BMW or the Bayerische Motoren Werke is a German manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles. The company is based in Germany, and its headquarters are in Munich. Founded in 1916, the company currently produces the BMW brand of cars, the Mini range of cars as well as BMW Motorrad or the motorcycle range. It is also the parent company of the super luxury Rolls Royce brand of cars.
One of the most recognisable names in the luxury automobile and motorcycle segment, BMW lives up to its motto “Sheer Driving Pleasure” courtesy its unmatched engineering and engine quality. The company currently controls a lion’s share of the luxury car market and its motorcycle division is also on the upswing.
BMW began manufacturing motorcycles after the end of the First World War. Its first bike was produced in 1923, and it has seen success ever since. The bikes it produces generally fall into the luxury and superbike category. In India, 11 of its bikes are currently available, with the price ranging between Rs. 18 to 28 lakh. The company plan to release bikes in the Rs. 3 lakh price bracket this year as well.
The company currently has 36 authorised dealers that sell its bikes in India, and are planning to expand given the growing demand for their products.
There are 11 bikes available for sale in India, with another 2 set for release in 2016. For a tension free ride, consider for your BMW Motorrad. This not only safeguards your very expensive bike against any mishap, but also covers the cost of repair if and when required. Another reason to look for a good bike insurance policy is the recent government notification making it compulsory for all two wheelers to be insured.
The process for applying for bike insurance is also much simpler now, as the entire process can be done online. You can shop for the best bike insurance to suit your budget and the bike you’re buying, or you could renew your existing insurance at the click of a few buttons.
Choosing from among the different insurers and schemes available in the market might seem like a daunting task, but it is well worth the time and effort to ensure you get the best possible coverage at an affordable cost.
Buying bike insurance india would cover the cost of the following in case of loss or damage to your bike:
Natural Calamities: your insurer would foot the bill in case of damage due to storm, flood, typhoon, earthquake, fire, hurricane, landslide, rockslide, lightning strikes or self-ignition.
Man-Made Calamities: your insurer would cover the cost in case of terrorism, accident, riot, theft, malicious activities or in case of damage during air, road or rail transit.
Benefits of BMW Bike Insurance:
There are a number of benefits to insuring your BMW Two Wheeler, which are listed below:
- Cashless servicing facilities at partner garages.
- Instant policy available online.
- Quick and easy settlement of claims.
- 24X7 customer support for claim settlement or queries.
Insurance Companies providing BMW Two Wheeler Insurance Policy:
There are a number of insurance companies who provide BMW bike insurance in India. ICICI Lombard, HDFC Ergo, Bajaj Allianz as well as Reliance General provide insurance plans.
BMW Motorrad bikes available in India are:
- BMW 1.4
- BMW Cr 1200
- BMW F 650
- BMW K 1300
- BMW K 1600
- BMW R 100
- BMW R 1200
- BMW S 1000
- BMW R nine T
BMW Motorrad bikes available in India are:
- Q: What is not covered by two wheeler insurance?
A: There are certain exclusions that will not be reimbursed or covered under two wheeler insurance, such as:
- An electrical or a mechanical breakdown
- Damage due to or by someone riding without a valid license
- Damage due to or by someone riding while inebriated/ under the influence of narcotics.
- Regular wear and tear and ageing.
- Damage or loss as a result of mutiny, nuclear risk or war.
- If the two wheeler is used in any way other than the limitations of its use.
- Q: What documents do I have to submit when filing a claim?
A: When filing a claim, you should provide the below documents:
- Copy of a valid license
- Copy of the insurance policy
- Claim Form, filled and signed
- Copy of the R.C. of the two wheeler
- FIR, if applicable (in case of third party damage or injury, theft or major accidents)
- Repair bill, receipt and proof of release (originals).
- Q: What is meant by Third Party liability cover?
A: Third Party liability is insurance that would cover loss incurred to a third person who is not part of the insurance policy. Following are the losses covered:
- Damage to property (not including the vehicle) of an individual caused by your insured two wheeler.
- Permanent injury or death caused to an individual due to your insured two wheeler.
- How to Calculate Two Wheeler Insurance Premium in India
- Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance In India
- Why Get Your Bike Insured?
- 6 Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- How to Renew Lapsed Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
- Is Bike Insurance Mandatory in India?
- Zero Depreciation Cover for Bike Insurance
- A Beginner’s Guide to Two Wheeler Insurance
- Importance of Two Wheeler Insurance
- Tips to Reduce Bike Insurance Premiums
- How to Cancel Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance
- Honda Two Wheeler Insurance
- Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hero MotoCorp Two Wheeler Insurance
- Harley Davidson Two Wheeler Insurance
- Kawasaki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Triumph Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Two Wheeler Insurance
- TVS Two Wheeler Insurance
- KTM Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hyosung Two Wheeler Insurance
- Yamaha Two Wheeler Insurance
- BMW Two Wheeler Insurance
- Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance
- Two Wheeler Insurance Bangalore
- Two Wheeler Insurance Chennai
- Two Wheeler Insurance in Hyderabad
- Two Wheeler Insurance Kolkata
- Two Wheeler Insurance Mumbai
- Two Wheeler Insurance Pune
- Two Wheeler Insurance Chandigarh
- Two Wheeler Insurance Indore
- Two Wheeler Insurance Ahmedabad
- Two Wheeler Insurance Coimbatore
- Two Wheeler Insurance in Goa
- Two Wheeler Insurance Jaipur
- Two Wheeler Insurance Noida
- Two Wheeler Insurance Gurgaon