The Dhanlaxmi Bank is one of the oldest banks in India, established in the year 1927 in Kerala. The bank has always strived to deliver the highest quality service in the banking and financial sector to its customers, and it is this mission that has driven it over its 89 years. What started out as a single branch in Thrissur, Kerala, has grown into a banking giant in India, with over 280 branches spread across the country. The bank continues to stay true to its core customer base, which are the agriculturists, traders, and economically weak sections of society.
Dhanlaxmi Bank Savings Accounts assure its customers security as well as the best interest rates, making it the preferred choice for those looking to earn from their savings. The different types of savings accounts the bank offers ensures there is an account that will suit the needs of every customer.
Opening a Dhanlaxmi Bank Savings Account
Opening a savings account with Dhanlaxmi Bank can be done in a series of simple and quick steps. Customers wishing to apply for a savings account with the bank can visit their website and click on the “Personal Banking” tab and select “Savings Account” from the drop down menu. Once they select the type of savings account they wish to apply for, they have to just click on “Apply”, after which they will be directed to a page where they have to provide basic information about themselves. A representative from the bank would then get in touch with the individual regarding the particular account.
Customers can also choose to visit a branch and fill out the new account opening form. They will have to submit the form, duly filled out, with the required documents at the branch.
Dhanlaxmi Bank Rate of Interest
Dhanlaxmi Bank offers attractive interest rates for its Savings Accounts. Account holders stand to receive 4% per annum for their Savings Accounts.
Types of Dhanlaxmi Bank Savings Accounts
Dhanam Vanitha Savings Account: Every woman can secure her financial future with the Dhanam Vanitha Savings Account, which provides account holders with a range of facilities and features such as free internet and phone banking services, as well as a POS limit of Rs. 75,000 a day. If the account balance crosses RS. 25, 000, the bank will convert the amount into Fixed Deposits, further increasing revenue from the account. All this for a monthly average balance maintenance of Rs. 500.
Dhanam Preferred Savings Account: This account, which can be opened by individuals, trusts, societies as well in a minor’s name, offers its account holders an ATM withdrawal limit of Rs. 50, 000 a day, along with easy access to cash through its vast branch network. Ass an account holder, you will be eligible for 5 free NEFT and RTGS money transfers in a month and cash withdrawals as well as deposits of up to Rs. 1, 00, 000 a day at non base branches.
Dhanam + and ++ Savings Accounts: With the Dhanam + and ++ account, you get the benefit of a term deposit with your savings account, making for good dividends coupled with convenience. You are eligible for term deposits that are flexible. The interest on eligible units would be paid out based on the existing term deposit rates. Account holders will also receive a free cheque book.
Dhanam Basic Savings Account: This is a no-frills, zero balance account that is aimed at providing all customers access to banking facilities like deposits and withdrawals. There is no minimum balance and account holders will receive a debit card and free withdrawals from both Dhanlaxmi as well as other banks’ ATMs. This account can be opened by an individual or held jointly, but cannot be opened by NRIs.
Dhanam Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account-Small: This account is available to all customers and is a zero balance account, making banking accessible to everyone. The account does not have any maintenance charges and holders can apply through KYC norms. This account can be opened by individuals singly and jointly by minors with a guardian only. The balance for this account cannot be above Rs. 50, 000 at any point of time.
Dhanam Yuvak Savings Account: This account has been designed for youth between the ages of 18 and 35 years, to encourage them to save and secure their financial future. Account holders will have access to all premier banking facilities such as netbanking, NEFT and RTGS (through net banking), phone banking, ECS charges, email alerts and e-statements at no charge. They will also be eligible for a debit or credit card and can avail of any branch banking free of charge.
Dhanam Premium Savings Account: Enjoy the perks and privileges associated with the Dhanam Premium account, where individuals, trusts, societies, clubs and associations will be eligible for unlimited transactions at any ATMs for no charge, in addition to 10 free NEFT and RTGS transactions each per month.
Dhaman Privilege Savings Account: With the Dhanam Privilege account, account holders can make withdrawals of up to Rs. 50, 000 and enjoy a POS limit of Rs. 1, 00, 000 per day. Fund transfers through NEFT and RTGS are also free of charge, and holders receive a personalised cheque book every quarter at no charge.
Smart Salary Savings Account: Targeted at salaried employees, this account provides them with benefits like 2 free pay orders and 5 free NEFT and RTGS each services from the branch per month. All this without having to maintain an average monthly balance. Holders can also avail of a debit card and make unlimited non-cash transactions at any bank.
Regular Savings Account: This account provides account holders with ease of access and quality service through the bank’s pan-India branches. Account holders will enjoy doorstep banking facility and free non-cash transactions at any bank.
Established in the year 1927 in Kerala, the Dhanlaxmi Bank is one of the oldest banks in the country whose focus has always been on benefiting the agricultural, local traders and weaker sections of society. Recently, the bank launched the Dhanam Genius Scheme to raise awareness amongst parents to save for the future of their child, be it for their education, marriage, etc.
Eligibility criteria for the Dhanam Genius Scheme:
- Parents and guardians opening a Dhanam Genius account on behalf of their child should be residents of India.
- Parents or guardians can open a Dhanam Genius for their child who is between the ages of 10 years to 23 years.
Features of the Dhanam Genius Scheme:
- The minimum balance that has to be maintained in a Dhanam Genius savings account is Rs.500.
- Parents can opt for the sweep in/out facility. To carry out a sweep in/out, the minimum balance of the week should be Rs.5,000.
- To facilitate the automatic sweep in/out facility into a fixed deposit, which has a maximum tenure of 30 days, a minimum balance of Rs.1,000 has to be maintained in the account.
- A one-time charge of Rs.200 is charged for a personalised ATM card, which comes with one’s passport photograph.
- After that, there is no annual maintenance charge for one’s ATM debit card.
- Customers are allowed two free RTGS or NEFT transfers a month.
- Two free Demand Drafts and POS per month are free as well.
- The daily withdrawal limit is Rs.5,000.
- The daily POS (Point of Sale) limit is Rs.5,000.
Minimum Balance Requirements for Dhanlaxmi Bank Savings Accounts
Given below are the minimum balance amounts for the Savings Accounts offered by Dhanlaxmi Bank.
|Savings Account||Minimum Balance requirement (monthly)|
|Dhanam Vanitha||Rs. 500|
|Dhanam Preferred||Rs. 5, 000|
|Dhanam + and ++||Rs. 5, 000|
|DHanam Basic Savings||Nil|
|Dhanam Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account-Small||Nil|
|Dhanam Yuvak||Rs. 1, 000|
|Dhanam Premium||Rs. 10, 000|
|Dhanam Privilege||Rs. 25, 000|
|Smart Salary Savings Account||Nil|
|Regular Savings Account||Rs. 1, 000|
Eligibility Criteria for Dhanlaxmi Bank Savings Accounts
Indian citizens can apply for Dhanlaxmi Bank Savings Accounts, including NRIs, unless specifically stated. The savings accounts have an eligibility criteria as listed below, unless specified otherwise:
- Individuals above the age of 18 (singly or joint accounts)
- Clubs and associations
- Societies and trusts
- Minors can also apply, through a guardian/ parent
Documents Requirements for Dhanlaxmi Bank Savings Accounts
The following documents are required to open a Savings Account at Dhanlaxmi Bank:
- Passport sized photograph
- Proof of identity
- Proof of Residence
Proof of Identity Documents: Any one of the below mentioned documents can be submitted by residents of India along with the application form:
- Valid passport
- Valid and permanent driving license
- Valid debit or credit card with a photo issued by a bank
- Voter’s ID card
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) card
- Valid government organization issued documents with a photo
Proof of Residence Documents: Mentioned below are the documents that can be submitted for proof of residence along with the application form:
- Valid passport
- Ration card
- Utility bills such as electricity, gas, mobile phone, telephone. The bills should be recent (not older than 3 months).
- Most recent life insurance premium receipt.
- For tenants, a registered Leave and License Agreement.
In the case of joint account holders, both the applicant as well as the co-applicant have to furnish the above set of documents.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam Vanitha Savings Account
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam Preferred Savings Account
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam + and ++ Savings Accounts
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam Basic Savings Account
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account-Small
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam Yuvak Savings Account
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam Premium Savings Account
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Smart Salary Savings Account
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Regular Savings Account
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Mobile Banking
- Saving Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- Post Office Savings Account
- Saving Account Interest Rate
- Savings Account For Women
- Savings Account Gold Monetization Scheme
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- HDFC Net Banking
- Kotak Net Banking
- PNB Net Banking
- Axis Bank Net Banking
- Canara Net Banking
- Bank of Baroda Net Banking
- IndusInd Net Banking
- YES Net Banking
- ICICI Net Banking
- SBI Mobile Banking
- HDFC Mobile Banking
- ICICI Mobile Banking
- Axis Bank Mobile Banking
- HSBC Bank Mobile Banking
- IndusInd Mobile Banking
- Citibank Mobile Banking
- PNB Mobile Banking
- YES Mobile Banking
- Kotak Mobile Banking
- IDBI Mobile Banking
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Mobile Banking
- Steps to Develop a Healthy Saving Habit
- Which Type of Account Is Usually the Most Liquid?
- Does Your Returns Get Affected by Auto Sweep Accounts?
- Banking Mistakes You Cannot Afford to Make
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- NRE Savings Account v/s NRO Savings Account
- Should I Go for One Bank or Many When it Comes to Keeping my Accounts
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account – Things To Remember
- Savings Bank Accounts v/s Current Accounts
- Top 7 Smart Money Saving Tips
- Top 8 Money Management Tips Even During Job Loss