Timely renewal of your bike insurance benefits in many ways. In not only ensures continuity in cover, but also gives you a sense of security. Having an active motor insurance is also mandatory by law. Some of the benefits of Bike Insurance renewal has been elaborated below.
- Protection Against Natural Perils
Renewing your bike insurance on time ensures continuity in protection against natural perils such as Fire, Earthquake, Explosion, Cyclone, Landslide, Flood, Storm, Self-ignition and many more. It pays towards the repair work for damages caused due to any of the perils and also compensates loss of life or injury to the rider-owner and its occupants.
- Protection Against Manmade Perils
Incidents such Burglary, Theft, Strikes, Malicious acts and Accidents and many more man made calamities can either lead to loss of bike or damage to it. An active insurance ensures that your financial liability is limited as it pays a sum insured in case of loss of vehicle or covers the costs of repair and replacements.
- Protection of Legal Interests
You should be aware of the fact that third party insurance is mandatory which implies that the policy should cover liabilities arising out of damage/injury to a third party person/property. Renewal of bike insurance ensures your obligations as a bike owner are fulfilled. The cover provides monetary assistance in case of an unfortunate incident.
- Insurance Cover in Foreign Land
Cross border travel on motorcycles is a fad today. Having a two wheeler insurance pays for damages outside the Indian territory as well. At the time of immigration, 2 wheeler insurance may be mandatory in the country/territory you’re travelling to. Therefore, renewing on time also helps in fulfilling the statutory obligations.
- Access to Discounts and Perks
Ensuring renewal of the insurance policy on time ensures that you remain eligible for discounts such as the No Claim Bonus(NCB). Break in policy period can lead to seizure of perks and discounts.
- Gives You a Sense of Security
The most important factor. Being covered gives you a sense of security to ride confidently. It also saves you from fines imposed by enforcement agencies such as traffic police for not carrying a valid insurance.
Things to keep in mind before Renewal
- Keep a track of the policy validity dates and renew well in advance as per the timelines to save on additional costs such as Inspection Charges.
- Compare insurance offers online before applying. There may an insurer who will offer enhanced benefits at a cheaper price.
- Make use of discounts such as the No Claim Bonus(NCB) and consider increasing your share in Voluntary Excess to get a lower premium amount.