- Define eVisa?
An eVisa is an official document that allows enter to a country and permission to travel within that country. It is an alternative to regular visas that are issued by the Embassy of different nations and visa-on-arrival. eVisa can be obtained online after submitting required details and making payments. While applying for a Turkish eVisa, the payment can be made online using a debit/credit card or Union Pay.
eVisa is sent to applicants by email. At the port of entry, they might have to show a soft copy or hard copy of their eVisa.
- What are the benefits of eVisa?
The benefits of eVisa are as follows:
- Unlike other visas, eVisa can be obtained online from any part of the world. People only need an internet connection to apply for this type of visa.
- It saves a lot of time and money of the applicant.
- Who can apply for a Turkish eVisa?
Citizens of the following countries can apply for a Turkish eVisa:
|Botswana||Antigua and Barbuda||Bhutan||Benin|
|Chad||Belgium||Central African Republic||Cape Verde|
|Congo, the Democratic Republic of the||Dominican Republic||Congo, Republic of the||Comoros|
|Equatorial Guinea||Gabon||Egypt||East Timor|
|Greek Cypriot Administration of Southern Cyprus||Hong Kong||Ghana||Gambia|
|Sierra Leone||Mexico||Senegal||Saudi Arabia|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Solomon Islands||Saint Lucia||Rwanda|
|Swaziland||São Tomé and Príncipe||Suriname||Sudan|
|Vanuatu||Vietnam||United Kingdom||United Arab Emirates|
- What documents do I need to apply for a Turkish eVisa?
You need the following documents to apply for a Turkish eVisa:
- Travel document that is valid for a minimum of 6 months, starting from the day you plan to enter Turkey.
- You may be asked to submit other documents depending on the country you are a citizen of. You will be informed about the same after you select your country and travel dates.
- What do I do in case of a change in travel dates?
In case of a change in travel dates, you have to apply for a new eVisa.
- Is it mandatory to enter Turkey on the date I have mentioned in my visa application?
No, it is not mandatory to enter Turkey on the date you have mentioned in your visa application. Your visa validity period will start from the date mentioned in your application and you can enter the country anytime during your eVisa validity period.
- How do I know that my information is safe?
Any information that you provide during your visa application is safe as the Government of Turkey do not sell this information to any third party or use it for commercial purposes. Every stage of the visa application process is secured by high-end security systems. The barcode on eVisa is encrypted and electronically signed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey. The applicant is responsible for soft and hard copy of eVisa.
- I have other people travelling with me to Turkey. Do I apply for a separate eVisa for them?
If you have other people travelling with you to Turkey, then yes, you have to apply for a separate eVisa for each of them.
- Can Indians avail a multi-entry eVisa?
No, Indians cannot avail a multi-entry eVisa. This eVisa is available only to the citizens of the following countries:
|Antigua and Barbuda||Australia||Austria||Armenia|
|Estonia||Haiti||Hong Kong (BN(O))||Grenada|
|South Africa||U.S.A||United Arab Emirates||Spain|
|Portugal||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Saudi Arabia||Saint Lucia|
- I have not used my eVisa. Will I get a refund?
No, if you have not used your eVisa, you will not get a refund.
- My eVisa details do not match with my passport. Can I still enter Turkey using this eVisa?
No, if your eVisa details do not match with your passport, then your eVisa will be invalid. You will have to apply for a new eVisa.
- What do I do if I want to stay in Turkey longer than the duration permitted by my eVisa?
If you want to stay in Turkey longer than the duration permitted by your eVisa, then you have to apply for a residence permit at a local police station. eVisa is only given for trade and tourism purposes. For any other type of visa, people have to submit an application to the Turkish Consulates or Embassies. In case of overstay in Turkey, you may be deported, banned from entering the country for some time or pay fines.
- I do not have a debit or credit card. Can I pay the visa fee using other modes of payment?
eVisa fee can be paid using Visa, UnionPay and MasterCard debit or credit cards only. You cannot use any other mode of payment. One benefit is that the card can be in someone else’s name.
- What do I do if I want to correct the information mentioned on my eVisa?
If you want to correct the information mentioned on your eVisa, then you have to apply for another eVisa.
- How will I receive my eVisa?
You will see a link to download eVisa if your application is successful. It will also be sent to you via email.
- What do I do if the eVisa system says that my application cannot be processed?
If your eVisa system says that your application cannot be processed, then you have to visit the nearest Turkish Consulate or Embassy regarding the same.
- Will my eVisa fee be refunded if my eVisa application is rejected?
The fee is charged only for approved eVisa applications. So, you do not have to worry about refund in case your application is rejected.
- By when should I apply for an eVisa?
You can apply for an eVisa any time before your travel date. It is advisable to apply for an eVisa at least 48 hours before your travel.
- How do I get an update about the visa application that I made at the Turkish Embassy or Consulate?
To get an update about the visa application that you made at the Turkish Embassy or Consulate, you have to contact the Turkish Embassy or Consulate. You cannot check it through the eVisa support system.
- Will I get a refund if my eVisa becomes invalid because the information on my eVisa is wrong?
No, you will not get a refund if your eVisa becomes invalid because the information on your eVisa is wrong.
- I am unable to pay my eVisa fee. What do I do?
If you are unable to pay your eVisa fee, please do the following:
- Check if the card is a Visa/UnionPay/MasterCard credit/debit card.
- Check if the card has 3D secure system and allows international payments.
If your card has both the above, then try making the payment at a different time. If it still doesn’t work, try using a different debit/credit card. If you are still unable to pay, then contact your bank or eVisa support desk for further assistance.
- Can I apply for Visa-on-Arrival in case I don’t want to apply for an eVisa?
Indian citizens cannot apply for a Visa on Arrival in case they don’t want to apply for an eVisa. Only citizens of the following countries can get a Visa-on-Arrival:
|Antigua and Barbuda||Australia||Armenia||Austria|
|Hong Kong (BN(O))||Ireland||Indonesia||Jamaica|
|Estonia||Grenada||Greek Cypriot Administration of Southern Cyprus||Haiti|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||U.S.A||Spain||United Kingdom|
- Where do I enter my middle name in the eVisa application form as there is no separate section for it?
You can enter your middle name right after your name in the ‘Given Name(s) section. Insert a space between both the names.
- Is it possible to have different addresses on the eVisa and payment receipts?
No, it is not possible to have different addresses on the eVisa and payment receipts.
- Do I need to apply for an eVisa if I enter on a cruise ship?
According to Turkish Law, foreigners who arrive at seaports and intend to visit the seaport city and nearby provinces for tourism purposes do not need a visa if their stay is not more than 72 hours.
- I am traveling with my child and he/she is included in my passport. Do I still apply for a separate eVisa for him/her?
Yes, if you are traveling with your child who is included in your passport, then you have to apply for a separate eVisa for him/her.
- What is the fee for availing an eVisa?
The fee for availing an eVisa depends on the country you are a citizen of.
- What is the validity period of my eVisa?
The validity period of eVisa depends on the country you are a citizen of. It is not the same for everyone.
- How many people can be included in family eVisa application?
In family eVisa application, a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 people can be included.
- I am not going to leave the international transit area. Do I still have to apply for a Turkish eVisa?
If you are not going to leave the international transit area, then no, you do not have to apply for a Turkish eVisa.
- What is the eligibility criteria for family application?
The eligibility criteria for family application is mentioned below:
- All applicants must be from the same country.
- Their travel documents should be same type.
- The arrival date should be the same.
- Every member should abide by the eVisa rules.
- How many people can be included in a group eVisa application?
In a group eVisa application, a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 300 applicants can be included.