Italy provides sports visa to amateur and professional sports person, adjudicators, and judges who want to travel to Italy to take part in any sport events in their field. The sports visa is a short-term visa. The passport that is submitted for this type of visa should be valid for at least 6 months from the time of travel.
Sports Visa Fee
Each visa application is charged with visa fee and VFS service charges. The visa fee details are mentioned below:
|Visa Type||Fee (in Euros)||Fee (in Rupees)|
|Categories A, B, or C||€ 80||Rs.6936|
|Categories A, B, or C (applicants between the ages of 6 to 12)||€ 40||Rs.3468|
|Applicants under the age of 6||€ 0||Rs.0|
In addition to the visa fees, the applicant must pay the VFS service charge of Rs.799 (payable in cash online, debit/credit card) which is inclusive of Goods and Service Tax – SGST@9% and CGST@9%.
The visa fee must be paid by demand draft made out to ‘VFS GLOBAL SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED’ and should be payable in the city where you submit your application. Per applicant, only one banking instrument will be approved.
Alternatively, applicants who are applying at VFS Delhi, Jaipur, Jalandhar, and Chandigarh will be able to pay their visa fees in cash, debit card, or credit card. For this a convenience fee of Rs.166 (inclusive of Goods and Service Tax – SGST@9% and CDST@9%) would be charged per application.
Note: If the Embassy of Italy rejects your application or if you withdraw your application while it is being processed at the Embassy of Italy in New Delhi, the visa fee and service expenses will not be returned.
The required documents to apply for a sports visa for Italy are mentioned below:
- Duly filled application form
- Passport (issued within the last decade)
- Applicant passport photocopy
- One passport-sized phot (white background)
- Overseas medical insurance with a minimum of Euro 30,000 in coverage
- Reservation or booking for a return flight
- Covering and detailing letter from the Indian Sport Organization listing all visa applicants' names, describing the purpose of the trip, length of stay, and the travel itinerary. OR covering letter from the Ministry of Youth and Sport, containing all applicant’s name and describing the length of stay, cost coverage, and purpose of the trip, etc.
- Italian Sport Organization invitation letter
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence
- A confirmed hotel reservation or a letter of support from the Italian organisation in this regard
- If the participant is under the age of 18, an affidavit signed by both parents granting their authorization to travel abroad done by a public notary
Photo Specifications for Visa Application
The photo required for the visa application should meet the below mentioned requirements:
- Photo should not be mora than 6 months old
- Color photograph
- The photo should be taken against a light background (white or off-white) to make the features stand out and contrast with the background.
- With the face in focus and a clear share quality.
- Normal photographic print
- Full face, non-smiling (without a hat/cap, sunglasses or other head covering, unless the applicant uses them due to their religious belief or ethnic origin).
How to Download the Application Form
The Visa Applicant must thoroughly fill out and sign the Visa Application Form. To download the application form, follow the simple steps given below:
- Step 1: Open the official VFS website
- Step 2: Next, click the ‘Apply Visa’ tab on the homepage
- Step 3: Then choose the ‘Visa Type’ button
- Step 4: From this section, choose ‘Sports Visa’
- Step 5: Click the link to open the form
- Step 6: then download the form to your computer
FAQs on Sports Visa for Italy
Is medical insurance really necessary to apply for Italy’s sports visa?
Yes, a medical insurance is really necessary to apply for Italy’s sports visa.
Will the visa fee and service expenses be refunded to my account if my visa application gets rejected?
No, you will not get a refund of visa fee and service expenses if your visa application gets rejected.
Should my passport size phot match the requirements given by the Embassy?
Yes, your photo should be as per the requirements. Else, the Embassy will not accept your form.