A popular investment visa program for Greece is the Golden Visa. The visa is provided to non-EU citizens who contribute significantly to the Greek economy. Various investment options are available for individuals who wish to obtain a Greece Golden Visa.
The different investment options that are available are given below:
- Invest 800,000 Euros in government or corporate bonds.
- Deposit 400,000 Euros at a bank in Greece.
- Invest 400,000 Euros in shares or bonds of investment companies (real estate).
- Invest 400,000 Euros in Greek government bonds.
- Minimum capital investment of 400,000 Euros in a company that is registered in the country.
- Enter into a lease deal with a tourist establishment or hotel for a minimum period of 10 years.
- Buy real estate property for at least 250,000 Euros.
The main benefits of a Greek Golden Visa are mentioned below:
- Healthcare can be accessed in Greece.
- Education can be accessed in Greece.
- After staying in the country for seven years, you can apply for citizenship.
- In case you own property in the country, it can be rented out.
The eligibility criteria that must be met in order to apply for a Greece Golden Visa are mentioned below:
- A company that operates in Greece must provide health insurance.
- Sizeable investment must be made in the country.
- You should not have any criminal records in the country that you are living in.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
The list of documents that must be submitted to apply for a Greece Golden Visa are mentioned below:
- Funds proof.
- Health insurance proof that has been obtained in Greece.
- Payment of the necessary government fees.
- Valid passport.
- Passport-size photograph.
- Application form.
- Depending on the investment you are making, additional documents will need to be submitted as well.
The Greece Golden Visa comes with a validity period of 5 years. However, until the investment is maintained, the visa can be renewed.
Process to Apply
The procedure to apply for a Greece Golden Visa is mentioned below:
- You will need to visit the Consulate or Embassy and submit the Greek National Visa application form.
- Enter the country and ensure the investment is finalised.
- Collect and submit the relevant documents for a Greece Golden Visa.
- Once the application form has been processed, biometric information must be provided in Greece.
- A Greece Golden Visa will be provided with a validity period of five years.