The demand for fancy two-wheeler numbers has been growing as people these days do not mind spending some extra money in making their bikes look special. While a motorcycle is just a machine, it can mean the world to some people. A fancy bike registration number can send out a message that you and your vehicle are special. However, getting a VIP vehicle number plate is not an easy task. It cannot be obtained through the usual two wheeler registration process and you are required to get the same through an auction. There may be many other people like you who may have their eyes on the same number that you are looking for. Therefore, the competition remains high.
Components of A Vehicle Number
The two letters in the beginning of a vehicle registration number represents the Indian state in which the vehicle is registered. For instance, PY for Puducherry, MH for Maharashtra, TN for Tamil Nadu, KA for Karnataka, and so on. The next two numbers after the state code is the RTO (Regional Transport Office) code where the vehicle is registered. Few examples are Puducherry - 01, Karaikal - 02, Mahe - 03, and Yanam – 05. The next four numbers on the number plate is the vehicle registration number allotted by the respective RTO. A vehicle registration number ranges from 0001 to 9999. After all the numbers from the series are allotted, an extra alphabet is added to the number and the same series of number continues. The transport department in each state keeps aside several numbers aside as fancy numbers which are allocated through a separate auction.
If you are wondering how to get a fancy two-wheeler number in Puducherry, following is the step-by-step process to apply for the same:
E-Auction of Fancy Registration Numbers
- The auction for fancy vehicle registration number takes place online at www.auctionindia.com.
- The interested applicants need to enclose a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.250 as application fee in favour of ‘Senior Accounts Officer, Transport Department, Puducherry’ payable at Puducherry.
- The applicants need to enclose the EMD (Earnest Money Deposit) in the form of a DD for the base price as stated in Table No.2 for the applicable category of number in the favour of ‘Senior Accounts Officer, Transport Department, Puducherry’ payable at Puducherry.
- After paying the application fee and EMD which is the base price for a registration number, the applicants will obtain a Username and a password to participate in the auction.
- The applicants must keep their usernames and passwords safe and secure. If they happen to lose the same, they should obtain a new one on remittance of EMD and application fee once again.
- The payment of EMD must be made before 3 p.m. on the last date of auction. An applicant can participate in the auction only when they have remitted the EMD before the deadline.
- The bidders must bid above the minimum base price for the respective category as mentioned in Table No.2.
- The Earnest Money Deposit of unsuccessful bidders is refunded on the next day of the auction. The EMD for successful bidders will be adjusted while they pay the remaining balance of the bid.
- The winners if the bid must pay the remaining amount in a period of 3 working days. If they fail to make the payment within 3 days, the application for the bidder will be forfeited and the opportunity will be passed on to the second highest bidder who can make the payment within 3 days and receive the allotment for the number.
- Each bid has to be above the base price in the multiples of Rs.1,000.
- The vehicle for which a special number is reserved should be produced at the transport authority within a month from the date of reservation. If the applicant fails to produce the vehicle within the said time, the allotment of vehicle registration number will be cancelled.
- The reserved vehicle registration number is not be transferable to anyone except the one on whose name the application has been made.
- The interested applicants must submit their residential address, phone/mobile number for correspondence.
- In case of a dispute, the Transport Commissioner’s decision will be taken as final.
- The Transport Commissioner of Puducherry reserves all the rights to admit or reject one or all the tenders without stating any reason thereof.
Table No. 1: Categories of Fancy Vehicle Numbers
|Registration for super fancy numbers||
|Fancy vehicle registration numbers||
|Semi-fancy registration numbers||
|Fancy vehicle number of choice other than the numbers mentioned in the above classifications||Any vehicle registration number preferred in advance by the applicant|
You may like to read: Get Your Bike Insurance Policy Online
Table No. 2: Base Price For Each Category of Fancy Numbers
Base Price for E-Auction
Motor vehicles with engine capacity of:
|Registration for super fancy numbers||Rs.25,000||Rs.50,000|
|Fancy vehicle registration numbers||Rs.20,000||Rs.40,000|
|Semi-fancy registration numbers||Rs.10,000||Rs.20,000|
|Fancy vehicle number of choice other than the numbers mentioned in the above classifications||Rs.5,000||Rs.10,000|