A UK Visa will grant a foreigner permissions/credentials to enter the country or leave the country. It includes limits on the duration of the stay, the territories which they may enter, the dates they may enter and the number of permitted visits. There are different types of Visas depending on the nature and duration of stay in the country. The most common type of Visa is the visitor Visa which will allows foreign nationals to visit the country to meet family/friends or to go on a vacation.
Types of UK Visa
- Work Visa
- Study Visa
- Family Visa
- Visitor Visa
List of UK Visa
|S No||Type of Visa||Description|
|1||Work Visa (Tier 1)||Meant for Graduate Entrepreneur, Exceptional Talent, Investor, etc. It also has the following sub types:|
|2||Work Visa (Tier 2)||Tier 2 Visa is granted to individuals who have been offered a skilled job in the UK and if they are from outside of EEA and Switzerland.|
|3||Work Visa (Tier 5)||There are six kinds of Tier 5 Work Visa granted to individuals under categories such as Government Authorized Exchange, Youth Mobility Scheme, Creating Sporting Visas, Charity Worker, Religious Worker and International agreement.|
|4||UK Study Visa||An individual can apply for Tier 4 Student Visa to study in UK if they are over 18 years. It is important that the student has been offered a place on a course in one of the recognized universities of the country.|
|5||UK Family Visa||UK Visa is granted to individuals who wish to visit their families in UK and stay or settle down with them for a while. There are different Visas under this category too.|
|6||UK Visitor Visa||UK Visitor Visa allows an individual to enter UK on a tour, vacation or sightseeing. There are different categories under the Visitor Visa.|
Work Visa - This is the type of UK Visa that consists of the most number of sub categories. Listed below are the sub categories under Work Visa.
- Tier 1- Tier 1 Visa is granted to Entrepreneurs, Graduate entrepreneurs, individuals who wish to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK and individual who fulfil the eligibility for exceptional talent.
- Tier 2 - Tier 2 visa is granted to individuals who have a work permit to work in the country, or work in a company that is in the UK which also sponsors the visa.
- Tier 5 - There are different sub categories under Tier 5 Visa:
- Tier 5 (Government Authorized Exchange) - An individual can apply for this Visa if they intend to work in the UK for a short period of time to gain work experience or to involve in some sort of training.
- Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) - One can apply for the Youth Mobility Scheme Visa if they want to work in UK for up to 2 years and are aged between 18 to 30 and have a certain amount of savings.
- Tier 5 (Charity Worker) - One can apply for this Visa if they wish to do unpaid voluntary work for charity and are from outside of EEA and Switzerland.
- Tier 5 (Religious Worker) - One can apply for a Tier 5 Religious Worker Visa if they wish to do religious work or work in a religious order.
- Tier 5 (International Agreement) - One can apply for a Tier 5 International Agreement if they are contracted to do work covered by international law while in the UK.
Study Visa - A Study Visa is granted to individuals who wish to study in any of the recognized universities in the UK. Applicants can apply for this visa if they are over 16 years old and have been accepted by any of the recognized universities in the UK. It is important that the student has enough finance to pay for the course and support themselves during the course of the stay.
Family Visa - A Family visa is granted to individuals who visit the country with the intent of meeting their family who reside in the UK. One can avail the family V visa to stay for 6 months or more with their family in the UK. Family Visa is divided into the following subcategories:
- Unmarried Partners
Visitor Visa - A Visitor Visa is granted to individuals who want to visit the country on a vacation , for sightseeing or to attend an event. Listed below are the sub-categories under the Visitor Visa category:
- Marriage Visitor Visa - One can apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa if one wants to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK.
- Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visa - One can apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 child Visa if the child attends an independent fee paying day school in the UK.
- Permitted Paid Engagement Visa - One can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa if he/she wants to come to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored under the points-based visa system.
- Short Term Study Visa - One can apply for a short term Visa if they are doing a short course of study in the UK.
- Standard Visitor Visa - One can apply for a Standard Visitor Visa if they want to visit the UK for leisure or on business.