According to the agreement, the Finland visa on arrival option is not enabled for Indian passport holders but as of December 6, 2017, Indian Diplomatic Passport holders who desire to travel to Finland will no longer require its visa. To understand and learn more about the Finnish visa, read the article further.
Finland Visa On Arrival
Since there is no option of “visa on arrival” for Indian citizens, it is mandatory to apply for the applicants to apply for a visa before entering Finland or any other country that falls under the Schengen contract. Before applying, make sure to comprehend the “purpose of visit,” as that’s the most important part where most applicants get stuck at.
Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a Finland visa varies from the type an applicant chooses.
- For a Finland business visa, it takes at least 3 – 5 working days for the application to process.
- For a Finland tourist visa, it takes at least 15 – 20 days for the application to process.
- For friends and family visa, it takes at least 15 – 21 days for the application to process.
Finland Schengen Visa Requirements
Based on the reason to travel to Finland, visas can be classified into different types. Whether it is touring, studying, residing, or working, there are separate visa categories. The requirements for a Finland visa application are as follows:
- A duly filled and signed visa application form, which includes all the correct and true details of the applicant. The form can either be downloaded and filled or it can be completed electronically and then taking a hard copy.
- Two recently taken passport-sized photographs, each on a light or white background.
- A copy of the previous visas and the passport (valid for 3 months after the return date). The passport should have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of return flight tickets with flight numbers and dates. Avoid booking the air tickets before acquiring a visa.
- A medical travel visa insurance that has a minimum coverage of €30,000 within Finland as well as the whole Schengen area.
- A proper cover letter that states the visit purpose to Finland along with the itinerary.
- A copy of accommodation that serves as a proof of how long and where an applicant is going to stay in Finland.
- A copy of civil status (birth certificate of kids, marriage certificate, spouse’s death certificate, or ration card).
- A copy of financial statements that serve as a proof of stay duration and if or not the applicant can afford it.
For A Employed
- Income tax certificate or ITR (Income Tax Return) form that is deducted from the salary source.
- A copy of bank statements for the last six months.
- A copy of employment contract.
- A copy of leave letter that is approved by the employer.
For A Self-Employed
- A copy of the company’s bank statements for the last six months.
- A copy of ITR (Income Tax Return).
- A copy of the business license.
For A Student
- A copy of the enrollment paper that serves as a proof that the applicant has planned to study in that university.
- A copy of No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the respective university or school.
Note: The mandatory documents listed above have to be attached to the visa application. The entire documents have to be personally handed over to the respective consulate/embassy or its officer in the applicant’s home country.
Apart from the basic documentation required, an applicant might be asked to submit a few other documents based on the type of Finnish visa he/she applies.
Additional Documents For Finland Visa Application
1. For Tourist Visa:
- Copies of the first and last page of the passport.
- A copy of bank statements for the last six months.
- An invitation letter that includes the applicant’s name, address, contact number of a family member/sponsor.
2. For Business Visa:
- An invitation/request letter from the actual Finnish company/organization that an applicant is going to visit. The letter should include the applicant’s name and his/her detailed address along with the visit dates.
- An authorized certificate from the employer allowing/stating his/her business travel.
- A copy of bank statements of the business for the last six months.
- In case of past trade relationships between both the companies, a proof is required of such specific events.
- Certified and original Memorandum & Article of Association Trade License and Partnership/Proprietorship documents.
- The Employer or Partner Company has to state the applicant’s expenses in the invitation letter while staying at the Schengen region.
3. For Medical Visa:
- An attested medical certificate from the respective doctor or hospital in Finland stating the applicant’s date of appointment and his/her medical condition.
- A medical report from the local hospital or doctor.
- A copy of the payment receipt of the medical fees.
4. For Sports, Cultural, Religious, Or Film Crew Visa:
- A copy of the applicant names (if it is a crew).
- A copy of the stay duration and schedule.
- A copy of travel itinerary.
- An invitation letter from the respective authorities that provides details about the visit purpose, expense coverage, and the list of activities or events.
5. For Official Delegations:
- A copy of applicant’s identity.
- A copy of the official invitation letter.
- Journey purpose (meetings, negotiations, consultations, events of the intergovernmental organizations).
- Stay duration along with a plan.
- A copy of hotel accommodation.
6. For Training, Study, Research, Or Internships:
- Financial sustenance.
- A copy of courses attended or course completion certificate(s).
- A copy of enrollment certificate that allows attendance of course(s).
7. For Husband/Wife Of Finnish Citizen:
- A copy of Finnish family records.
- A copy of Finnish marriage certificate.
- A copy of Finnish citizenship (consular card/naturalization certificate/ID card/certification from the Finnish nationality).
8. For Transit Visa Via Air:
- A copy of the valid visa until the applicant’s final destination.
- Visa or any other entry permit into the respective transit country.
9. For Under-Aged Children:
- A copy of parent’s fixed income or a copy of bank statements.
- A copy of notarized permission for travel from the parent.
Finland Visa Fees
|Visa Type||Visa Fees In INR||Visa Fees In Euro|
|Children from 6 – 12 years||2,500||35|
|Visa Facilitation Service Charges||1,415||-|