Vietnam Visa enables Indian Passport holders to enter Vietnam for tourism, business, and other reasons. Indians who wish to obtain a Vietnam Visa can either submit the physical copy at the Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate which will be processed within a week or opt for the Vietnam on arrival visa facility available at the designated airports.
Documents Required For Offline Visa Application
All applicants must submit the completed application form along with one passport sized photograph (4x6 cm) and the following documents:
- Valid passports with at least 6 months of validity and blank pages for visa stamp
- Receipt or visa fee payment
- Self-addressed return envelope (prepaid)
Tourist Visa From The Vietnam Embassy
The process of obtaining Vietnam tourist visa for Indian citizens is tedious and one has to make plenty of arrangements to have it approved by the Vietnamese embassy or even better, have an agent to get all the formalities done. With this, an applicant may be asked to submit his/her bank statements, employment proof, and so on.
Apart from the process being time-consuming, it is expensive and not worth the effort. In fact, double the amount of a VoA. However, the advantage is that the applicant will have his/her visa ready prior leaving the country and the only formality he/she has to do is to clear the immigration process. This is the only option to opt for if an applicant wants to enter Vietnam via sea ports or land to cross the border.
Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate in India
Address - Embassy of Vietnam in New Delhi
17, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, INDIA
Phone - 301 8059
Fax - (91-11) 2301 9818, (91-11) 2301 0532
Office hours - Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m
Address - Consulate General of Vietnam in Mumbai
Unit 805, 8th Floor, Powai Plaza, Hiranandani Gardens, Central Avenue, Powai 400076, India.
Phone - +91 22 2570 2033
Fax - +91 22 2570 2034
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can also get in touch with the Vietnamese Visa customer care consultants in Vietnam for any assistance. The telephone numbers are:
Hanoi: (+84) 982226669 / (+84 4) 39993938
Ho Chi Minh: (+84) 906122199 / (+84 4) 39944804
Vietnam Visa On Arrival for Indians(VOA)
The procedure to apply for a Vietnam Visa on Arrival for citizens of India is extremely simple and takes a less time to complete. A VoA is a legal and a standard way to enter into the Vietnamese zone and it is mandatory to hold one after arriving at the Vietnam International Airport.
This is a much cheaper and simpler option to visit Vietnam. However, it is applicable only for applicants who enter the country via air at Da Nang, Hanoi, and Minh. This facility has 4 kinds of visas:
- Single entry 1-month visa
- Single entry 3 months visa
- Multiple entry 1-month visas
- Multiple entry 3 months visas
Based on the number of times an applicant desires to visit Vietnam, he/she can choose a specific visa type but the fee varies from one to the other.
How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival?
- Step 1: Go to the official Vietnam government website and download the visa application form.
- Step 2: Fill the online form with correct details and these usually include the applicant’s name, birth date, passport number, nationality, arrival date, and visa type. This information has to exactly the way it is in the passport.
- Step 3: Pay the necessary processing fee. Upon doing this, the applicant receives his/her approval letter via e-mail within 1 hour to 2 business days based on the processing that has been chosen.
- Step 4: The approval letter will have the visa application form attached. Both of these need to be printed. Fill the form with accurate details and have two recently taken passport-sized photographs, each of the size 4 × 6 cm. Keep some cash handy for paying the stamp fee (45 USD).
- Step 5: A copy of this approval letter is also sent to all the Vietnam Immigration Checkpoints at every international airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and Da Nang.
- Step 6: Keep all the documents (passport, approval letter, two photos, stamping fee, and Vietnam visa application form) safely, as they will be required to show it to the immigration officer while arriving at the Vietnam Airport.
Note: An online visa is applicable only for applicants who are travelling by air. Individuals who are arriving Vietnam via sea or land should apply for their visas directly from the Vietnam Embassy.
Vietnam Visa Stamping Fee
The stamp fee has to be paid only by cash upon arriving at the Vietnam Airport. The fee details are as follows:
- Single entry visa – 45 USD per person
- Multiple entry visas – 65 USD per person (stay period cannot exceed 30 days)
- Multiple entry visas – 95 USD per person (stay period is more than 30 days but less than 180 days)
- Multiple entry visas – 135 USD per person (stay period that exceeds 6 months)
Note: Upon arrival at the Vietnam International Airport, look for the sign that reads “Landing Visa.” Head to its counter and pick up the visa. Read the information carefully that is given on the visa sticker while getting back the passport.
Vietnam Visa for Indians Application Fee
|Type of Visa||Processing Time|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why should I apply for Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA)?
- Why do I need the Approval Letter?
- How soon can I receive the Approval Letter?
- How do I get the Approval Letter?
- Can I use the VOA to enter Vietnam via Sea?
- Do I need to submit my passport for VOA?
- What is the validity of a VOA?
- Am I allowed to arrive at a different airport with the same VOA?
- Can I apply for Visa on arrival at the airport itself?
VOA is issued and approved by the Vietnam Department of Immigration. The VOA application is not only convenient, but it is the fastest, simplest, and easiest method of obtaining a visa to Vietnam when compared to the offline method.
The visa approval letter is issued and approved by the Immigration Department of Vietnam which will allow you to enter and exit Vietnam within the specified dates. The approval letter will allow you to enter Vietnam from any of the three international airports in Vietnam. Once you arrive at the specified airport, the immigration officer will verify your details based on the approval letter, your passport and other travel documents. Provided that all the details are entered correctly, the officer will stamp your passport with the Vietnam Visa which will allow you to enter and exit Vietnam based on the visa conditions.
Depending on the speed of processing time you have selected during the online application, the approval letter can be issued within few hours or couple of business days. Approval letters are not processed during national and international holidays and weekends (Saturday and Sunday). In case of an emergency during the national and international holidays, applicants can get in touch with the Customer Service team through an email. The airport visa counters at all the three airports operate 24/7. No matter when you arrive at the airport, the approval letter will help you get the VOA almost immediately.
The approval letter in PDF format is sent to the applicant’s registered email ID. While applying for the visa, the applicant needs to ensure that he/she has entered the correct email ID. The PDF file can be accessed with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
No, VOA is only issued for air travel to Vietnam. Visitors arriving at either Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City), or Danang Airport (Da Nang) by an airline are allowed to apply for a VOA. If you are entering Vietnam by land or sea, you will need to follow the offline visa application method.
No, a scanned copy of the passport is not required for the application of VOA, however, when you arrive at any of the three mentioned airports, you will need to provide your passport along with the approval letter and passport size photographs to be eligible for visa stamping on your passport.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival allows the visitors to stay up to 30 days from the date of arrival, however, the validity begins from the intended date of travel. A visitor is allowed to enter Vietnam later than the date of travel mentioned on the application, however, there won’t be any changes to the visa expiry date. In case the visitors wish to stay for a longer duration than the specified 30 days period, he/she must apply for a visa extension.
Yes, as long as you arrive at either Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City), Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi) or Danang Airport (Da Nang), your approval letter will be accepted and you will be provided with the VOA.
No, you need to obtain the approval letter prior to your arrival at the mentioned airports. Additionally, you won’t be able to board any airline without the presence of the approval letter.