In order to get a fancy number for a two-wheeler in India, the applicant should comply with the formal process. This varies between states in the country.
- Some states have e-auctions through which you can procure the desired fancy number.
- Other states have auctions that physically take place at the RTOs.
- The applicant should also pay a registration fee and deposit for the fancy number.
Being the owner of a two-wheeler can mean a lot of things to a person. For many, a two-wheeler is just a mode to commute, for many others, it is more than a commuting machine. There are people who do not mind spending that extra amount of money to make their vehicle even more special by purchasing a bike number that conveys a certain message about who they are and how they want the world to look at them. However, the biggest challenge is to be able to get the number you really crave for. A lot of people may have their eyes on the same number that you desperately seek to enhance the value of your vehicle. This is why it is important to know the right process to apply for a VIP number in India.
A few years ago when someone purchased a vehicle, they were given several available vehicle registration numbers to choose from. The same is not the case today. If you wish to get a particular two wheeler registration number, there is a specific process to apply for the same depending on the state in India where you wish to register your vehicle. The process is not uniform all across India. Many states in the country conduct e-auctions to sell special bike numbers while in other states, the auctions takes place at the RTOs.
Elements of A Vehicle Registration Number
The letters and numbers used in a vehicle registration number indicate certain details of the vehicle. The two initial letters in the registration number represent the Indian state in which the vehicle is registered. For example, MH for Maharashtra, KA for Karnataka, DL for Delhi, AP for Andhra Pradesh, and others. The next two numbers after the state code represent the code for a particular RTO that functions under the state government. The next 4 numbers in your registration plate are the registration number of your two-wheeler. The vehicle number can be anything in the band of 0001 to 9999. Once all the registration numbers in the range are allocated, an extra alphabet is attached to the number and the same series of numbers is used again.
Availability of VIP Vehicle Registration Numbers
The state transport authorities usually keep certain numbers from the range of 0001 to 9999 as reserved numbers which cannot be availed through the usual vehicle registration process. In the regular two-wheeler registration process, a number is generated through a computerised system and the vehicle owner does not have a say in it. All VIP registration numbers are blocked in the system and the applicant must apply for a special number through a specific process as applicable in the respective state. The transport authority usually releases the list of available numbers online or you may check for the availability of your desired number on the state road transport website by entering your vehicle and location details.
You may like to read:
Fees And Registration Charges
In most cases, the applicant of a special two-wheeler number has to pay a certain registration fee and deposit the base price for the desired number as caution money. Once the number is assigned to a person, they must pay the remaining amount at the RTO within a specific frame of time. Failing to do the same will result in cancellation of the application. While the caution money is refundable, the registration charges are not refundable.
Based on the respective number allotment process in a particular state, a two-wheeler number will be assigned to the applicant. The applicant will be intimated by the RTO to pay the remaining sum and claim their number. If the applicant fails to pay the amount in a specific time-frame, their application will be cancelled and the number will be put back in the series of available fancy numbers.
Lists of Two Wheeler Fancy Numbers in India
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In Delhi?
- How To Get Fancy Two Wheeler Number In Chennai?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In Mumbai?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In India?
- How To Get A Fancy Two Wheeler Number In Tamilnadu?
- Fancy Number For Bike Puducherry
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In Chhattisgarh?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In Haryana?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In Madhya Pradesh?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In Maharashtra?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In Odisha?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Bike In Bhopal?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Two Wheeler In Lucknow?
- How To Get Fancy Number For Bike In Amaravati?
- How To Get Vip Two Wheeler Number In Karnataka?
- How To Get Vip Number For Your Two Wheeler In Bangalore?
- How To Get A Vip Number For Your Two Wheeler In Hyderabad?
- Vip Number For Two Wheeler Kerala
- How To Get Vip Two Wheeler Number In Telangana?