It is important for customers holding an account - especially a savings account - to keep a track of the balance in their account. By doing so, customers firstly will be able to maintain the minimum average monthly balance requirement, and avoid the penalty for non-maintenance as well as know the funds in their account. Customers have to also check their account balance to see if there is any fraudulent activity - resulting in money being debited for no known reason by the account holder. While Indian Bank customers can check their account balance via the online banking facility and the mobile app of Indian Bank, for those customers that do not have internet connection when they wish to check their account balance, they can choose to check their balance through the missed call facility. For this, the customer has to first ensure that his/her mobile number is registered with Indian Bank. Provided that their mobile number is registered with the bank, all that the customer has to do to check their balance is to give a missed call to the number mentioned below. As soon as the customer has given the bank number a missed call, the bank will send an SMS to the customer with the balance in one’s account.
Steps to check Indian Bank account balance through the missed call facility
Customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to know their account balance through the missed call facility:
- The customer has to first register his/her number with Indian Bank.
- Following the registration, the customer has to call Indian Bank at 09289592895.
- As soon as the customer has made the missed call, the bank will send an SMS to his/her registered mobile number stating the balance in one’s account.
1. Does Indian Bank charge customers for using the missed call facility to check their account balance?
No, since it is just a missed call, there are no call charges for using the service. In fact, neither does Indian Bank have any charges for the service. All that the customer has to do is to register their mobile number with the bank.
2. What are the other options apart from the missed call facility to check my Indian Bank account balance for free?
Apart from the missed call facility rolled out by Indian Bank, customers can make use of the SMS facility, the online banking facility and the mobile app of Indian Bank to check their account balance for free. In addition, Indian Bank customers can also check their account balance at any ATM.
3. Is it possible to check the account balance of another Indian Bank customer? My mobile number is registered with Indian Bank.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to check the balance of another Indian Bank customer using your registered mobile number. Since the bank will respond to the registered mobile number linked to the bank account, one can know only the balance of his/her own account and not of someone else.
4. How can I register my mobile number with Indian Bank?
You can register your mobile number by visiting the Indian Bank home branch, filling in the application to link your mobile to your account and submit it at the Indian Bank branch holding your account. In addition, customer can even register or update their mobile number at any Indian Bank.
5. How will I know if my mobile number is registered with Indian Bank and linked to my account?
As soon as you have registered your mobile number with Indian Bank, they will send you a notification message that your mobile has been registered with them and linked to the bank account of your choice. In addition, for every transaction made from the bank account you have linked the mobile number to, the bank will send you a notification message - for every credit and debit. In short, having your mobile linked with your account basically gives you the advantage of keeping a track of your finances efficiently, as you would be notified of every credit and debit using your account.