Iffco Tokio two-wheeler insurance policy offers comprehensive cover to the policyholders in addition to other benefits like cashless claim facility and No Claim Bonus Transfer. Iffco Tokio offers 24/7 claim settlement facility and assistance online. Not only that, the cashless claim settlement garages across India will offer utmost convenience to the policyholders.
To file a two wheeler insurance claim with Iffco Tokio, just follow the steps described below.
IFFCO Tokio Claim Policy
- Any loss or damage should be reported immediately to the insurer on receipt of which the insurer will forward a claim form.
- You must submit the duly filled claim form with an estimate of loss and damage.
- Iffco Tokio will arrange for an inspection to survey the damage. In case of major damages, a specialist surveyor is deputed to assess the loss.
- The policyholder must submit the necessary documents to substantiate the nature and extent of loss.
- The claim is settled on agreement of an amount between the insured and the insurer.
- Any accident involving third parties must be reported immediately to the insurers.
- Without the approval of the insurers, no claim should be admitted or a compromise should be arrived at.
- Accidents involving third parties should also be immediately reported to the police.
Documents required to file a Claim
- Photocopy of RC, policy and the driving license
- Duly filled claims form
- Repair invoice
- Satisfaction letter (for cashless payment)
- FIR, if required
In case of an Accident
- Notify the accident by calling Iffco Tokio’s toll free number.
- In case of a major accident, the case should be reported before the vehicle is moved from the place of accident so that the insurers can do a spot inspection.
- After damage assessment, the vehicle may be moved to an authorized workshop for estimation of repair costs.
- Upon receiving the completed claims form and an estimate of repairs, the insurers will arrange for a survey and the cost of repair will be ascertained.
- Driving license, RC will be verified and the insurers will also make sure that a duly licensed person drove the vehicle at the time of accident.
- After the above procedure is completed, the garage will carry out the repairs and the insurer may settle the bills directly or reimburse the insured.
In case of Own Damage Claim
- In the event of a mishap, contact the nearest police station immediately and file a FIR if need be.
- Inform Iffco Tokio about the loss or accident and submit a completely filled claims form.
- Contact Iffco Tokio for any information regarding the cashless facility.
- All damage and loss will be surveyed by a qualified assessor or surveyor and the claims will only be decided after the process.
In case of Theft Claim
- If your vehicle is stolen, file a FIR with the nearest police station.
- Notify Iffco Tokio as soon as possible and provide all details of your vehicle along with the FIR.
- It is also necessary to notify your RTO about the theft.
- If your vehicle is discovered, the insurer will offer compensation on damages and stolen items. If your two-wheeler is not recovered, police will have to provide a Non traceable certificate and court has to offer the final report.
You can contact Iffco Tokio customer care through the customer care number. You can also get 24/7 claims assistance online. Alternatively, you can also visit any of the physical branch to get assistance regarding the claims.