enabled terminal. You have complete control over your card because it does not have to leave your hand. In this way, your card has an added blanket of security.
- Q. Does the ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card have a validity period?
A. Yes. Your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.
- Q. Is there a way I will know when the transaction I have processed using my ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card is successful?
A. Yes. For each successful transaction using your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card, you will be notified via an SMS alert. You will also receive an email with the details of your transaction as per the contact information you submitted during the registration process.
- Q. How do I report the loss or theft of my ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card?
A. You will need to call the ICICI Customer Care that is available 24 hours a day, report the incident and request for a replacement of your ICICI Bank Expressions Paywave NFC Card. You will be charged a fee of Rs. 199 + GST as a reissuance fee. This will be charged directly to your account.
- NRE Debit Card
- NRO Debit Card
- Senior Citizen Gold Debit Card
- Senior Citizen Silver Debit Card
- Young Star Debit Card
- Sapphiro Business Debit Card
- Expressions Business Debit Card
- Coral Business Debit Card
- Business Banking Platinum Debit Card
- Business Banking Gold Debit Card
- Mumbai Metro Coral Debit Card
- Mumbai Metro Platinum Debit Card
- DMRC Platinum Debit Card
- Bangalore Metro Coral Debit Card
- Bangalore Metro Platinum Debit Card
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.