Incorporated in year 2000, IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance was formed as a joint venture between IFFCO (Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative) and Tokio Marine and Nichido Fire Group which is one of the largest insurance providers in Japan.
Two-Wheeler Insurance Offered By IFFCO-Tokio
A two-wheeler is one of the most popular modes of commute for people in India. The bike insurance policy offered by IFFCO-Tokio is designed to help two-wheeler users remain protected from financial and legal risk that may arise due to unfortunate incidents involving their vehicles. The policy covers a person against third-party liabilities, theft, and physical damages to the vehicle. The insurer also recommends certain add-ons to enhance the coverage of the policy and provide you with a tailor-made bike insurance policy.
|IFFCO-Tokio Two-Wheeler Insurance – An Overview|
|Incurred Claim Ratio||79.19%|
|Cashless Network Garages||More than 4,300 garages in the country offer cashless service.|
|Third-Party Cover||This covers all legal liabilities for any third-party damage at the time of an accident.|
|Bonus / Discounts||
|Personal Accident Coverage||Personal accident cover is provided to the owner or driver of the vehicle. This will give the rider the option to seek cover at the time of an untoward incident.|
|Policy Term||1 year to 3 years|
What are Key Features of IFFCO-Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Here are some of the most important features of the IFFCO-Tokio bike insurance policy;
- A zero depreciation cover can be opted for multiple times
- Coverage against damages or losses caused to the motorcycle/scooter due to natural calamities such as storm, lightning, flood, landslides, etc.
- Coverage for damages or losses to the vehicle due to theft, burglary, accidental damage, malicious acts, and other human-made calamities.
- Availability of cashless service in over 3400 network garages.
- Easy policy renewal online.
- No Claim Bonus up to 50%.
Benefits of IFFCO-Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Getting a comprehensive insurance policy will cover the damages incurred by you and your vehicle in case you are involved in an accident. IFFC Tokio offers comprehensive insurance plans with several other benefits apart from this major benefit. The insurance company also offers third-party liability only policy in which damages to you and your vehicle will not be covered. Some of the advantages of opting for a comprehensive insurance policy have been mentioned in the video below.
Coverage Offered Under IFFCO-Tokio Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
The following are the coverages offered under IFFCO-Tokio bike insurance policy:
- Physical damage to the vehicle: The policy covers any damage to the vehicle as a result of any minor or major accident.
- Vehicle theft: The IFFCO-Tokio bike insurance policy covers the vehicle owner in case of theft of the vehicle to the extent of the IDV determined for the vehicle at the time of purchase or renewal of the policy.
- Man-made activities: The motor insurance policy offers protection against damages or losses caused to the vehicle due to burglary, riots, strike, and others.
- Coverage against legal liabilities: The bike insurance policy covers the vehicle owner/driver against legal liabilities arising out of damages or loss caused to a third party due to an accident involving the insured vehicle.
Coverage against natural disasters:
Any damage or loss to the vehicle due to natural disasters such as flood, tsunami, hurricane, earthquake, and others disasters are covered under the IFFCO-Tokio bike insurance policy.
Ways To Purchase IFFCO-Tokio Bike Insurance Policy
You can buy an IFFCO-Tokio bike insurance policy in two easy ways as explained below:
1. Visit Your Nearest IFFCO-Tokio Branch Office: You may visit your nearest IFFCO-Tokio branch office to buy or renew a motor insurance policy. To do the same, you must carry all the necessary documents pertaining to your vehicle.2. Buy IFFCO Tokio Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy Online: Buying the bike insurance policy is the most convenient and hassle-free process. The whole process requires minimum documentation and can be completed within a few minutes. You may also compare various policy options on various third-party insurance portals to discover which insurance companies offer you the best coverage at a reasonable price.
IFFCO Tokio Claim Settlement Through Quick Claim Settlement (QCS)
To make claim registration and settlement an easier process, IFFCO Tokio has introduced a claim settlement feature called QCS (Quick Claim Settlement). The feature allows you to register motor insurance claims using a mobile app. Below-mentioned are some of the features of the app:
- All bikes, scooters, and car owners can settle their insurance claims with IFFCO Tokio using the QCS app.
- Two-wheeler claims within Rs.7,000 can be instantaneously settled using QCS.
- The damaged two-wheeler can be carried to the nearest IFFCO Tokio network garage and inspection can be done by the quick settlement inspectors.
- As soon as the vehicle is taken to the nearest garage for repair, the claims made for the same are settled. The whole process does not take more than a day.
- To avail the QCS service, you may download the IFFCO Tokio QCS app or register your claims by calling on the toll-free customer support number.
IFFCO-Tokio Two-Wheeler Insurance Renewal Online
Customers can easily buy or renew IFFCO-Tokio Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy online using the official website of the company. Here is the step-by-step process to do the same:
1. Visit the official website of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance. Select ‘Motor Insurance’ from the drop down menu and click on the ‘Two-Wheeler Policy’ tab.
2. You will be directed to a new page where you may select the ‘Buy/Renew Online’ option. You will again be redirected to a page where you can choose from the below-mentioned options:
- Renew Existing Policy
- Renew Non IFFCO Tokio Policy
- Buy New Policy
3. The option to renew your bike insurance policy can also be accessed from the chat widget on the IFFCO Tokio website.
4. Once you select the required option, the website takes you to a page where you can enter the details pertaining to your vehicle.
5. After entering all the required details, press the ‘Search’ button.
6. Fill out the necessary details asked in the subsequent page to finish the process.
7. Fill in the necessary fields in the next page to complete the process.
Make the payment using the available online payment options.
Two-Wheeler Insurance Calculator
While buying a two-wheeler insurance policy, customers may use the two-wheeler insurance premium calculator to compare quotes of multiple policies offered by the company. You may choose the necessary extensions and add-ons to calculate the premium amount for the policy you are interested to purchase.
Factors Influencing the Premium of A Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
The insurance premium varies from one policy to another as there are several factors that determine the same. Here are some of the important factors that influence a bike insurance premium:
- Two-Wheeler Type and Model: Generally, the premium for expensive, high-end motorcycles, and sports bikes is generally higher than that of commuter vehicles as the risk associated with them remains high.
- Deductibles: A deductible is the portion of total claim that a policyholder has to pay from his/her own pocket. At the time of buying an insurance policy, if the customer chooses a higher deductible, he/she gets to pay a lower premium. However, their liability in case of an accident or theft also increases.
- Add-On Covers: The kind of add-on covers that you choose affects the amount of premium you pay for your insurance policy. Some add-on covers like zero depreciation cover can really enhance the coverage of your policy. While it may be of significant help at the time of claim settlement, a customer needs to pay additional premium to avail the benefits of the same. Thus, add-on covers must be chosen wisely.
- No Claim Bonus: A No Claim Bonus is a concession that policyholders can avail if they have not made any claims on their bike insurance policy during the preceding year. The NCB can go up to 50% based on the number of consecutive claim-free years.
- Condition of The Two-wheeler: The condition of the two-wheeler including the age of the vehicle, type of fuel, area of registration, engine cubic capacity, and other aspects of the vehicle also influence the determination of the premium amount.
IFFCO Tokio Third-Party Liability Insurance Policy
A third-party liability insurance policy covers the insured against legal and financial liabilities arising from property damage, loss, injury, or death caused to a third party during an accident involving the insured vehicle. The third-party cover is the minimum coverage that every motor vehicle must have as per the Motor Vehicles Act. The IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance Policy covers the insured under the following circumstances:
- Damage Caused To A Third-Party Property: If any damage is caused to a property belonging to a third person in the event of an accident, the liabilities arising out of the same can be unlimited. A third-party insurance policy protects the policyholders against such liabilities.
- Physical Injury or Death of the Third-Party: In case of physical injuries caused to a third party due to an accident involving the insured vehicle, the insurance company bears the medical expenses and cost of hospitalisation. The insurer also provides compensation to a third-party or their nominees in case of partial or permanent disability or death.
Limitations of A Third-Party Liability Insurance Policy
- A third-party liability insurance policy remains valid within a limited geographic area as specified in the policy
- The insurance company cannot be held liable for any claim if the driver of the vehicle fails to produce a valid driving license.
- The policy only covers the insured against damage or loss caused to a third-party and does not cover own damage.
- The policy does not cover the insured against natural and man-made disasters. It does not cover the injuries caused by the policyholder/rider during an accident.
- The policy does not cover the vehicle against theft or vandalism.
- The policy does not cover the insured if the accident is caused by a rider under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
IFFCO-Tokio Comprehensive Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
The IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan is an all-encompassing insurance plan that covers the insured against multiple instances that cause loss or damage to the vehicle. It covers ‘own damage’ as well as ‘third-party liabilities’. Below mentioned are some of the benefits covered under the IFFCO Tokio comprehensive bike insurance policy:
- Protection of the Insured Vehicle: A comprehensive motor insurance plan covers the cost of repair of the damaged vehicle due to an accident. It also compensates the policyholder in case of total loss of the vehicle.
- Coverage Against Natural And Man-made Disasters: A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy covers the insured vehicle for damages or loss caused due to natural or man-made calamities. Natural disasters include earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tsunami, and more. Man-made calamities on the other hand include incidents like riots, theft, burglary, and other such incidents.
- Coverage For Personal Injuries: A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy covers the insured for personal injuries to the rider.
- Coverage For Partial or Total Disability or Death of The Rider: In case of accidents that lead to disability or death of the vehicle owner or rider, the insurance company provides the necessary compensation and bears the medical cost as per the conditions of the policy.
- Third-Party Liabilities: The policy also covers any third-party financial and legal liabilities arising out of damage or loss caused to a third-person or their properties.
Exclusions Under IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance Policy
There are certain exceptions to the policy under which the insurance company is not liable to pay any compensation. The same are mentioned below:
- Any loss or damage caused to the vehicle outside the geographic area specified in the policy.
- Any claim resulting from a contractual liability.
- Any loss or damage incurred by the vehicle in case the vehicle is being used against the limitations of its use.
- Any loss or damage to the vehicle caused by the rider who does not hold a valid driving license.
- Any loss or damage to the vehicle, property, or the policyholder arising as consequential loss.
- Any liability arising out of damages due to radiation, ionising, or contamination by radioactivity caused by nuclear elements is not payable by the insurance company.
- Any loss or damage resulting due to invasion, war, terrorist activities, mutiny, rebellion, and other incidents as mentioned in the policy.
IFFCO Tokio Customer Support Contact Details IFFCO-Tokio Toll-Free Phone Number
In case you have any queries or concerns that need immediate attention, you may call on the below-mentioned toll-free number to get your issues resolved. The on-call support can be availed 24/7.
- 1-800-103-5499 (Toll-free number)
- (0124) 428 5499 (Network charges may apply)
IFFCO Tokio Email Address
The customer support team at IFFCO Tokio can also be reached out to via email. The email address is mentioned below: firstname.lastname@example.org
IFFCO Tokio Frequently Asked Queries
Do I get full compensation for theft or total loss of the vehicle?
No, in case of total loss or theft of the vehicle, the insurance company is only liable to pay up to the Insured declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle. The IDV is determined at the time of purchasing or renewing a two-wheeler insurance policy.
How is the premium for a motor insurance policy determined?
The premium for a bike insurance policy is determined based on several factors which include;
- Type of vehicle
- Age of the vehicle
- Insured declared value of the vehicle
- Add-on covers opted for
- Zone of registration
- Cubic capacity of the vehicle
What is No Claim Bonus? How do I benefit from it?
A No Claim Bonus is the discount extended by the insurer to policyholders as an incentive for adopting safe riding practices and making no insurance claims on the policy in the preceding years. The No Claim Bonus can go up to 50% based on the number of consecutive claim-free years.
What are add-on covers? What are the add-on covers offered by IFFCO Tokio?
Every motor insurance policy has certain limits when it comes to the coverage offered. However, some of these limits can be removed by opting for add-on insurance covers. The add-on covers add to the cost of insurance but also enhance the scope of the policy in a significant way. Zero-depreciation cover and personal medical cover are some of the add-on riders offered by IFFCO Tokio.
What is Insured Declared Value?
The IDV is the value of maximum sum assured by the insurance company in case of theft or total loss of the vehicle. The IDV is the market value of the vehicle which is determined based on the manufacturer’s listed price every year minus the depreciation.
How can I register a motor insurance claim in case of an accident?
IFFCO Tokio provides round-the-clock assistance and support for all your claim related needs. You may register the insurance claim by calling on the toll-free customer care number or by visiting your nearest branch office. You may also register your claims using the QCS app.
Is there a time constraint for registering an insurance claim?
A claim should be registered immediately after an incident has occurred. In case of theft claims, you must file an FIR and report the incident to the insurance company within 24 hours.
What are the documents required to register an insurance claim?
The following are the documents that you need to submit to the insurer for claim settlement:
- Insurance policy registration number
- Name and contact details of the insured
- Details of location where the incident took place
- Address of the place where the vehicle can be inspected
- Description of physical injuries if any
Can I transfer my accumulated NCB from previous insurer to IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance Policy?
Yes, you may transfer the NCB from your previous insurance policy to the IFFCO Tokio insurance policy and get up to 50% discount on the premium.
What are the other ways to get discounts on the insurance premium?
Yes, IFFCO Tokio offers a certain discount to customers who have installed an ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) approved anti-theft device in their vehicle. Customers who are members of a recognised automobile association also get special concession.
Can I buy IFFCO Tokio Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
Yes, you can buy IFFCO Tokio bike insurance policy through the official website of the company in the most convenient way. The process requires minimum documentation and can be completed within a few minutes.
Can I buy IFFCO Tokio two wheeler insurance online?
Yes, IFFCO Tokio encourages customers to buy insurance online to increase their convenience. You can download the motorcycle insurance form from the company’s official website, and fill it up duly to apply for the insurance.
What are the benefits of applying for IFFCO Tokio motor insurance, online?
An IFFCO Tokio customer can enjoy the following benefits by applying for motor insurance online -
- Quick approval
- Minimal and easy documentation
- Enables you to analyse the best policies and understand its terms and conditions
- Easy insurance policy renewal for online customers
Does IFFCO Tokio two wheeler insurance policy cover accidents and damages caused outside the geographical area of the policy registration?
No, IFFCO Tokio is not liable to cover any accident, damage or loss caused outside the geographical boundaries of the policy registration.
Does IFFCO Tokio two wheeler insurance provide cashless claim policy?
Yes, to ensure maximum convenience of customers, the cashless network of IFFCO Tokio two-wheeler insurance across India, provides easy claims settlement assistance services. Customers and choose their preferred mode of payment (online and offline) and enjoy the hassle-free facilities.
Can a policyholder get cashless facility under IFFCO TOKIO?
Yes. IFFCO-TOKIO actually has an extensive cashless service centres under its network. To make use of this, a policyholder needs to find one close to their location and get their vehicle serviced there. Also, the policyholder needs to alert the company of the same before going through with this.
Can I cancel the IFFCO TOKIO Bike Insurance Policy?
IFFCO Tokio technically doesn’t allow a policyholder to cancel their policy. However, it is possible if they provide sufficient proof that they already have an existing insurance policy to begin with.
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.