A Youth Mobility Visa, or a Tier 5 visa, as it is also called, enables individuals to gain entry and work in the United Kingdom in a variety of different situations. Individuals who come from one of the countries that are listed under the Youth Mobility Scheme can enter the United Kingdom without having a job offer as opposed to the other categories that fall under the Tier 5 visa, such as Government Authorised Exchange, Charity Workers Scheme, International Agreement, Creative and Sporting Scheme, etc., where individuals are required to possess a job offer from a licensed sponsor in addition to passing a points-based assessment.
The Youth Mobility Scheme is an ideal solution for the youth who are looking forward to residing and finding employment in the United Kingdom. Individuals from participating countries, such as Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Canada, Monaco and Japan, are eligible for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visas. Each year, the government of the United Kingdom allots a particular number of seats for each country, and following are the allocated places for each participating nation:
- Australia: 32,500 places
- New Zealand: 10,000 places
- Taiwan: 1,000 places
- Canada: 5,000 places
- Monaco: 1,000 places
- Japan: 1,000 places
- Should be a citizen of Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Canada, Monaco or Japan.
- Should be at least 18 years old and not older than 30 years when applying for the visa.
- Should have a minimum of GBP 1,890 in available funds when applying for the visa.
- Should make an application for the visa outside the United Kingdom or from a nation where he / she holds valid citizenship or a valid visa that allows him / her to work / reside there.
- Application form (to be downloaded from the internet)
- Recent passport-sized colour photograph
- Proof of available funds (official bank statement or a letter from your bank including your name, date, account number, and balance more than GBP 1,890 printed on the bank’s letterhead and stamped)
- Valid passport that will last for the duration of the individual’s visa period.
- Completed HIS Healthcare form along with a receipt of the paid fee of up to GBP 300 for two years in the United Kingdom
Process to Apply for Youth Mobility Visa
To start applying for a Youth Mobility Visa, the first step is to fill out the online application form. The form is simple and straightforward and requests you to enter personal details. Once you have completed the form, you will have a choice to select the date on which you wish for your visa to begin. It is important to remember that the date on which you wish for your visa to commence must be at least three months before the date on which you submit your application for a Youth Mobility Visa, so if you plan on arriving in the United Kingdom on the 1st of November, your application must be submitted before the 1st of August.
After you have completed filling out the online application form, you will have the option to select a time to attend the biometric appointment which will be conducted to that the authorities can get a copy of your fingerprints to use for identification purposes when you arrive in the United Kingdom on your Youth Mobility Visa. The whole process will take between 30 and 45 minutes, and you will have to carry the documents required on your person.